“Mediocre” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 84 Hotels in Tallinn
Turku, Finland
“Mediocre”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I´m an old Tallinn-visitor and I wanted to try a hotel outside the center. First thing I have to say: If U wanna go to Talliinn on wintertime U choose a hotel in center: Viru or Nordic Forum. OK. We took Radisson Blu. We walked a well-known route from C-Terminal to Radisson, got a good check-in service and everything. The hotel has a good view, but not the best one. Hotel has a 24th floor bar with wiews over the town, but in the wintertime there was nor wiew nor athmosphere. The breakfast in the hotel was ok, rooms were clean and so on. But I have to complain the renovation and drilling which was on and on also on sunday. I understand we were there outside the tourist season, but still drilling was interrupting us. In the hotelrroom it was also cold. Im not gonna visit that hotel in Tallinn again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Gilles T, General Manager at Radisson Blu Sky Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Karaleva83,
first of all let me thank you for your suggestions and comments, I will look into your inquiries and find a solution in relation to the discomfort you had. on behalf of myself and my team I would like to apologize for the inconvenience we created you and hope you will give us other chances in the future to show you that this was just an unfortunate occasion.

best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My stay here was excellent, a very memorable trip. The service was great, the food was good, the rooms well furnished and very comfortable. The location is very good too, quite close to the airport (only 15 mins by taxi) but not too close to be bothered by aircraft noise. Its on a high street so its very convenient for shops and restaurants and there's even a park nearby that was really good for just sitting and relaxing. The walk into the historic parts of the old city though is quite a long walk and most of it uphill so I'd recommend a taxi, but very worthwhile visiting. The hotel is a very tall sky scapper so even though its on the high street I wasn't bothered at all by traffic noise. By far the highlight of the trip though was the beautiful views over Tallinn from the sky lounge on the top of the hotel and sipping a cool beer while watching the sun go down. Idyllic!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Gilles T, General Manager at Radisson Blu Sky Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Dale T.
I am delighted that my team was able to make your trip a real success! We hope to see you soon in our beautiful hotel and city, thank you again for your great comment!

Seinajoki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Great central location in the city, great customer service and room service. Breakfast selection was great. Close enough to walk to old Tallinn and ferry. Had a beautiful view of the old Tallinn from room.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Gilles T, Manager at Radisson Blu Sky Hotel, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear JEMkiwi,
On behalf of Radisson blu staff and myself I am glad to hear you have enjoyed staying in our beautiful town and hotel and hope, some day, you will come to visit us again!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Very nice hotel. Probably 3 blocks to the old town. Had a very modern, large room. Very large shower - could hold 4 people! Breakfast was nice and varied.

The only problem was that I had the last room at the end of the corridor and could not connect to the internet. The front desk said they often had this problem and quickly installed a router in my room. The only problem was that I still had no internet. Thus, I highly recommend this hotel, but just don't get a room near the end of the corridor.

Room Tip: Don't get a room at the end of the corridor - weak/no internet service.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Gilles T, Manager at Radisson Blu Sky Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Jay K,
thank you for your positive comments and suggestions we are currently investigating what could have gone wrong with the Wifi connection to improve and resolve the issue. On behalf of Radisson blu team and myself we hope that your stay was still enjoyable and wish to welcome you again in our beautiful town and hotel.

Heusden-Zolder, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I'm almost every week in Tallinn and usual I stay in the Radisson Olympia hotel.
For New years eve I wanted something different and I stayed this time in the Radisson Blu hotel.
I had a room (2210) on the 22 floor. This is a "business class room".
The room was wearied out, outdated and a bed that must have been good 10 year ago but not anymore. Taking in consideration that it was more expensive then the business class rooms in the Radisson Olympia I must say it was by far not worth the extra money and I wished I stayed in Olympia.
We had booked a New Years eve dinner in Lounge 24, the top floor restaurant of the Radisson Blu. This was top notch. State of the art food, Unbelievable view of the city and the New Years eve fireworks. We really enjoyed it.
The staff was friendly as always and the breakfast was good.
The elevators are another annoying item. When you enter the elevators you can't press the number of the floor you want to go to without entering your room key in a slot inside the elevator. So this is how it goes. you enter the elevator and you press the button and nothing happens. Then you remember to put the room key in the slot but you have to find the card first. In the mean time the elevator takes off, collect somebody of floor X, goes down again and only then you can enter your card and press the right floor again!

All in all, I will for sure visit lounge 24 again, but I will for sure not stay in the hotel as long as the rooms are in the state as they are.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Phil_Frederix,
thank you for your comment, we are in a process of full renovation of the hotel rooms and common areas, this process will take several months to be finalized, but the result should resolve the issues you just mentioned, never the less i would like to this opportunity to apologies for the inconvenienced you experienced and hope to welcome you in the near future to try our new great rooms!

slovenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

All in all we were very satisfied with a stay in this hotel where we spend 7 nights. View from our room in 22nd floor was fantastic, room was spacious and comfortable, bathroom as well. Each room has a Nespresso machine and a water heater with tea bags and coffee.

Room service twice a day – if you don't need it in the afternoon, the cleaning lady only brings you a small chocolate bar:) They also provide bottles (0,33 l) of free sparkling and still water.

Free wifi worked perfectly.

Breakfast was plentiful (fruits, serials, cheese, salami, hot buffet, pancakes …) but same everyday (same type of cheese, same type of salami, same fruits etc). It's excellent for a short business trip yet after 7 days we missed some change. I also missed some chocolate spread (i. e. Nutella or something similar).

Breakfast is served from 6:30 till 11:00 but if you have to leave early they offer »Grab'n'go« from 5:00 till 6:30. It basically means that they set some coffee, tea and serials bars next to the reception and you can take them instead of the breakfast.

Access from the airport to the hotel is very easy. Public bus Nr. 2 conveniently stops almost in front of the hotel and it only takes cca. 10 minutes (if there's no traffic) and costs less than bus 90K.

At the hotel reception, you can also find an airport check-in machine.

Since our departure flight was quite late in the afternoon they arranged a free late check out for us (they said the price depends on the number of expected guests).

A few things were a little unpractical – getting a twin room (beds were on wheels and could be joined together but with a »hole« in the middle) even though we told them upon booking we're coming to Tallinn for our wedding anniversary, weak shower pressure, too soft mattress and strange rough, kind of scratchy bed linen.

Room Tip: All rooms in 22nd floor (above are only conference rooms and a bar) are labeled "business"...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Gilles T, Manager at Radisson Blu Sky Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Pepca,
thank you for your kind comment and suggestions, i am currently investigating what went wrong regarding your booking request, regarding the nutella its unfortunate that you did not ask to our breakfast team, nutella is available upon request of our guests as per our Radisson standards.
On behalf of my team and myself we thank you for visiting the Radisson blu of Tallinn and hope to welcome you again in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Radisson Blu is located a few minutes walking away from the Walls and city centre. The rooms are not so big but definitely comfortable and clean. On the top floor (the 27th) there's the Sky Bar, one of the best bars in town: from there you can enjoy the most beautiful view over the Old Town. You can also go up there without being a guest, the prices are a bit higher than the average but it's definitely worth it; especially at sunset.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Gilles T, Direttore at Radisson Blu Sky Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear rivieramaya12,
thank you for your comment on behalf of the team and myself we are pleased to hear you have enjoyed your stay in the Radisson blu of Tallinn, we hope there will be other occasions to visit our Hotel and of course our beautiful city.

best regards

Been to Radisson Blu Sky Hotel? Share your experiences!