“Good stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 89 Hotels in Vilnius
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We had room 2011, which was across the courtyard from the reception. It was a standard 2 bedroom. The living area was about 180 SF, with a 120 SF bathroom, a very good size. The furniture was basic, well-kept, as was the room.

We have been in many hotels in Europe, and I always said that whoever designed the shower never took one in it. This bathroom had a separate bath and shower, which was the first intelligently designed one we have had, as it was able to close the door such that minimal water would get on the floor. It was easy to get in and out.

The hotel, or Residence, looked new and clean. Service was excellent. Our room was quiet.

While it looked like it was out of town, it was easy walking to the center, with a good map and good planning.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Reda D, Front Office Manager at Mabre Residence Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Jed3,

Thank you very much for your nice review!
It is great that you liked the property place in the heart of the old town , room design and especially the bathroom. Small details are always important.
Thank you for your good words about our excellent service.

I hope to see you again as a very special guest of ours !

Front office manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Polish first
Alesund, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

We loved everything about Vilnius, the architecture, the weather, the people....and we had a great stay at Mabre Residence. The rooms were a great size, the staff very helpful, and the steak house attached to the hotel served fabulous steak. The pool is much smaller than it appears on the booking.com pictures, but on the plus side you get to rent it privately which was really fun. Location was perfect on the edge of the old town and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
Reda D, Front Office Manager at Mabre Residence Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Rewiever,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking time to write a review. I am very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your room, property location and our steakhouse service. Thank you very much for rating our staff very helpful, it is very important for our service.
We look forward to welcome you back to our fabulous city and Mabre Residence hotel !

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

This hotel is in a great setting, very central and has a nice private inner courtyard. The rooms are comfortable and quite large. It also is pretty reasonable value wise. The steak house where you also have breakfast is very acceptable

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Reda D, Front Office Manager at Mabre Residence Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Alice,

Thank you very much for your excellent feedback.
We are so delighted to hear that you had a great stay at Mabre Residence.
It is very important for all our staff !
Hope to see you at out hotel again ! If you will need any assistance please do not hesitate to contact us!

NL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We booked 3 rooms, on the first night we were given two rooms as we had requested, the third not really up to the expected standard . The hotel was full that night, however the next morning this was rectified in a very accomodating manner & the error more than compensated for . The staff were all most helpful throughout our stay .
Lovely courtyard , great location & good breakfast .
I would happily return to this hotel .

Room Tip: Request a room with a courtyard view on the first or second floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Reda D, Front Office Manager at Mabre Residence Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your stay and fabulous feedback !
It is very nice to hear that you enjoyed our lovely courtyard , central location, excellent staff service and breakfast.
And thank you for understanding regarding the third room.

Hope to see you again in a near future at our hotel !

Sarpsborg, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I stayed at the Mabre Residence for a weekend in March 2013, travelling with collegues. I made my reservation in August 2012, and reserved a deluxe room. The reason for this was that I was travelling with a friend, and we needed to make sure that the room was big enough for a third friend. But the day before our weekend getaway both of my roommates fell sick, and I stayed alone (other collegues had their own rooms, we were six people travelling).

The reason why I'm writing this is that because of a mix up between the website I made my reservation through and the hotel, I didn't get my deluxe room right away. I got a standard room, which was comfortable enough, but I wasn't happy with that since I had reserved a deluxe one. The price I payed in August was the same one the website charged for several weekends after my stay in the category room I wanted. Still, the reception clerks insisted I reserved a standard room... The price I payed was also higher then the rest of my collegues had payed, for their standard rooms, and they made their reservations at the same time I did. I had to spend a lot of time in the reception, making my case and trying to explain, but I felt my arguments was not heard. The hotel has about 40 rooms, and at the time I would estimate that about 30 of them was available. Still, they wouldn't make me happy and satisfied by giving me what I paid for. I often got the feeling we didn't understand eachother as well, and I suspect that the people working in the reception only know the English they need to check guests in and out... I never saw one single smile on anyones faces either, except when they rolled their eyes at me and laughed mockingly. I'm really appalled about the way they handle their guests. Another one of my travelling companiens got to experience that the hotel couldn't find her reservation, and when they did after some minutes, they didn't know what type of room she had booked. A third one also had to inform the clerk of room category. I think that kind of says it all, when keeping in mind my experience as well.... When their bookingsystem clearly isn't waterproof, I still don't get why they chose to be so difficult about my reservation... I only wanted what I reserved and payed for, nothing more, nothing less...

