“Take it or leave it...” 3 of 5 stars

Book ahead on Viator
Top Rated
$20*
and up
Tallinn Shore Excursion: Tallinn Hop-on Hop-off...
Ranked #40 of 130 Attractions in Tallinn
Type: Arenas/ Stadiums/ Fields, Theaters & Stadiums
More attraction details
Owner description: Site where the All-Estonian Song Festivals have been held since 1928 along with concerts, festive ceremonies, exhibitions, open-air performances and other cultural events throughout the year.
Ockenheim, Germany
152 attraction reviews
“Take it or leave it...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We came here on a guided tour, and it was a good experience. I'm glad I saw it.

The question is, if I had planned the visit myself, would I have come here? Probably not, and I don't think I would have missed anything.

It was cool to see, but if it wasn't on the tour to begin with, I wouldn't have known that I missed it.

Visited June 2012

• Polish first
Helsinki, Southern Finland, Finland
“Excellent concert location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Went to see RHCP there and place was great. Service was perhaps a bit slow and wheather was a disaster but still it was a great place.

Visited July 2012
France
“Tallinn Tales”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

An important part of modern Estonia but not visually attractive or interesting. I would not choose to visit the site if it was optional.

Visited October 2012
new york
40 attraction reviews
“Unique Historical Significance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Our visit to the Song Grounds was unexpectedly moving and significant to us when we learned about the remarkable role of singing in the recent Baltic country independence movement. The Singing Revolution was a rare, peaceful event or series of events that led to the removal of Soviet Russian control from Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia in 1990-91. We learned of the major role played in Estonia by folk music, there being purportedly two million folk songs now documented, many from the original tradition, meaning at least one song per population member. We later saw the square in Vilnius, the starting location of the human singing chain that stretched to Estonia.

Visited October 2012
New Delhi, India
40 attraction reviews
“Hidden Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We were in for a total surprise when we came across this. I'm glad we took a tour including the outer parts of Tallin rather than just the old town (in our day trip). The history associated with this and the currently well maintained lawns with it's imposing stage was a sight we'll never forget. An absolute must do!!

Visited September 2012