“Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 89 Hotels in Vilnius
Eton
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed spending 4 nights at the Kempinski. The room (307) was very clean, had a lovely bathroom and a nice view of the cathedral. The gym, pool and spa area were all nice. The service at breakfast and dinner was varied - often I had to ask for things several times or found the service intrusive. I strongly recommend the restaurant Boff which is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
Justina K, PR Coordinator at Kempinski Hotel Cathedral Square, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments on TripAdvisor.
We appreciate your constructive comments regarding breakfast service, as it will help us to improve our facilities.

We hope to welcome you back to Kempinski Hotel Cathedral Square, and look forward to providing you with personalised attention during your next visit.

Your Kempinski Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Carshalton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Just spent the last week at this Hotel and would highly recommend it. Rooms outstanding, location outstanding. Just 7km from the Airport on the edge of The Old Town. Over looked by the Cathedral. Staff speak English and are very professional with the service they give. "The Lady in Red" is very helpful.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Hotel Kempinski Cathedral Square during your stay in Vilnius.
We appreciate your kind feedback about the attentiveness of our staff. Your comments were well- received and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Your Kempinski Team
Moscow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Everyone in Vilnius said that we had chosen the best hotel in the city. And I can agree with them. Beautiful building, perfect location, nice rooms and bathroom and very comfy beds. I highly recommend the hotel restaurant with tasty food and great service. The waiters were extremely helpful and caring. The hotel provides all the guest with free WiFi and the breakfast was included in the rate. The quality of food is good, but the variety of it is not so big.

The only negative moment was the absence of the hot water in our room (344). They said it was a problem in our part of the hotel building. We had to wait for 5-10 minutes until the ice-cold water warmed up. Sometimes we had to take a shower with slightly warm water. It wasn't so bad but we didn't feel that the hotel employees were all that willing to help us. We had to ask twice to get an answer from them about the water situation. Maybe they were more concerned with their VIP guests - a very famous music band stayed at the hotel at the same time as us. So this minor inconvenience spoiled our good impression of this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Justina K, PR Coordinator at Kempinski Hotel Cathedral Square, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor. It was a pleasure to learn that you truly enjoyed our restaurant and the attentiveness of our staff. Many thanks for your positive words on our hotel location and rooms.

We are very sorry to learn from your comments, however, that your experience is most certainly not representative of the usually high standards we strive for in both our product and services we deliver.

​We have definitely taken your constructive feedback in regards to how the situation was handled to make sure that we improve for the future, and not have a repetition of such situation. ​

There is a continuous effort on our side to improve our services and we are grateful for your comments. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconveniences caused. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again at our hotel and would like to assure you of our best personal attention to your future stays at Kempinski Hotel Cathedral Square.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed a weekend for a romantic getaway. We enjoyed the great spa for several hours. When we arrived we experienced great and outstanding service. The suite had a big nice bed, large living room and two bathrooms. The hotel is new and everything is clean and fresh.

The breakfast was large and had a great variety – also crispy bacon. The spa area had a nice swimming pool and sauna, but most of all we enjoyed the 3 hours pampering and massage.

Vilnius town is a bit boring, but the hotel is highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you that you have chosen our hotel for your Vilnius stay and thank you for your praise on our hotel, its facilities, as well as the service and friendliness provided by our staff. Thank you very much for your positive words on our breakfast buffet and Kempinski The Spa.We are very much looking forward to welcoming you at the Kempinski Hotel Cathedral Square soon.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This hotel is an outstanding choice and a classic 5 stay hotel. Lobby is gorgeous. The spa is outstanding and lavish. Upon arrival you get the plush feel when you step off the elevator to the room it smells so fresh and clean and only improves with the woodwork and finishes in the rooms, hallways, marble galore in the bathrooms, bedding is excellent, noise level non-existant. The rooms and hallways are an example of what a 5 star hotel should look and smell like. Vilnius is an underrated special city and this hotel is in a perfect location. The price on this room per night is a steal in the summer high season...you would pay 3-4 times this amount for another facility in another city. I thought the breakfast is very peaceful and they need to upgrade the selections slightly to make it outstanding. Have had nicer selections for a breakfast buffet in 5 star hotels (nothing is perfect in this world) , but who really cares taking into consideration the overall package here that delivers big time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Justina K, PR Coordinator at Kempinski Hotel Cathedral Square, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for the time you spent on TripAdvisor. We are grateful to learn from your comments that you enjoyed your stay at Kempinski Hotel Cathedral Square in Vilnius and had a good overall impression of the hotel. Thank you very much for your kind words on our hotel, its rooms and its location. Your comments on the breakfast buffet were well received by our Executive Chef‘s team and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to the Kempinski Hotel Cathedral Square soon.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I do not usually write reviews but I just had to for this hotel. I first visited Kempinski Vilnius in June 2013 and was very well looked after by all members of staff that I came back in July 2013 for 2 weeks.

