“Great stay at the Radisson Blu” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #7 of 84 Hotels in Tallinn
Woodstock, New York
“Great stay at the Radisson Blu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed one night as part of a package deal with boat from Helsinki. 38 Euros for the night including breakfast!!!!! Room was located on the 18th floor. Reception desk was very friendly and checked us in early. Access to all floors is with card key. Hotel was stylish and clean. Hardly ever waited for an elevator. Room was large and decorated nicely. Plenty of room and counterspace for items inside the room as well as the bathroom. TV had several english channels which is a big plus and the usual. Room has a safe, refrigerator bar, plenty of electrical outlets, and with excellent wireless internet access which is FREE. Beds were very comfortable. They have a nice rooftop bar which we had no problems in getting a table. Not sure why some found it difficult. Breakfast buffet was very nice with wide selection of things to choose from. Only issue was that we found little fruit flies in the juice. We notified them and they immediately brought us over fresh juice that we saw came from a container. We had a party meet us in the lobby and the hotel reception was nice enough to make a reservation for us to a restaurant. Very obliging, always courteous. excellent time. thank you.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kristel M, F&B Service Manager at Radisson Blu Sky Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear mlomagno,

Thank you for taking time to write your feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

Great and friendly service is one of our priorities. We are glad to check in people upon arrival no matter time it is just up to availability. Elevators get to hotel floors only with key card and this is an additional step towards safety. Wireless WiFi is standard for all Radisson Blu hotels.

Thank you, mlomagno, once more for your positive feedback and support. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Kristel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I was staying here after a year, and after the last disappointing stay, this time it was totally different. The hotel seems to have undergone a complete renovation and change of attitude and service. First of all, as a Gold member I got upgraded to a corner suite that had awesome views all around. It was very spacious and comfortable, though for this size, the bathroom seemed a bit compact. The mattresses (that were a big complaint last time) are now firm and comfortable. While the breakfast scene still continues to be chaotic due to the large tour groups that stay here consisting primarily of senior citizens and the ubiquitous Chinese that are trampling all over the world, it has a refreshing design and feel. The spread is as varied as any typical Radisson hotel in Europe. The location is of course very convenient,

This is a reincarnated Radisson in town, and go for it if you can get a good deal as I did.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kristel M, F&B Service Manager at Radisson Blu Sky Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear pradipd25,

Thank you for taking to write your feedback and observations. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

We have recently finished with hotel renovation including hotel rooms, public areas and conference area. Together with renovation we changed all the furniture and mattresses. For Club Carlson Gold Members we are always happy to offer an upgrade to business class rooms or suites upon availability. Super Breakfast is a standard for all Radisson Blu hotels.

Thank you, pradipd25, once more for your positive feedback and support. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Naples, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights during an OAT trip in June 2013 of the Baltic States.
Good location to visit old town with-n walking distance. Can see the top of the hotel for miles away so you can't get lost. Visit the top floor for great views of the city. Go a different times of the day to get different sun reflections on roof tops. Breakfast is very good also and items replaced quickly. We had dinner next door at Madissoni Grill and Bar. Food was good as was service. Try also the Lido restaurants in the city. It's like a cafeteria, where you can see what you are ordering.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Kristel M, F&B Service Manager at Radisson Blu Sky Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear chuckinNaples,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback and observations. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

Our Lounge 24 is situated 90 m above see level and together with sun and long summer nights the view from open air terrace is gorgeous. Super Breakfast is standard for all Radisson Blu hotels.

