“Great hotel and a great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of My City Hotel Tallinn

Save Saved
You added My City Hotel Tallinn to your Saves list
My City Hotel Tallinn
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Vana-Posti 11 / 13, Tallinn 10141, Estonia (Formerly Domina Inn City)   |
Special Price
3 nights=20% off!
Ranked #8 of 84 hotels in Tallinn
Runcorn
“Great hotel and a great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Excellent hotel in superb location ,just a few minutes walk from town centre .The staff were helpful and friendly , good breakfast buffet We stayed here in Jan 2012 and it was -15 in the day , so it was cold but the rooms were snug ,the windows have 2 sets of double glazing to keep the cold out and any noise from the street.We would definately come he're again and if you like ice skating the outdoor ice rink is just at the top of the road

Room Tip: Any room would be good
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

313 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Jarvenpaa, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

The staff is very helpful. The bedroom have enough space and quiet.
The hotel is located near the old town of Tallinn very easy to access with the walking street.
The sauna and jacuzzi can be rented for private moments.
The only thing they should improve is the breakfast. The choice of food is poor, the room is very small and if you don't arrive at the opening during the weekend you may be be obliged to ask to the staff to get what you want.

Room Tip: I would recommend the last floor rooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We booked this hotel in August 2012 knowing that Tallinn is very busy during Russian New Year holidays. We booked directly from the hotel and it was good bargain, they gave us nice discount for more than 3 nights stay, so we got 5 nights stay at deluxe room breakfast included for 680 Euros. From August to December I sent them e-mails asking to book for us tables in best restaurants on specific dates - every letter had prompt reply confirming my request, and when I reminded them that we need room for smokers with separate beds, they answered that there was only one deluxe room of that kind and it would be kept especially for me. I must say that the young lady who answered my letters, receptionist Marelle Kalvik, very accurate and responsible, always smiling and ready to help - is real asset of this hotel. I must also say that we arrived by morning flight and were immediately checked in without waiting for 2 p.m. Our deluxe room was spacious, very bright, vell furnished, with big bathroom with bidet and good supply of toiletries. As promised there was electric kettle with tee and coffee, bathrobes and slippers, safe, flat screen TV with international channels (3 Russian, BBC, CNN), WiFi without any passwords and limits, comfortable beds and normal windows, overlooking Soprus Cinema. The breakfast though nothing special was well organised and quite decent with good coffee, oatmeal, smoked salmon, wonderful local cottage curd and jogurt, always enough tables and food constantly replenished. The location of the hotel for me, visiting Tallinn for last 40 years and staying in many hotels, seems the best as on today - 3 minutes walk to City Hall square, another 3 minutes walk in opposite direction to Estonian Opera, everything just around the corner, so we often dropped by during the day to change clothes or to leave bags after shopping. Room tip - take deluxe room, and for those who care about street noise - don't take room on Soprus Cinema side - there were crowds shouting all nights through, but my friend doesn't care and I always travel with ear plugs, so we slept with fresh sea air in the room. All in all it was very nice stay and I very much recommend to stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: Room tip - take deluxe room, and for those who care about street noise - don't take room on Sopr...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
KilluMaidla, General Manager at My City Hotel Tallinn, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Ivetta,

Thank you for taking the time to give our hotel such detailed and good review. We are very happy that you chose our hotel for your stay in Tallinn during your Christmas Holidays.
But it makes us even more happy to read your positive feedback about our hotel.
All our team members from reception follow the comments and reviews in Tripadvisor.com on regular basis and it's very heartwarming to get compliments about our staff and service. It means a lot for us and I want to thank you on behalf of all team for these positive words!
We are glad to see that you have enjoyed your trip to Tallinn and without saying, it's very clear that we are looking forward to welcoming you back here!

Looking forward to welcoming you back,

My City Hotel manager
St. Petersburg, Russia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Sad to say - but we saw the worst guy on reception in Europe.
We had confirmed booking from booking.com - smoking room with double bed. Receptionist told us that they have neither double bed nor smoking rooms in this room category and offered high-level room which will meet our requirements just for additional 55 euros (+30% to initial price). We've declined this offer and got our room... With double bed. Just 4 hours later we've asked For a smoking place in a hotel - and new receptionist told us that we have smoking room as well. Please be careful and don't pay additional money if you asked to.

Meanwhile the room was good (and we have a rubber duck in a bathroom!). Hotel is located not so far from Viru street, Old City center, ferry terminal and railroad station. Good breakfast and nice coffee in the rooms.

P.S. We've asked receptionist about spoken language - he says that he don't understand Russian - but his English was terrible..

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
KilluMaidla, General Manager at My City Hotel Tallinn, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Mr Stanislav,

thank you for this review - we really appreciate your time for giving us the feedback, which is great tool for us to make improvements.
I am really glad to see that you were happy with your room. Looking at the system and trying to find out what were our mistakes I realize that receptionist who at first offered you upgrade for extra charge eventually upgraded you to superior room without any extra charge to make sure we meet your requirements (double bed and smoking room). It was correct that that day we could not offer double bed and smoking possibility in any of standard rooms (only twin-bed non-smoking rooms were available) – but this is of course our issue and mistake that we haven’t checked one of these rooms for you earlier.
I am sorry our receptionist didn’t communicate this upgrade correctly at check-in. I will discuss it with my team and I am sure we learned a serious lesson here.

I hope that otherwise you have enjoyed your visit to Tallinn, that you spent lovely time in the city and you were pleased with rest of services in hotel.

Once again, thank you for this review and your visit!
If you would consider vising our city and hotel again, we would be very glad to welcome you here.

Hotel Manager
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Hotel was booked via booking on Christmas holiday, the price was a little bit high but reasonable. Room was clean and very silent. Breakfast was poor and the food was over in 30 minutes before end. The hotel have private parking (20euro/night, parking near port cost 6euro/night). The hotel located near the old town.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
IS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Superior rooms are small, the hotel bar is closed too early, the breakfast is awful and the quality of the clients of this hotel is poor. I would give 3 stars rather than 4. Price is too big for what they offer.

Room Tip: I dont know.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear madam,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to give rating to our hotel. I am very unhappy to see that your visit was such a disappointment. To be honest, I don't understand what has gone wrong.

Our hotel bar closes at 10 p.m., which is quite regular for most of hotel bars in Tallinn. Night clubs are available within short walking distance from hotel. We have been also considering longer opening hours, but so far there has been no need or requests about that and most of our hotel guests have drink in the bar just before going out for dinner. But I surely understand that people have different expectations and I am sincerely sorry we didn't met yours.

I am sorry about disappointing breakfast as well. It would have been helpful to have more details - was the issue in service or food quality during your visit?

With all our team we are very focused on our guests and put our heart and soul to make the stay here as comfortable and nice as possible. Unfortunately I don't understand from your review what exactly went wrong during your visit. If you are willing to help us to improve, we would really appreciate your suggestions - I will be waiting for your e-mail to address killu@mycityhotel.ee.

Once again, please accept my personal apologizes as well as from all our team that we didn’t manage to meet you expectations at all.

Hotel Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Great hotel, stayed there already twice this year, with a further 2 more stays bookes.
Friendly staff and very clean hotel.
Great Location, as you are in Old Town so you just walk out of the hotel around the courner and everything is there.
Only downside I have experienced is some times you can hear people walking through the hallway/stairwell.
But this won't turn me off this hotel.

Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to My City Hotel Tallinn? Share your experiences!