I booked the hotels own transfer from Vilnius Airport and was taken care of by a concierge member of staff called Sergei, who was very approachable, lovely and kind. I would recommend using the transfer as it can be quite difficult to order a taxi when you are not Lithuanian. Check-in was quick and the reception staff who checked me in were very helpful and polite (Viktoras and Akvilė). I stayed in a deluxe room for the 2 weeks and it met my needs fully. Housekeeping were always on hand to help and my room was always attended to which included a turndown service. The beds are very comfortable and many amenities are provided by the hotel for guests to use. As it was quite hot outside, I never felt the heat inside because the rooms are very well air conditioned.

At the beginning of my stay, I was quite unwell and was looked after by all members of staff at the hotel. I must say, that everyone, and literally everyone (from the reception, bar, restaurant, concierge, housekeeping, spa and the managers) was extremely kind in helping to make my stay very comfortable at all times during the two weeks. A few of my friends who visited me at the hotel, could not believe how nice all members of the staff were to me and this really goes to show that their customer service levels are outstanding and that they are always on hand to help.

Breakfast and dinner was in the Telegrafas Restaurant. Dinner was always amazing and there is a lot of choice at breakfast. I usually ordered something separately (and the kitchen was happy to make it when possible) than what was offered as I had been staying there for a while and so didn't want to eat cooked breakfast everyday. Majority of the time for snacks and lunch, I ordered from the bar menu. Again a lot of choice and very tasty. The staff are very friendly (most notably Eglė, Lina, Artūras and Jonas) and were able to make excellent alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks and suggested delicious items off the menu (my favourite was the club sandwich and the chocolate fondant!). The F&B manager Philip was always there to help if there were any problems and again made sure that I was happy with my food and drinks!

The spa has good facilities and a wide range of treatments. My favourite is the manicure of which I have had done many times by Agnė, she is simply amazing. I also tried some of the other treatments such as the signature treatment which includes a body scrub, hot stone massage and facial. Zivilė who conducted my treatment was extremely professional and made me feel at ease. It is definitely worth having the treatments and the staff treat you very well. The spa manager Dovilė was extremely flexible in the treatments offered and was very helpful when choosing them; I was able to have a tailor-made treatment package which was great. The spa areas were kept very clean and tidy and all the facilities such as the jacuzzi, sauna, steam room were always working.

I also found the concierge and porters to be very helpful (Sergei, Artūr, Lešek and Paulius). They were always on hand to help with any queries and were able to provide transportation around Vilnius as the hotel car can be hired. When I was sick, one of the porters, Mantas offered to help me buy medication from a pharmacy nearby, this is how helpful they are!

The hotel was constantly busy with many business meetings throughout my stay. However this did not affect the service provided by the hotel at all and there always was an ambience of calm, even when the hotel was fully booked. The General Manager Mr Attard, was very kind enough to make sure that I had a comfortable stay and again was always available to help whenever possible; I really must thank him because when I had encountered a problem during my stay, he did his best to make sure that my problem was sorted quickly and efficiently. Thank you!

Every member of the reception team provided excellent customer service. Again, at times when I really needed help and specifically two circumstances that came up during my trip, Tadas and Tomas were exceptional in going out of their way to help me at the front desk.

I cannot state how amazing the hotel and the staff really are here, and as a result of everyone making my stay truly exceptional, I have booked to go back for another week at the end of August. I very much look forward to visiting Vilnius, my friends and staying at the Kempinski Vilnius Hotel again. Thank you so much everyone! You made my stay in Lithuania truly majestic :))

Room Tip: All the rooms are very well facilitated and they have many choices so it depends on what you are loo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Many thanks for your powerful and very positive comments on our hotel. We were very happy to read your positive comment, and we are glad that we could contribute to making your trip to Vilnius a great experience and exceed your expectations. Your compliments mean a lot to us. It was a true pleasure to learn from your comments that you valued the excellent quality and attentiveness provided by our staff. Thank you very much for your words of appreciation, they have been very well received and we are especially grateful to read that you truly valued the service you received from all our team members. It was a pleasure for us to assist you in any matter and please count on our team to assist you during your next stay in Vilnius too. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon and would like to assure you that you will always receive our best personal attention at Kempinski Hotel Cathedral Square.
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

While both rooms our family had were spacious, clean and well equipped, the one on the top floor with a grand view of the Cathedral Square was exceptional. It is a large hotel, but the staff go to great lengths to provide personalized service. The gym was minimal in size, but had fully updated and functional equipment. When touring the Old Town of Vilnius, this hotel is a great starting point. Our breakfast was included, and offered a very stylish presentation of a good variety of appetizing food.

The friendly bar staff provided good advice on the choice of wine, but the bar itself lacks ambiance. This is surprising for a hotel that obviously pays so much attention to perfection of detail. But this is a minor issue, and don't let that deter you from trying this hotel that deserves its high praise from previous reviewers.

Room Tip: Get one on the top floor facing the Cathedral Square. You will sacrifice the enormous shower cabin o...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your Vilnius stay and thank you for your praise of our hotel, its location, its facilities, and the service and friendliness of the staff. Please count on our team to assist you again during your next stay in Vilnius at Kempinski Hotel Cathedral Square.

Been to Kempinski Hotel Cathedral Square? Share your experiences!