“good hotel with a friendly staff” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #7 of 84 Hotels in Tallinn
Helsinki, Finland
“good hotel with a friendly staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Radisson Blu is situated nicely near the shopping area in Tallinn. Also walking to old town is very easy even hotel is situated on the other side of town. Lobby area and restaurants are nice and clean. Rooms are clean and well equipped with trouser presses, iron, minibar, coffee and tea. Bathtub with shower. My room was at 15th floor ( rooms from 7-22 floor) and it had nice view. Hotel has a gym on 7th floor. Small room with few machines, door opens with roomkeycard. Not the cozyest place but ok machines. Hotel has also renovation on 7th floor ( workmed and dust all over). Hotel has a rooftop bar on deck 24. NIce place, unfortunately all tables had reserved sign so i could not stay ( even the place was almost empty). Breakfast was served on the lobyy level, tables were cleaned fast but on the buffet table many articles were finished and i had to tell the staff to get more food. Also during 2 morhing no one ever asked us if we would like to have coffee or tea. Cups and cutlery were ready on the tables which would suggest that coffee and tea would be served by staff. On the second day i found an espressomachine next to porridge and jam. On the first day i just made hot chocolate from the table where i found different kinds of teas. Food was otherwise ok. The staff was very friendly all around the hotel but not at the breakfast. The people at the reception desk came outside ( temp -8 centigrade) to make that people would not take a taxi from a company that was not reliable. That i would call good service. Also they were very helpfull with all small things that i asked from them. The cleaning staff was very friendly also and they always wished clients good morning and good evening, also helped with more toiletries and arranged a razor for me. They even arranged ice to my room from the machine ( which was next to the elevator). This was a very nice gesture to show that they really cared about the customers. As the weather was very snowy i would have needed a small mat to place the shoes on as the wintershoes always gather lots of snow in the soles and it is making the floors wet. When checking out we had the usual conversation of the minibar drinks and finally agreed that the missing drinks must have been drunk by the earlier tenants. ( with this hotel i have had the discussion few times before) But as said the staff is friendly and everything went fine.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Gilles T, Direttore at Radisson Blu Sky Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Atro,
thank you for your positive comments and suggestions. I hope to see you soon In the Radisson Blu Tallinn to verify that the minor points you have found were handled and resolved.

best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vantaa, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I was in Tallinn on a business trip and stayed in this hotel. Everything went well from start to finish. Really liked the room, very clean and good size. Location of the hotel was excellent for me. Will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dear JIL7,
on behalf of my team and I, I would like to thank you for your review! your opinion makes us be proud of what we do, in particular positive comments are marking that we are on the right way.

I hope to see you soon in Tallinn and in the Radisson Blu!
Warsaw, Warszawa, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I was visiting Tallinn for business trip. I’ve arrived on late Sunday’s evening. The room, that I was given, was very nice, clean and quiet - as I prefer. I’ve also felt recognized as Club Carlson member. The view from my room was very nice.
Restaurant, during breakfast, is busy, but personnel is doing a good job with cleaning and preparation of tables. They are also very helpful, always with smile on their faces 
If I would need to mention something that can be improved, it would be the quality of scrambled eggs: I hate scrambled eggs, when they are made from powder, not from a real eggs. Also some live cooking would be good.
But In overall, I’ve enjoyed the stay and I will stay again in this hotel, when I’ll arrive in Tallinn in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
TallinnGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Sky Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Piotr G,

Thank you for your review and such excellent feedback. I will take your points up with our Executive Chef regarding the quality of the scrambled eggs but I promise you that we never use the powdered substitute. I completely agree that this should not be used and there must be another reason for them not being to standard which we will act upon today.

I thank you sincerely on behalf of the entire team and hope to see you back in Tallinn in the near future.

With kind regards,

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I had a group here and everybody was satisfied, given the fact that all of them have been to many hotels around europe and some of them very picky! that was intersting for me,prices are reasonable, location is good, freindly and cooperative staff , large rooms and perfect view over city and so on. this hotel does not have a parking of its own.and if you have a car be careful if you park in front of the hotel and pay the toll otherwise you will get a ticket quicly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Hadisaidi,

Thank you so much for both choosing our hotel for your group and for taking the time to write a review.

We are delighted that you all enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future when your travels allow.

With best regards,

Islington, London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

A clean and central hotel.

Excellent breakfast and the staff were very helpful with all my questions.

Slightly more expensive than other hotels though and not sure if its really worth paying the extra. The rooms could do with sprucing up as well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
TallinnGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Sky Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Worldwidemark,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us at the Radisson Blu Hotel Tallinn.

I really appreciate all of your comments. Our rooms are scheduled for a total transformation with the first floors commencing already next week.

We hope to welcome you back to Tallinn in the near future to see this result.

With best regards,

Lichfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I love Radisson Blu hotels and this one must have some of the best views of Tallinn. Got offered an upgrade to the Executive floors and were both glad we accepted, up so high no need to close the curtains; at night we could lie in bed and watch the light come on in the old town. Food a bit of a problem for me as a Vegetarian, the breakfast was good but evening meal not so.

Room Tip: Go as high as you can
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
TallinnGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Sky Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear JoannLichfield,

Thank you for sharing your lovely comments with others and taking the time to write this review.

The views from our rooms are indeed stunning and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I will speak with our kitchen team regarding your suggestions to improve our vegetarian options and variety. I think it's a very good idea that we should develop some more choices and you will see this on your next visit.

On behalf of all of us here at the hotel, thank you for supporting our hotel and we hope to see you back in Tallinn in the near future.

With kind regards,

Helsinki, Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

The hotel itself is nicely located and the breakfast was good. But I was so not happy with the level of cleaning and the service. When we got into our room, we found out that the toilet hadn't been cleaned. The toilet was extremely dirty, dried urine and pubic hair all over the toilet seat. And of course dried faeces in the toilet bowl. DISGUSTING. The cleaning lady was cleaning the room next to ours so she came to clean it.

When we checked out and left the hotel I forgot my phone charger in our room. I called the reception as soon as I noticed it. They said it hadn't been brought to the reception but they'd ask the cleaning lady if she had seen it. They said they'd call me after a little while. No one called back me so I called them again. The charger had been found. They said I could get my charger back if I gave my credit card number so that they would charge me 20 euros and maybe more if sending it to Finland would cost even more. I sent the hotel an email a day later but never got an answer. It costs only a few euros to send a letter/small package to Finland so no, I would certainly not pay 20 euros for my own charger if I can get a new one for 19 euros.

Definitely not be returning this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Radisson Blu Sky Hotel? Share your experiences!