My mother and I was staying in apartment 3 in July, which was a pleasant experience. To make it short, I list pros and cons as below:
1. Location - Jõe street is right between passengers harbour and Old Town, the apt is in modern building on 6th foor, two quiet and spacious lifts.
2. It's a studio so don't expect much space, but it has all you may need - kitchenette with all utensils (even wok pan), little oven and fridge (if you're lucky you may find some food inside), big wardrobe with mirrors, towels, hairdryer, washing machine.
3. Decor is in modern style (mostly red and black as in the photos), there is double bed and a fold-out sofa which is perfect if you want to relax in front of TV ;)
4. Heated floor in the bathroom - irreplaceable when heating is off and your shoes get soaking wet in the rain ;)
5. Trouble-free contact with manager both on phone and mail, we saw him just once at check-in, at checkout we just left the keys in the letterbox downstairs.
6. Fast wifi, which unfortunately was working only on my mobile, not on laptop, but it was generally good.
7. Very quiet inside, even with open window only little traffic noise, which you will not experience during weekends and evenings.
8. The area around - clean and safe, 10mins on foot to the harbour, 5mins to big supermarket Rimi, 10 mins to the centre of the Old Town, Rottermani area nearby with fancy shops and restaurants
1. If you book less than 29 days before arrival, they require payment of the whole amount before you appear, no card payments, transfers only. You also need to pay a fee ("damage deposit") of 100€ in cash upon arrival, which you are given back on departure. It is good to read rental policy before booking
2. Cups, plates and cutlery seemed not to be cleaned for some time (sticky and dusty), but there is washing liquid and a sponge so you can help yourself.
3. The apt was generally clean, but there was dust in some places of minor use (like on TV, shelves of bookcase etc) so it seems like the studio was not cleaned precisely every time.
4. There was only one small window we were able to open, although windows cover the whole wall, so as the apt is facing west, during the day it used to get very hot inside.
Nothing is perfect, so isn't this place, but I can honestly recommend it when you need a good value accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have a good choice of superb apartments suitable both for the leisure and a business traveler. Short and medium term apartment rentals available for corporate accommodation too. ... more less