“Victorious third visit to Mekk” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 599 Restaurants in Tallinn
Cuisines: European, Eastern European, Scandinavian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Doing business, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
“Victorious third visit to Mekk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I visited Mekk the third time last week. Firstly I need to mention that my first visit was good, secon very bad (I wrote a review here), but the third one now was very pleasant. Everything was fresh and tasty and the service very kind and supportive. Now I recommend others to visit this place again.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
TallinnHotels, Head chef at Restaurant MEKK, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear brimj,

Thank you for your post!

I remember your last post where you were not a 100% happy with your experience and I am very glad to see that you gave us another shot to make this up to you.

As always - you are welcome to return any time!

Best wishes,

• Finnish first
Seattle
“Fabulous gourmet food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We heard that this restaurant in the Savoy Hotel offered great food and like many restaurants in the Old Town offer a Lunch Special so you can eat for a lower price. It's fairly small and we did not have reservations but were able to go into the bar area and sit at a table and order off the menu. We had delicious herbed chicken breast served over a unique potato salad with small bits of potato and pickle with a minimal amount of sauce and some greens. It all tasted fantastic and they do a great job with the presentation. It was also very filling. The price was reasonable for what we got and in looking at the dinner menu, the lunch was much less expensive. Definitely worth a visit but you may want to make reservations.

Dear guest

Thank you for your opinion!

I am glad that you were pleased with all the important areas of any restaurant: the service, the price and the quality of the food, of course.

It is a great pleasure to hear those words from you and I hope we can meet sometimes here in MEKK so I can thank you personally.

“Blackcurrant icecream”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I just loved their selfmade blackcurrant icecream with strawberries. I think i'll order another one.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
TallinnHotels, Head chef at Restaurant MEKK, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear guest!

Thank you for your kind post!

I am pleased to read that you found the icecream delicious!

Cheers,
Stroud, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Modern Estonian cuisine at MEKK. We called in for lunch as the Lonely Planet guide recommended the excellent value lunch time mains. We were surprised how quiet the restaurant was. The reason became clear when we discovered that MEKK no longer offers a discounted lunch menu! Perhaps it proved to be too popular. During our meal, a couple came in and left quickly and another only ordered starters so we suspect they were expecting the same as us! Cost wise, MEKK is on the higher side with mains over 20 euros. We had starters of rabbit soup and pork belly; mains of pork belly and pikeperch (zander). The food was very nicely presented and extremely tasty.

MEKK is a gourmet restaurant to be savoured. Highly recommended for a lingering lunch or romantic dinner.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
TallinnHotels, Rene Uusmees at Restaurant MEKK, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Norcs,

Thank you for your comments!

Firstly, I am very happy that you enjoyed your experience here overall!

And secondly, about the lunch menu: you are correct, we did not have the lunch menu available in the summer for couple of reasons. It is initially meant for a quicker business lunch and for the summer season we try to come up with different varieties.

As of September, though, we have the lunch specials available again!

I am looking forward to have you here again to try the newly upgraded lunch menu!

London
“Nouvelle Estonian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Very classy indeed. If you're used to huge helping of pork knuckle as Estonian food, Mekk will come as a surprise. This a very up market home of fine dining, and very fine it was too! I had perfect, delicious, soft and velvety venison with celeriac mash, and loved every bit of it. It's great to find you can eat so well in Tallinn!

Visited August 2013
Dear Chris,

Thank you very much!

I am humbled to see you so pleased with Estonian food!
Your comment reveals exactly what we are thriving for in MEKK - the surprises of what Estonian food culture really holds within.

I cannot wait to have you here again and discuss this in person.