“Not the most modern but totally satisfactory” 4 of 5 stars

Congress
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Vilniaus str. 2/15, Vilnius 2001, Lithuania   |
Ranked #18 of 89 Hotels in Vilnius
Tallinn
“Not the most modern but totally satisfactory”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I planned my business trip and searched for hotel in the city centre up to 100EUR per night. Final decision to stay in congress was made only by the suggestion of colleague who already has booked a room there. Interesting that in my searches before Congress wasn't on top list.
Booking - cheapest price I found from hotelsclick but as the difference with hotel homepage booking engine wasn't big I preferred hotel's homepage. Quickly got response e-mail that my reservation number is XX and I have to wait confirmation from hotel side. So it's not totally online booking system there. Next day they sent confirmation to me where the price was higher than on homepage but this was corrected quickly. I just think that nowadays online booking system should be must.
Location - was totally fine. Walked to old city for dinner about 10minutes. By taxi from airport was 35LVL. I think that taxidriver cheated cause he constantly played with taximeter and on the other day the trip back to airport costed 25LVL.
Room - it was nothing special but fine enough (see my pictures). There are some old elements in bathroom what should be upgraded. Bed was comfy. There was minibar what I didn't use. Actually I asked to bring iron to my room at that was done by very friendly young guy. Service was prompt.
Best thing was that only my room had balcony facing the river. On the same floor I didn't notice any other balconies. So if you need twin room, ask for room no. 414.
Actually rooms were ok but I can't give 4 or 5 stars because just few weeks ago I stayed at Hilton and this was way higher level.
Facilities - actually I only stayed there at the night and I even don't know what they have to offer. In the elevator I saw that there was gym and sauna but I haven't time to test them.
Wifi was free of charge, you only had to ask the code from reception.
Breakfast - I ate breakfast 2 times and it was really delicious. Good thing was that in these 2 mornings there were different things what they offered. Especially good were cold salmon peaces (actually one day they were too salty).
Staff - young girls and guys were very friendly and helpful. They called for taxis and let us keep our luggage in their luggage room before official check-in.

So as the hotel wasn't too modern I most probably will stay there next time also. May-be it's because of breakfast :)

Room Tip: For twin room do ask for 414. Just then you will get also balcony (see my pictures)
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Robertas K, Front Office Manager at Congress, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Dante007,
Thank you for your time reviewing hotel Congress on Trip Advisor. Your remarks are very important to improve our service and we pay attention to that. Thank you one more time.
We hope to see you back in our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Polish first
warrington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Three couples and have just had 4 nights at this hotel and fully enjoyed our stay. Well situated for the tourist attractions, bars and restaurants. Staff were all very pleasant and helpful. Rooms were very clean and comfortable with free wifi and good A/C which was needed as our room was on the front and it is on a main road and noisy at night with the patio door open. Excellent breakfast included in the price and a very reasonably priced menu for evening meal. They do cater for coach tour parties but this never bothered us as we didn't go down for breakfast till after 8.30 by which time they had all gone. We all thoroughly enjoyed our stay and recommend it especiallyfor the price we paid.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Frances B.,
Thank you for sharing your impressions about our hotel. We are pleased that your stay was comfortable and our service justified your expectations. We hope to welcome you in our hotel once again!
Regards from Congress hotel, Vilnius
Wakefield, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

We spent 3 nights at the Congress and we loved it. The location was great. It was about a 10 minute walk to the Vilnius Cathedral and it is right on the river. The room was nice, but it was just an average room. Breakfast is included and also free parking. Breakfast was excellent with lots of choices. The staff is quite friendly and yes there is an elevator. This is a hotel where tours stay so there were always lots of people around at breakfast and in the lobby. I would stay here again in a minute so I certainly recommend it.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kielce
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Hotel Congress is located in the center of Vilnius. This is ideal hotel if you want to see city. Hotel have private & free parking. Staff is very nice and helpful. Room was quite big. In the hotel very fast Internet (40 Mbit/s) we have room with balcony and with view to the river - so nice! Breakfats very nice - everyone find something to eat. It would be nice if the breakfast lifting regional products

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip. I was most impressed by the hotel in general and the English as spoken by the staff Price was fine with me, but I do admit to having a business related discount which made it a good good price. Pus I really only slept and had breakfast there, so I was hardly in the hotel. It is well situated on the edge of the old time near the river. For us it was a perfect location
My room was clean - which to me is one of the main things I insist on in any hotel. As said staff was friendly and spoke English at a level which was convenient. The bathroom was excellent and roomy. There is airco, but that is one of those noisy units Still it made the room cool enough at night for which I was grateful.
Drawbacks there are a few. - the busy road in front, so the window has to remain closed because of the noise. Wifi code gets changed weekly, but they fail to tell you that until you start to ask the questions. The TV has a good range of channels except that all channels froze one by one until I only had Discovery Channel left.
Then the biggest issue. The breakfast room and busloads. The first morning we arrived at 7.30 and the room was full with a busload of Germans and a busload of Belgians still awaiting their turn. As we had to attend a meeting not that much later we just took some food from the buffet and sat in the lobby. Clearly this restaurant was not well suited for multiple busloads of people needing breakfast early due to departure time and most certainly not for other guests at times like that. The next few days were fine as the busload people had left the hotel and we had a nice, hearty peaceful breakfast at 7.

All in all not bad for a short stay but they really need to review their policy for busloads and breakfast when they arrive.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Riga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

NIce hotel just opposite Opera house, well equipped with minor deficiences (could be more power socjts nad shower curtain). Friendly staff. Reasonable price even on these days other hotels have very high prices. Used also before for business as well as for visiting Vilnius opera.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Oberrodenbach, Hessen, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I was in the Congress Hotel in Vilnius for a business-trip, it was OK but too expensive. I was there in April and payed 77€ this is too much in my opinion, in march it was only 50€ this was a good price. But more detailed to the hotel, it is clean and partly renovated. You have a new led tv and in my room a new bathroom, but the rest of my room was quite old and need a bit refurbishment. Furthermore the stuff is very kind and helpful and some of the rooms have a balcony.The walls were quite thin, so I can hear the neighbours room quite well, for people who have problems with noise environments while they sleep this is not that good. You have a lot different things and choices for breakfast but in my opinion, the quality was average. All in all it was clean and OK for a business-trip. A really good thing is the short way to the center of Vilnius, you need only a 5 mins walk to this lovely, old and very clean center of the city. The City of Vilnius is one of the loveliest I've ever been. So as a summary I could say, please make a trip to Vilnius, you will enjoy it but may you have a look for another hotel, there are at least three of the big hotel-chains around the center and I bet you will find a cheaper and nicer one.

Room Tip: When you are a smoker, ask for a room with balcony
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business