“Good value for the money” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #20 of 84 Hotels in Tallinn
Tampere
“Good value for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed in the business room. It was spacious with excellent sleep value. Beds very really good. Staff is friendly. Breakfast is good but not excellent. Childrens play room is a bit small but with lots of toys. There is a sauna and a small swimming pool as well as a decent gym. There is no water cooker but a coffee machine is included. I have stayed many times in this hotel starting more than 20 years ago and I think it still is good value for the money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear guest

Thank you for chosing the Radisson Blu Olümpia for your stay in Tallinn. I am very glad that you did like your stay and will share your feedback with my team. We all hope you will continue using our hotels during your trips to Tallinn.

Meinrad Schibler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Utrecht, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My room was a lot smaller than I expected for a relatively empty country like Estonia, but the hotel has done a good job to make it look bigger than it is. Nicely decorated with mirrors and layers.

The room:
Free and fast wireless internet,
Shower: hot and plenty.
Safe: big enough to fit an average laptop.
Air-conditioning (warm day in June) worked well.
Iron board &

The rest:
Taxi from and to the airport was arranged by the hotel. I don’t know if this is standard or if I was lucky.
Parking space at the back of the hotel was free
Breakfast varied and good (except for the coffee).

I enjoyed my stay and I can recommend this hotel. However, except for the view from the top floors it has nothing to make it stand out from other good hotels.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear guest

Thank you for staying with us during your trip to Tallinn. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay and will share your comments with my team. We all hope you will chose the Radisson Blu Olümpia for your next stay in Tallinn too.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Came here for business. The hotel is in a good shape on the inside, has a pool on the top floor and free, fast, internet. Breakfast is good, rooms are clean and quiet and the staff is helpful and friendly. I can understand the feedback I am reading in other reviews regarrding the size of the room; especially when you are a tall person.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for chosing the Radisson Blu Olümpia for your stay in Tallinn. I am very happy you did like your stay with us and will share your feedback with my team. We all hope that you will visit us soon again.

Vietnam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed at several Radisson Blu hotels during a trip through the Baltic states. The Olympia was my least favorite. The room was very small with only 38cm of space between the end of the bed and the wall. This would be a real problem if you were a big person. As it was I had to walk sideways or I would hit my leg on the bed. The TV was the old fashioned sort they had before flat screens were invented. At least it was on a swivel base so you could watch it from the bed. There were tea and coffee making facilities, but no decaf coffee even when I asked for some. In the bathroom the shower was over a very high bath (62cm from the floor) that you had to climb over to get a shower. Trying to climb into the bath was made even more difficult by an immovable glass screen that took up half the length of the bath. At least there was a grab rail to assist, but I wouldn't stay here if you had any mobility problems. There was no shaving mirror as the other Radisson hotels had.

On the plus side there was a trouser press and in the bathroom a heated towel rail that was good for hanging laundry. The tiled bathroom floor was heated which was a nice touch. There was a security safe, but the sign on top of it seemed to indicate that the hotel would charge your credit card if you used the safe. I rang down to reception about this and the receptionist said "Yes, it is confusing." If their own staff think this, why isn't the system or the sign changed? It was explained that I had to swipe a credit card across the top of the safe to open or close it. This would be done without charge. Why not stick to the usual code of 4 numbers? Keep it simple.

There was a very nice coffee shop that seemed to be open until very late on the ground floor which sold salads, snacks and great cakes. Upstairs was the excellent breakfast buffet in the morning and it turned into a fine dining restaurant in the evening.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has more than 38cm of space between the end of the bed and the wall, and a walk...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us in Tallinn and taking the time to post a reply in Tripadvisor. I am very sorry you did not entirely enjoy your stay in the Radisson Blu Olümpia. I will review each of your comments with my team and make improvements to our operation. We are striving for the maximum guest satisfaction and to live up to exceed all our guests expecations.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed here when I was unable to get a room at the Swissotel due to a big NATO meeting. The hotel itself is ok, and seemed fairly modern in the lobby. The staff were efficient. The rooms themselves were clean, though tiny. When I stretched out, I could touch the walls on both sides. I also almost knocked the little TV (which was one of those little old tube ones from the early 90s) over when turning around. There was a separate ironing room shared with the rest of the floor, which was probably fortunate as I am not sure where I would have done it within the room. The view was ok from the room.

Breakfast was ok. The food was pretty good, though the décor had seen better days.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for chosing the Radisson Blu Olümpia for your stay in Tallinn. I am sorry you did not like the room you stayed in. Our standard rooms are indeed relatively small. However we are trying to prize them at a competitive level taking the current market situation into account. The Radisson Blu Olümpia has 4 different kinds of room types ranging from standard rooms to the suites. Each upgrade comes at a relatively reasonable prize and our Business Class rooms are among the biggest in Tallinn. I would be very pleased if you tried us again and maybe this time at a room/prize level comparable to the Swissotels which you mentioned in your kind review. Looking forward to welcoming you again.

Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

All though we first got the wrong room key, it was a very pleasant and complex free stay. 10-15 minutes slow walk to beautiful old town and shopping centre.

The room was clean and well kept, but the shower/toilet had one of those glass-see-through walls - not the best for privacy if that's important.

Room Tip: Maybe a view over old town would be nicer than the park/other area, but a tip is to get a room high...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for chosing the Radisson Blu Olümpia for your stay in Tallinn. I am very glad you enjoyed it and will be sharing your comments with my team. We all hope you will visit us soon again.

Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I was here with my wife and my little girl on a business trip. So while I also tested the conference facilities, they tested the rest of the hotel and the personnel. The Hotel Olumpia sits on the outskirts of the old town Tallinn, about 3 km from the airport (a taxi ride, official, costs between 5.20 and 8 euros: tested). A walk to the walled city takes about 15 minutes. The hotel has been partially renovated in more recent times, so the rooms are slightly different. The gym, swimming pool and sauna faciliites are very nice (beautiful view of the city while swimming) but with some glitch on the cleanliness side. The personnel of the hotel is absolutely outstanding, very friendly, efficient and, to us, able to solve any request. Definetely a plus when you are away from home for more than a couple of nights. The buffet breakfast is somptuous and varied. Only glitch every day the same things. If the room rate is within your budget (we paid 129 per night for a suite for 3 including breakfast) it is definetely an excellent choice. We would stay there again if we were to return to Talinn.

Room Tip: High rooms, city side, offer superb sunsets.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind comments and for posting them on Tripadvisor. We are all very pleaseed you enjoyed your stay at the Radisson Blu Olümpia in Tallinn. We do our best as a team to make your next stay here just as pleasant.

Meinrad Schibler

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia? Share your experiences!