Thank you, chuckinNaples, once more for positive feedback and support. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I have to admit that I stayed in this hotel 5 years ago. Whenever I am travelling to Tallinn I am feeling like a child that’s coming to visit his favourite aunt. With the same feeling I did decided to book Radisson Blu hotel that due to location and extraordinary building its already a landmark for Estonian capital.
My check –in went very smooth and as I am spending a lot of time in the hotels… too smooth. However my Carlson Card was in the system so I haven’t been so suspicions at this moment.
First change in the hotel comparing to this what I remember from the past, I ve realize looking around at the lobby area. I do remember hotel with original glass legs at the reception satellites. I have to admit that now lobby was looking interesting. I went upstairs got a room on really high floor with excellent view….. and noise coming from the top roof Café. Room was specious and with new décor – functional but grey. Bathroom I cannot recall how was it before but I really do like high quality of everything there. Coming back to the room. There is not anymore wardrobe that you can close and don’t see what inside. This new concept for me fit more into 3 star hotel. I was trying to find the safe box… and thanks God it was there… but location on the top of cupboard above minibar… interesting concept – good that one touch service knows everything … I was really surprised that now as I booked KING SIZE room at Tallinn it means two TWIN rooms zipped together. Don’t expect the mattress cover… you will feel this hole in the middle of the bed… a bit disappointed I went upstairs to check my favourite top room café …. And unfortunately I found by reaching 24th that there is closed party there. Fine- happens – let enjoy other people privately booked this really amazing place. I called again one touch service as apart of being eager to see Tallinn by night from above I was also keen on to eat something. …and unfortunately no BAR at Friday evening was working af 00.20 – I was guided to read the night room service menu and choose something out of it. What in generally didn’t take me more than 2 min, just because I ve never seen in my life in business class hotels such short menu. NO burger, no choice for hot stuff when someone doesn’t eat pork… and prawns salad – cold – but really delicious.
I will not make this review too long, but for sure something is going on in the Food and Beverage dept. in this hotel and I can assume it’s not the right directions. Apart from the room service menu ( night) that is a joke. Breakfast at Radisson`s now and I really must say that it was always a strong point for me to take decision on choosing this chain… but in Tallinn restaurant stuff is not able to manage to keep the buffet always full as it should be…I arrived for breakfast at 9.30 with another probably 100 people. Waiting time for Salmon in slices- 20 min, no mayonnaise on the buffet, however one staff member was kind enough to bring it to my table. Scrambled eggs – cold and not eatable, rest seems to be all right – nice choice of juices, cheese and meat …. but… the BREAD which is always an excellent in Estonia.,, this in Radisson is shame and NOBODY will convince me that it was the fresh one.
I went back into my room… open ELECTRONICAL minibar, that s drive me crazy, cause when I don’t have the glasses on my nose I cannot see what is in this little bottles on the top  anyway mixed cognac with whiskey and of course charge immediately landed on my bill. I went to look for ice cubes to make my own drink… I found on the corridor the sign where the ice cubes machines are located… believe me or not…I went on four floor to try to find it… got enough.. had my drink without ice. I started to laugh to myself… where are this good old Radisson time? Enough is enough went for lunch and dinner outside the hotel. On the check in, I was asked how was my stay ? I ve share with front desk member my thoughts about old style of the hotel … and I was told I am not the only one who doesn’t like this changes… my minibar was corrected as it should be…. Checked out -not sure will check in again before CHECK IN the competition around.. as this experience is somehow force me to do it.
This hotel is worth to visit due to excellent views, convenient location in the business heart of Tallinn with walking distance to each point worth to see in Tallinn and kind staff … and was worth to visit due to excellent F&B offer what I am not sure now about...but I am keeping my summary review as VERY GOOD.

Room Tip: High floors rooms - enjoy the view :)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Lauder T,

Thank you for taking time to write feedback and sharing your observations. Every guest comment is very important to us in order to find out shortages and areas for improvement.

I deeply regret to learn about disappointment that you received during your stay. We do try hard with our Yes I Can service and I am sorry to read that regardless to our best intentions, you received less than the perfect service.

Herewith please accept my deepest apologies for the inconveniences and unsatisfying service. We will follow up the points that you have addressed and try to avoid such situations in the future.

Thank you, Lauder T, once more for sharing your feedback and observations. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and offer the service that really complies with Radisson Blu standards.

Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

For one night Tallinn visit, everything went as expected. Good location, nice view, very good service with clean modern room. Wi-Fi connection excellent. We ate lunch and dinner on hotel´s bar and restaurant, they were professionally made and served, taste OK.

For consideration, breakfast service would have needed superior. Sauna floor needed cleaning.

Visit the skybar at the top of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kristel M, F&B Service Manager at Radisson Blu Sky Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Lari70,

Thank you for your feedback and support. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We have recently renovated our rooms and they really do look modern and light. Free WiFi connection is standard for all Radisson Blu hotels. Good service is one of our priorities.

Also I would like to thank you for sharing your observations about Breakfast and Sauna. Guest feedback is very important for us in order to find out shortages and areas for improvement. We will follow up on this.

Thank you, Lari70, once more for your positive feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Lake Forest, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Nothing was omitted by this Radisson Blu Hotel. Starting at the front desk where the staff were nothing bu excellent. The room was perfect breakfast was first class. They really push you to visit the outdoor rooftop cafe. Unfortunately when you get there there are no seats or tables available. Even though there were only six people there on day one ALL tables are reserved. On day two there were only two people present but all the tables were reserved. After we were seated on day three Maggie decided that our table was reserved by someone else, there were NO people present. Avoid the rooftop, even with a reservation. This is the one area that the staff were rude and disorganized.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kristel M, F&B Service Manager at Radisson Blu Sky Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear tom s,

First of all I would like to thank you for your feedback. Every guest comment is very important for us as this is the way to find out shortages and areas for improvement.

We are very much delighted that you found our front desk team being excellent, room perfect and breakfast first class. We have recently finished with renovation in all hotel rooms, conference area and breakfast area. Super Breakfast is standard of all Radisson Blu Hotels just as team friendlyness and hospitality.

I am very sad to read that you did not enjoy our roof top bar. We do consider Lounge 24 being our pearl. It is very popular among locals and tourists and table reservation is often needed in order to get a table. We never reserve any table on the terrace but we do reserve them in side the Lounge. Sometimes we have big groups over there with preordered dinners or lunches and in order to set the table in time and be sure that it is available when group arrives, we reserve the table couple of hours ahead just as information that this table is available only until some time in the evening. This might look exactly like you described that only few people are in restaurant and most of the tables are reserved.

I am very sorry about your experience. I do apologize that you have received less than a perfect service and Radisson Blu standard. But I am very thankful to you for your feedback and we will focus on this subject in order to improve our service over there.
Thank you tom s, once more for your feedback and hope to see you again.

With Kind Regards,
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

A wonderful place to stay, best experience from several Radisson Blu we've stayed in so far. We stayed in a business class room on 22nd flr. The view of the city from the window was amazing. Our room was very modern with a really cool design. Spotlessly clean. Bathroom is spacious and you even get your own cord to dry your clothes. Bed was firm (just perfect) and very comfortable. Breakfast was great, wonderful selection, fresh fruits and vegetables, hot and cold buffet (sausage, bacon, eggs, potatoes, sauteed tomatoes and mushrooms), cereals and yogurts. The best muesli mix/drink ever (with fresh apples!)

Staff is friendly and efficient.

Loved this hotel, will definitely come back here!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear vg2555,

thank you for taking time to write such a detailed feedback about your experience at our hotel. We are very delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

Tallinn is very beautiful and accordingly the view from our hotel windows. The higher floor the better is the view of course, specially considering that our hotel in one of the few high buildings in Tallinn. We have recently finished with hotel renovation and we are also very happy about the new modern and cool design of it. Our hotel rooms are often considered big and spacious just as bath rooms. Together with new rooms and furniture we do have new mattresses in beds. Super Breakfast is standard of all Radisson Blu hotels and the Bircher muesli is Radisson Blu hotel signature item in our hotel. We do try hard with our service and we are happy to read that you found our staff friendly and efficient.

Thank you, vg2555, once more for your positive feedback and support. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Kristel

Been to Radisson Blu Sky Hotel? Share your experiences!