“Excellent, original food!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 599 Restaurants in Tallinn
Cuisines: European, Fusion, Russian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: KOLM SIBULAT (Three onions) - who are we actually? The idea to establish a second restaurant came from our two head chefs. They are true artists at their heart. Our first restaurant Moon has a very distinctive style of cooking and this sets too strict limits to the two creative souls in the kitchen. Many of the fascinating in style raw ingredients and new ideas are not suitable for the use in Russian cooking. This restricts their culinary horizons. Even a very patient and detailed artist gets bored while painting the sea every single day...So the guys came up with the Three Onions concept.
Helsinki, Southern Finland, Finland
“Excellent, original food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

One of the best dinners I've ever had! We're dining out in Helsinki quite often, couple of times a week, and Kolm Sibulat surprised us all! Innovative meals where all the ingredients and different tastes matched in a surprising way. Much better than expected for a very reasonable price, thanks to the location. Tip: with Eurotakso (+3726338888) the taxi from downtown costs under 5 euros. Scallops and chicken schnitzel were amazing, warmly recommended! Will definitely visit again, popular among locals, too!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Finnish first
Stockholm, Sweden
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I visited the restaurant in July, the house looked from sovjet era from outside but inside it was clean, nice and Scandinavian designed interior.
I ordered a main course and dessert, both were well prepared with good ingredients.
Good restaurant with prices in line with what you get.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tallinn, Estonia
“3.5 out of 5 to be honest”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Let me start by saying that Kohvik Moon, which is owned by the same people is one of my favorite places in Tallinn. Who knows how many times I was there. Seeing that this new place (not that new already) opened - I expected to experience the same gastronomical joy. Well, it's a shame, but my dreams faded away quickly after I had tried the first dish. Don't get me wrong - it was still quite good, but not worth going there again and taking something similar. I tried one of soups (and it was really good), some home-made noodles (well, average) and 2 deserts (really good). I will get back and try something else hoping it will be better. If not - I'll stick to my usual Kohvik Moon visits instead. But what I really like was the interior, outdoor seating and great (as usual) service. I also liked the fact that there are 2 good beers in the menu - Kohvik Moon loses here hands down. All in all, this place is worth visiting, but I suggest asking a waiter/waitress what they can recommend - my guess is that noodles are not in that list.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Helsinki, Finland
“Excellent & unique food with interesting twist!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Great experience in not-so-well-known part of the city but still only a short walk from the Old Town. Definitely something new. Lovely atmosphere, good service, excellent quality with very reasonable prices! Will most definitely visit again!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tallinn
“Really imaginative food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The ingredients are king here. Really fresh produce cooked just enough to bring out the flavour. The asparagus and egg starter and the vegetarian platter were a gentle symphony of flavours, the sirloin steak just perfect and the homemade noodles and broth combinations light but full of taste sensations that were set off by wonderful homemade bread. Also the best pavlova I have had for many years. Go there, give them your money...then they can finish the decorating.

Visited June 2013