“Tallinn Kayaking tour- nice time spent at the sea with great views and stories” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kayak Tour in Tallinn Bay

Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 47 activities in Tallinn
Tallinn, Estonia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

4 hour Tallinn kayaking tour enabled me to see Estonias capital Tallinn from new and different angle. Starting point was near Linnahall, a big old concrete buildig near harbour. I quickly found small strip of beach where guides and some other people were waiting by the kayaks.

I must mention that Tallinn kayaking tour was my very first experience with kayaking. So I was little bit unsure if my office worker limpy hands are suitable for such kind of trip, but I later learned it is perfect and invented for common city people like me so paddling took only medium physical effort. Introduction about safety, first tips about paddling and suitable gear were nice so I felt really comfortable. Double kayak meant that two people were paddling so once in a while one could take breaks and shoot pictures.

Guides told us interesting facts and stories and we made occasional stops to quietly swing on waves and enjoy Tallinn’s skyline. Historic side of the tour was impressive both in stories and views- big marine castle and many old ports made me feel that soon some pirate ship will pop out of somewhere. : )

I liked most the possibility to escape from crowded streets with still being in town and seeing the town. I least liked that I didn’t take anything to eat with me. So when on the half way of the trip we went ashore then others ate their goodies and I just drank my water. Fresh air always makes hungry so I should have taken something delicious with me. Besides being victim of my own stomach everything ran smoothly and surprisingly quickly- we were allready back in the starting point.

Visited July 2011