With this said, I got my deluxe room on Sunday morning (stayed at the hotel from Friday to Monday morning), and enjoyed it very much. Even though I believe I only got it because they grew tired of me.... Not because I had payed for it... Next time I will make sure the website specifies exactly what category room I've booked, as they normally do, this is one of the handful times I've experienced that they haven't done it, but it is also the only time that it has been a probem. And I have spent somewhere between 50-70 nights in hotels per year the last 5-6 years...

The onsite restaurant has a great variety of breakfast, lunch and dinner offers at VERY reasonable prices. Even if you don't stay at the hotel, I recommend a visit to the restaurant. Great food, low prices and full plates. In addition to smiling and welcoming staff, with a great sense of humour.

The rooms, I've seen about five of them, are very clean and comfortable, but everyone of them had either dark or missing light bulbs for some reason... In one room four out of five of the ceiling lights were dark. I wonder how housekeeping could've missed that... They were not changed upon request either... Still, the rooms are large and have everything you need, included flatscreen tv's, coffeemakers, water heaters (coffe and tea, off course), a mini bar/refridgerator, etc. In addition, most rooms had a fresh flower in the bathroom, a nice touch!

We didn't try it, but the property also has its own spa and fitness center. There are also parking opportunities.

In addition, everything you'd want to see in Vilnius is within walking distance. The property is in the old town, and of the regular sights tourists want to see, the farthest is about a 25 minute walk away. And on the way you get to walk through charming streets. Loved it!

I would, despite the poor service in the reception, absolutely stay here again, but def make sure my reservation states room category clearly. If it doesn't, I will have the website confirm it before I go.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Reda D, Front Office Manager at Mabre Residence Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Ms. Ina,

Thank you for your time writing a review. Your comments are very important to improve our service!
I am sorry to hear that you have booked a luxury room and had paid for that at the third channel as we have received the reservation for the standard room. Unfortunately first two nights we did not had possibility to upgrade you as all our luxury rooms where occupied and the agency has guaranteed us that the there is a standard room booked for you. But it is great that we found a possibility to change a room to the luxury one for your last night stay free of charge. Im a glad to hear that you have enjoyed it .
Thank you for your great comments about the breakfast and restaurant services as well as our lovely property location in the hard of the old town. We will try to work harder on the reception staff training.
Hope you will choose our hotel for your next visit in Vilnius. You can write me directly at reda.d@mabre.lt and we will try to make your stay more enjoyable !

Front Office manager
Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stayed for family wedding in July. The location of the hotel is fantastic, short walk to everything in the old town, but nice and quiet courtyard a great way to escape the crowds. Room was small but had everything we needed, breakfasts in the old breakfast room and outside in the courtyard were a highlight of our stay. Would love to go back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reda D, Front Office Manager at Mabre Residence Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Reviever,

Thank you very much for your excellent feedback ! It is very important for us.
It is very nice to hear that you enjoyed our hotel location, exellent staff service and breakfast at the terrace.
Hope to see you again in a near future at our hotel !

Reda Domkiene,
Front Office manager
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights recently, well located in the city close to many attractions, restaurants, the best bars and nightclubs not too far away either.

Room was nice enough, on arrival person on reception was ok but didn't really explain anything apart from where the breakfast was and what time, maybe they didn't speak very good English.

Breakfast was poor, some cheeses, bread, yogurt and fruit. For the hot food there was fatty bacon, overcooked scrambled egg and some ham and cheese parcels, I am not sure if this is some standard breakfast in Lithuania or that this hotel didn't offer much. Yes it was advertised as free breakfast but really you always pay for it in the price of the hotel booking.

The pool and sauna was something like 15 euros an hour which is ok for privste use but I wish they had clearly advertised the additional costs when booking, seems there are a lot of hotels not doing this and when I specificily book a hotel for the pool and then find out there are more costs its annoying.

Didn't find the staff friendly and a basic hello at breakfast would have been nice

• Stayed March 2013
Reda D, Front Office Manager at Mabre Residence Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your comments and for your stay with us. I am glad that you have enjoyed our hotel nice central location .
I am sorry to hear that our reception staff was not enaugh welcome. We will have a meeting this week and will repeat our service standarts harder. Thank you for the comments about breakfast , I have forwarded your message to our restaurant manager and believe that you will give us an oportunity to serve better in a future.
For the future reservation you can write me directly at reda.d@mabre.lt and we will try to make your stay better !

With best regars,