“A nice hotel in the center” 5 of 5 stars

von Stackelberg Hotel Tallinn
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Toompuiestee 23, Tallinn 10137, Estonia   |
Ranked #23 of 84 hotels in Tallinn
Moscow, Russia
“A nice hotel in the center”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

My friend and I were very glad we chose that hotel for our trip to Tallinn. It's location is perfect, just across the street from the old city. Rooms are clean and cosy, buffet breakfast is a great way to start your day. We were pleasantly surprised when they upgraded our room for free :)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

259 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Polish first
Moscow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

A very sensitive modernisation of one of one of the city's wealth of stunning old buildings.

It's quiet, softly lit with very helpful staff. Our Zen double room was elegant and very comfortable with a generous bathroom and great lighting.

Breakfast was among the best I'd experienced at a hotel for a long time. Tasty hot selection (i.e. English fry-ups) as well as meats, cheeses and fruits. Good coffee too.

Wifi is free and very fast and reliable; TV channel choices are minimal but fine.

The Zen treatments are exemplary (the massage and facials).

It's not the most-central hotel but given Tallinn is tiny, that doesn't matter. It's only a few minutes' walk across a park until you're in the spotless, sublime old city.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I chose this hotel as a over night spa get away as part of my Christmas holidays and it was just great. The Package included a room, private use of the spa sauna with Japanese pool, breakfast, one lunch and two treatments. Already before hand, the staff was very helpful with organizing all these program points according to my schedule.
When I arrived I was upgraded to a Delux room with own sauna which was the cherry on top of this stay. The location is good, a short walk away from the old town.
The hotel itself is very lovely decorated and has a beautiful flair. The room was clean and spacious and nicely decorated as well.
Staff was very friendly and helpful, both the breakfast and lunch were delicious.
The spa (Japanese pool and sauna) and the treatments were amazing - the perfect thing to get rid of the stress of a busy year.
The only minus points were that my room was facing the street which made it slightly noisy and that the water pressure of the shower was not that strong.Also connecting my own laptop to the internet was not as easy as expected but I was not there to work. These few points did not take away from the overall experience which was great - I cannot wait to book my next stay!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Helsinki, Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We wanted to spend the new year's eve in Tallinn, so I made a reservation to von Stackelberg already in November. I also paid the room (189 euros) in advance. When we (me, husband and daughter) got there on new year's eve, the reservations manager told us that the hotel is overbooked and they are going to transfer us to their sister hotel called Kreutzwald. So they put us to a taxi and we drove to a Kreutzwald, which was not so close the Tallinn Old City as Stackelberg, and the closesness of the Old City was the main reaseon why we chose the Stackelberg… NOT GOOD! The room which they first gave us in Kreutzberg was not cozy at all. It was cheap looking and gloomy. I called to reservations manager that we are very dissatisfied, so she arranged us a suite. I also asked for a free entry to Kreutzberg spa, and that’s what we got. In the end I think we got value for the money, but I am not at all happy for the way we were treated in von Stackelberg and in Kreutzwald. If I haven’t been so demanding, we would have spent the new year in that first gloomy room which was far away from being worth 189 euros!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Lexington, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed here a weekend in December. We emailed and requested a room facing the courtyard and when we arrived we were upgraded to a zen room (105). The room was great, and we slept very well and were not disturbed by any noise outside. The only complaint I have is that the bathroom walls are very thin, not much privacy, but everything else was great. The breakfast buffet was great and a huge spread of both cold and warm food (mostly cold, such as cookies, cakes, different break, cold cuts, herring, salmon, cheeses, vegetables etc.) and the coffee was strong and good. The restaurant area was downstairs and very cozy. I also have to praise the hotel staff, they were very friendly and helpful and when I emailed my room request prior to our trip they responded in hours (so did the spa staff when I booked our services).

The hotel is only about a 5 min walk from old town and it's about a 9 euro cab ride from the airport.

We also used the spa services for 90 min couples massage and it was wonderful. I highly recommend both the hotel and spa services.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in a triple room and it was absolutely excellent! The staff were so helpful and the room was to a high standard with enough space for 3 adults. Location is great, so close to the old town and attractions. Facilities at the hotel are great, it's finished to a really high standard and would definitely recommend the restaurant at the hotel - really tasty food. The spa was a great way to chill out after a busy day exploring.
Highly recommended to anyone wanting to explore the city!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Turku, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Hotel with good location close to old town. Friendly staff. Hotel was partly under renovation and one of our rooms were affected By early wake up By guys working outside our room between 7 and 8 in the Morning.

Looking nice inside and renovation done with good taste.

Breakfast was below par. Not so great selection. Most of the selection was not available during breakfast without waiting. Maybe they had too few persons working and in addtion to this the breakfast was way too small for hotel full of people and due to that some people were standing and waiting.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to von Stackelberg Hotel Tallinn? Share your experiences!