“Bedbugs and business” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 89 Hotels in Vilnius
Oslo, Norway
“Bedbugs and business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

Perfect for weekend breaks or business occasions. Ordered a Business Class room and it was very nice. Started itching after one night and it stayed for weeks ... However, apart from that I am satisfied. I guess I was unlucky, because my colegues were fine.

• Stayed October 2011
HotelLietuvaVilnius, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Dear SeatBelt_review,

Thank you for taking the time to write with your feedback on your stay.

Please accept my sympathy for itching inconvenience and believe me there are plenty of other reasons for this. Nevertheless , our housekeeping operates with strict supervision and a high level of training to ensure standards and I can assure you spotless rooms are a high priority.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

general manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bratislava, Slovakia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

When you hear Radissom you expect something, this is not my first stay in a hotel of this chane and I can comapre. Simply said for the money they are charging there are far more better hotels in Vilnius. The pluse is the location which is on the river bank and 8 min walk from the historical city center. A shopping mall is just across the street and the view from the hotel is very nice. The minuses which I consider beeing for this type of hotel unaccceptable - hallways are outdated and look shabby, size of the standard romm is small, you can here the neighbours, the bathroom in the standard room is not having a bath just a bath corner with plastic doors and shabby looking tiles. The gym is not having a fuctioning running belt so if you want to excercise wish for good weather. The other plus is the breakfast which is OK and the sky bar on the 22nd floor. All in all more a 3 star hotel

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Iva82,

thank you for reviewing our property on the TripAdvisor.

I’m disappointed to read that there were some product and service issues during your stay and would like to assure you that I will be looking into these personally for you. If you would like to discuss anything in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me by email: kestutis.kazlauskas@radissonblu.com .

I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Good hotel, spacious room, nice views,nice bathroom, good selection of tv programs, nice breakfast, nice staff.
Although the information given talks about " walking distance from the city center" , it takes half an hour to get to the historic center.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Seernal,

thank you for your review on the Tripadvisor.I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel product and service.

However, judgement of the walking distance is very individual - I reached Gedimino avenue in 10 minutes easily myself. So please , enjoy walking in a beautiful Vilnius streets.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Myself and 9 colleagues stayed at the Radisson Lietuva in early June 2012. I have to say that the hotel was excellent, from the helpful staff to the lovely breakfast and the added touches like the heated floors in the bathrooms.
I would definitely recommend the Radisson for your accommodation in Vilnius and that is speaking as an impatial point of view and someone who stays in a lot of hotels worldwide.
Thanks to all at the Radisson! Worth every penny.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
HotelLietuvaVilnius, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Dear Andrew P,

thank you for finding some time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted with your positive stay experience and overall evaluation.

Hope to see you back in Vilnius soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a business trip. Chose hotel as deemed better than beast western nearby. Nice reception which is a good area to work from. Free wifi throughout. Rooms are tired and drab with dark colours. Very noisy and on 15th floor could still hear the road, this was a 'quiet room' so I dread to think what a normal room what be! Good showers and nice toiletries. Food for lunch was varied and well signed. Gym is airless and dingy so I ran along river. Hotel can tell you where to go lots of broken glass along the way. At night a lot of gangs hang about near the bars and strip clubs opposite. If you don't know Vilnius this is not unusual! Overall Fine for a quick stop over. Too far out for weekend or longer trip. Inoffensive and good value.

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Sazlward,

thank you for the feedback.

I was glad to read that you find our hotel reception and wifi to be very good.

I am sorry that you found your room to be tired and noisy. We do have some different size rooms and these are available upon check-in for a minimum additional fee. We also encourage our guests to contact our front desk directly if they are not 100% satisfied with their stay and will always ensure that every guest will enjoy their stay. My apologies if you were not informed about these possibilites during your stay or upon check-in.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and I am looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Gottingen, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I arrived on January the 4th one day before my birthday. It was my thrid stay within 365 days. I have booked a business class room via a German wholesaler. Before my arrival I have asked for a type of room I have been many times before already. However they cannot guarantee this and it's okay. Arriving early at the checkin it seemed that no one took care of this and it took several minutes to discuss and asking if they want to spoil my birthday until there suddenly appeared a room like I wanted and which is normally covered by the booking. I wonder if it was because not booking at the hotel directly. The service however was good and not really something to complain about. The Riverside-restaurant always offers good stuff to eat and I haven't been disappointed to go there again. Don't forget to visit the Sky-Bar. The cocktails and the view are simply great. The choice at the breakfast is what I would call "Baltic". However the quality is good. And also on my birthday the receptionist from the day of checkin didn't forget to tell me her best wishes. I would certainly come again but next time I would appreciate if they would take more care of guest wishes, especially when they know in advance his or her birthday.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear SugarLouie,

We are very happy you were able to stay with us recently and appreciate your lovely comments regarding your stay.

We do value all feedback from our guests, both positive and negative, as this is the only way to ensure we continue to grow and evolve as a business.

I am sorry for the shortcomings which you feel that you experienced during your stay with us. We had a meeting with our front office team and I want to ensure you that we'll find a right type of the room during your next visit.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel again.

Sincerely yours,
Vienna, Austria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I have stayed at least three times now at this property. I have had mixed experiences there and the last one I had has forced me to write a review. So let's start with the positives:

+ Fantastic Skybar on 22nd floor
+ Room service menu is not too expensive and service is prompt and efficient
+ "Business Class" rooms are junior suites with separate living room and two bathrooms
+ Free breakfast in room service available for these rooms
+ Free and fast internet throughout the hotel

And now the negatives in general and the a specific incident

- Breakfast in restaurant is very average
- The hotel is a brisk 30 minute walk to the Old Town so you have to pay approx. $15 roundtrip in the taxi if you don't want to walk.
- Rooms are a little out of date. Bathrooms have tiling and old fitments - no marble etc...

Specific incident:
I left my room at 7am - took off the do not disturb sign but by the time I returned at 4pm, the room was still left uncleaned! I complained to the duty manager who said "we're very busy" and I pointed out to her that I had an expensive room and I have Gold Elite status with Radisson so the cleaners should deal with my room first before other rooms. Eventually she didn't charge me for one night at the hotel. A blessing I guess!

Overall, a decent price/quality ratio. Staff are generally friendly and unobtrusive.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Ravenna2006,

I would like to thank you for staying with us at Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva, and for taking the effort and time to write your review.

We have a fantastic facilities here at our premises and I am happy you could enjoy some of them. However I regret to read that you were disappointed with your accommodation on this occasion, I would like to offer my sincere apologies. If you would like to contact me directly to discuss the issues you experienced I would be happy to go through things with you.

Thank you for a positive overall evaluation.It would be my honour to welcome you back to our property, hopefully in the not too distant future.

general manager

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva? Share your experiences!