This review is about Meriton Old Town Garden Hotel, with entrance on Pikk and Lai streets. They have another property a few blocks away, so be careful when you book. It is a great place if you are on a budget, and just want a place to sleep at night. Stayed here for 3 nights in Jan 2013.
What I liked about the place:
- Location - just a 5 minute walk from the town square, and old Tallinn being a small city, the hotel is perfect for most attractions. Its also a 15 minute walk to the ferry terminal. Cab ride from the airport is around 10 euros.
- Breakfast - decent spread
- Staff - very helpful
- Character - yes, the place does have a unique character, it is almost like it's built into the old town wall. Some find it dingy (especially the corridors), but it's interesting.
- Rates - I traveled in winter, so it was low-season, but the rates were very low even for last minute booking, and hence the value for money was very high.
What I did not like:
- Single rooms are *very* tiny. Some of the previous reviewers have mentioned this already,
there is no space to move about, there is no space to keep your suitcase if it is a big one.
- Electricity outlets are not in convenient places
- Bathroom - again, very tiny. The washbasin is so tiny you can't even wash your face properly. probably like a foot wide! The shower area is also so small that the shower curtain keeps sticking to you when you shower. Just very inconvenient
Overall i would say a great pad for solo travelers. Not a great place for families with luggage or kids
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meriton Old Town Garden Hotel is located in the heart of the old town displaying true architectural wonder by transforming a 16th century merchant house into a stylish hotel. Connecting two of Old town's most famous picturesque boulevards, Lai and Pikk, the Meriton Old Town Garden Hotel brings the magic and mystery of medieval Tallinn to your doorstep. Offering 50 rooms, each completely unique in size and design, the Meriton Old Town Garden Hotel gives a perfect balance of historical authenticity and modern comfort. Room prices include breakfast. All of our guests have the privilege to use both the aqua and sauna center and gym in the Meriton Grand Conference & SPA hotel free of charge 07:00 -22:00. The hotel is accessible from both Pikk and Lai streets, elegantly connected by a charming garden. All of Old Town's main attractions, shops, galleries and sights are within walking distance from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Meriton Old Town Garden Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.