“Tasty Traditional Food” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #269 of 598 Restaurants in Tallinn
Cuisines: International, European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Maikrahv -A taste experience in a historical Town Hall Square arched cellar, together with candlelight and warm, friendly service! Welcome!
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Tasty Traditional Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Nice surroundings and excellent food with the accent firmly on the traditional. Value is ok, not cheap but we benefitted from a 50% food discount from the Chilli website!

We were a couple but also good for larger groups and family outings.

Definitely worth a visit :)

• Finnish first
Tampere, Finland
“Enjoy Authentic Estonian Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

To enjoy authentic Estonian food we visited Maikrahv.
I ordered mushroom soup (seenesupp, 9.70 euro) and Estonian grilled polk (Seapraad kapsaga, 17.95 euro). Both dishes took my fancy. My wife ordered pee soup (Hernesupp, 8.95 euro) and Estonian chiken fillet (Kanafilee, 15.95 euro). We shared these dishes with each other. If I am asked 'Do you like this chiken fillet?' To be honest, I would never say 'I like it.'

Space of the dining hall was so wide, but there were a few diners when we visited. So, I felt something lonley, but the service of this restaurant was very good.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Seljord, Norway
“Excellent steak!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Me and my girlfriend both had the beef steak and it was absolutely delicious! One of the best I've had. It came with grated potatoes which is THE best I've had. Steak was 25 euro. Amazing meal in a great atmosphere!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Norway
“Excellent restaurant at Town Hall Square”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Had dinner here in February 2013 and the chicken we ordered was excellent and it was served with varm vegetables too. The restaurant is in a nice cellar and our waiter was excellent. And I will come back for a meal, in my opinion this is the best restaurant at Town Hall Square.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Padua, Italy
“touristic but not too much”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Maikrahv is one of the many restaurants surrounding the Town Hall Square of Tallinn. It reminds the medieval times with the structure and the furniture of the dining rooms and the suits of the waiters. It offers a good choice of estonian food, based on soups, fish (salmon, herring), meat (reindeer, pork, lamb). Also international cusine is available, but I think it is better to forget about (I saw a platter of spaghetti....).

• Visited August 2012