“Look No Further Than Da Antonio!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Look No Further Than Da Antonio!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Working in Vilnius for a week without much time off I was delighted to find this restaurant during a walk around this charming City. A frequent visitor to Eastern Europe on work trips I am very accustomed to E. European food and by and large enjoy it. But what a real treat to find such an excellent Italian restaurant - I could have been in Rome..almost...
The cornmeal bread brought straight to the table with a flagon of deliciously fruity olive oil was completely delicious, the homemade pappardelle with a heavenly cherry tomato sauce was perfect, the pannacotta with raspberries was very good, but perhaps one degree too firm. The grilled lamb chops with al dente vegetables followed by a Tiramisu full of flavour yet light as a feather [which helped me feel slightly less guilty about having a desert...] were all excellent.
I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a well served, wonderful meal.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Polish first
Littleton
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good, but pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

The food was quite good and the service was excellent, but I thought everything on the menu was overpriced.

Visited August 2013
Marietta, Georgia
“Great Italian restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We were staying at the Novotel Hotel. We left the hotel by exiting left then going to the first street and turning left. There were a number of restaurants/bars/cafes with outdoor seating. We went past and came upon da Antonio. The place had no customers but it was early about 1900 hours. The atmosphere is elegant, the staff friendly, the service was quick, and, most importantly, the food was excellent. My wife had spinach ravioli and I had finocchi with parma ham and ricotta cheese. I am not normally a fan of Italian food but we both agreed the taste and presentation was excellent. She had a glass if wine and I had a large beer. The bill was 84 litas ( US$32). Interestingly we talked with our server and she said the chef was Lithuanian-Russian, not Italian! But he sure brews up an excellent meal. Highly recommended.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vilnius
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Maybe I was dining in a wrong time?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This is probably Italian restaurant, but I expected more. The first impression was good. Clean tables and cups. The servce was good. But the dishes were too poor for me. I had the feeling that all these dishes I can do by myself at home. Carpaccio meat was good, but souce and rucola on it seemed to be from supermarket that I use at home. Slightly fried goat cheese was too simply and boring, because the same cheese I can buy at supermarket Rimi and I know the regular price of it. The meat was too dry and not worth the price. I don't know, but after my visit of Italian restaurant in Manhattan I expected more from Da Antonio. Maybe I choose wrong dishes????

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Klaipeda, Lithuania
“GREAT DINNER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

I took the Home made Fettuccine with Porcini followed by a superb Veal cooked with Almonds. Green ape sorbetto and real Espresso!
Just Perfect!!!