Checked in very easily, young lady spoke perfect English and explained the hotels breakfast times etc to us no problem.
Room a nice size, while I had requested a double bed we were given a 3rd floor room overlooking the downstairs lounge area, which had twin beds. We weren't as bothered as a previous reviewer was, we just pushed them together and the chambermaid made them up as a double from then on.
Room very warm, underfloor heating in bathroom so hot one day we had to stand on the bath mat for comfort. However as it was so cold outside the warmth of the hotel was very welcome.
No tea/coffee making facilities unfortunately, but hairdryer provided in bathroom, as were toiletries. Towels a little on the thin side but did the job.
Very comfortable bed and second pillows delivered within half hour of requesting them at reception. Bedding, room and bathroom clean but shower curtain and toilet brush need replacing.
I have read reviews complaining about the breakfast choices but it amazes me what people want. No veggie sausages? If that's all then no probs. On offer were croissants or sweet cakes, bread, toast making facility, cereals, fresh fruit, tea/coffee/orange and apple juices, yogurts, cold meats and cheeses and boiled eggs. On the hot plate you could have porridge, scrambled eggs, sausages or meatballs, baked beans, potatoes and a veg mix.
If you can't find something to eat from that then I suppose you'd have to go into town and pay at a cafe.
On check out I asked at reception to order us a taxi back to airport, which they did and it cost 9 euros, I would suggest you try to contact the hotel to arrange for when you arrive as the one we took outside the arrivals charged us 15 euros. However as I had read that taxis tend to rip off tourists I thought that wasn't too bad.
Excellent location, within easy walking distance to old and new town, ferry port, culture walk and sea plane museum. Bar comfortable and staff pleasant and polite, prices on a par with town.
- Also Known As:
- Domina Inn Ilmarine Hotel Tallinn
- Domina Inn Ilmarine Hotel
- Domina Hotel Tallinn
- Domina Hotel Ilmarine
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- PK Ilmarine Hotel is a charming hotel conveniently located just near the historical Old Town, in the culturally versatile seaside region of Tallinn. It is only a few minutes' walk from the ferry terminal, railway station, and the city business, entertainment and shopping districts. With its bar & restaurant Wiegand, beauty salon Angel's Rose, the gym, sauna & relaxation area, free WiFi and parking, Ilmarine will be everything you expect from a "home away from home". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Olotels, Priceline, Otel, Cheap Tickets, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your PK Ilmarine Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.