“Functional, clean and quiet” 3 of 5 stars

Strand Spa & Conference Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Tammsaare 35, Parnu 80010, Estonia   |
Ranked #31 of 49 Hotels in Parnu
London, United Kingdom
“Functional, clean and quiet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was here for a conference and in that respect all was functional, clean and quiet. The room was very basic (not a single picture on the walls) and the shower flooded the bathroom - wetroom style that just got too wet. The yellow paint felt a bit institutional. The decor elsewhere is dated and some of the public areas are quite dark but I found the staff efficient and the food good. I wouldn't book this hotel for a holiday - just too basic. It's a short walk from the beach (sandy) which wouldn't be ideal with kids and I was disappointed that I had to hire a bike if I wanted to get into town - I think guests should be allowed to borrow bikes free of charge; the walk took me about 25 minutes. Transfer to Tallinn by coach takes about 2 hours and the road is straight and flat. Didn't have time for the spa - can't comment.

Room Tip: Some rooms had balconies and faced the sea. The higher up the better the view over the trees.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I was a bit worried having read some of the reviews just before going to the Strand Hotel in Parnu. I could not fault the hotel. The people at the reception were pleasant and helpful. The room was nice and cleaned everyday and was quiet and bright. The Spa was excellent and was in it everyday and loved it. I had two treatments in the Welness centre and found them to be great value. The location was excellent - beside the beech and a stroll to the town - also discovered free bus every couple of hours which did a pick up at the vrious hotels.Hired bikes from hotel on two different days and they were lovely bikes and Parnu is a safe place to cycle. Breakfast was of a high standard and had variety. Loved our stay at this hotel and if I was going back to Parnu it would be the hotel for me.

Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Service: Service was really basic and little bit unpredictable, because there were situations, where my mother language was enough and when I had to speak English. However, I have nothing bad (nor good) to say about service. It was average in overall.

Value: I think the value was average, because the rooms were not cheap or overpriced. They were... Yes, average.

Sleep quality: you might hear some noise from the corridor or outside so I have to rate sleep quality as average.

Cleanliness: it was basic. Towels were changed every time, but bed sheets were not. However I think that cleanliness was very good. I mean, I have seen worse. :)

Location: I think that location was pretty good, because the Pärnu beach was near and town too.

Rooms: Average. Old tv, bad tv channels, but very good air condition. And also mini bar. Nothing fancy.

Spa: Pretty poor though there is pretty decent pool. Contains one bubble bath, two pools and steam sauna. And there was also traditional finnish Sauna also. Try the "stone chairs", they are warm!

Breakfast: Average buffet breakfast containing some Nordic food and also "english" food with bacon and eggs. I have to say, that I have seen better breakfasts in the another hotels.

Tip #1: Rent a bike! If you rent a bike, you can travel fast and cheap and you will see the whole town easily.

Tip #2: Go to the beach. It is beautiful.

Tip #3: There is small food store in the Karuselli 91. We said, that it is "cat-market" due their sign. Use it.

Tip #4: Swim! The biggest pool is pretty decent and after you have swam, you can go to the terrace to take some sun.

Tip #5: If you like minigolf, try it in the hotel.

Room Tip: Well, avoid first (ground) level rooms.
Stuttgart, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

The homepage states "Strand wears its **** mark proudly". For us it was not more than a 2-Star Hotel. We were very unfriendly advised by the "Wellness-Staff" not to enter the Wellness-Area as we were exactly 4 minutes to late. That is not an actitude I expect to see in my vacacions which I pay for.
The breakfast-buffet smells like hell of fish. The coffee is of poor quality as well. There is no smile from the restaurant staff and no good morning as I expect in a Hotel of this category.
As of its impressive orange color the bathroom in our room left the impression of a hospital. The whole bathroom was usually flooded after showering as there was no shower cubicle. Just a lousy curtain. The tv remote control was partly not working.

Helsinki, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Rooms were clean and standard. We had a small balcony which was also nice. Air-conditioning also worked well. We also got a baby bed from reception. Breakfast wasn't the best but better than average. There were all sorts of things available but some didn't have as good quality as other. Yet overall I was happy with the breakfast. We also tried out spa which has a nice outdoor area. The spa itself isn't anything fancy but if you have kinds it's fine if you don't want to go to the beach. Treatments were excellent but remember to book in advance!

Location is a bit far from the beach and from the city centre. We soon discovered it's not worth walking to downtown since taxis were very cheap.

The hotel was packed with Finns. That's the only language you'll hear. For a next time I'd look for a bit more central location.

Service level differed depending on the person. We got excellent service at times whereas other occasions not.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Helsinki, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Decent but overpriced hotel. We spent two nights with two adults and a small children. Small Spa and even smaller gym. Small but OK renovated room on the ground floor. Bath was 20 years old and we had some problems with the drain. We spent two nights and the cleaning was not very thorough and had to ask for missing towels after cleaning. Location was quite near the beach but quite far from the centre. This was OK for us because were with our own car and there was good parking facilities in front of the hotel. However, next time will choose a smaller hotel located in the centre.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We had a family-room with non functional ac-unit and lavatory floor-heating fixed to 11, i.e. swetty linens that is. I complained to reception where they offered us gratis minigolf tickets and werent able to do anything else. Food we had to wait prox. 1 hour, and it simply suck'd. Kids leftover fries eventually fed my belly. I would definitely not bother to consider this place for anyone.

Been to Strand Spa & Conference Hotel? Share your experiences!