“Good for company activities” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Vilnius

Save Saved
You added Le Meridien Vilnius to your Saves list
Le Meridien Vilnius
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Highway A2 19th kilometre | PO Box 2590, Vilnius LT-03005, Lithuania   |
Ranked #21 of 88 hotels in Vilnius
Kaunas, Lithuania
“Good for company activities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

The last time I have spent in this hotel was April 2012. Before that I have stayed in this hotel for many times. The hotel is perfect for conference events, trainings, teambuildings. Has got the SPA and Gym, golf course (I read during my last stay that the golf course has an award as the best golf project in the world 2011). At the moment big part of the hotel is under the reconstruction. The rooms which were available were spacious and ok, but I think that they should think of changing the old wooden doors with quite a big gap under the door into something more modern as I could hear what was going on in the area outside the room which is spacious and echos of voices is very loud. The city is some 10 km away and one should think about transport if intends to go to the city. The ciusine is very nice. Otside views of forests and lakes is marvelous.
They have got many conference halls of different size rooms, with all the needed equipment, which makes a place great for conferences, teambuildings, company parties, etc, as there is also plenty of rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with good sound isolation or further from busy areas.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
LMVilnius, Marketing Coordinator at Le Meridien Vilnius, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us.

As you have mentioned, our Golf course received an award as one of the best golf developments in the world in 2009 and, in addition to that, is now nominated for the World Travel Awards 2012 as The Best Golf Course in Europe.
It is very kind of you to highlight that our hotel is a great place for conferences, trainings, team buildings and other events - with 25 separate conference halls, all in classical design and featuring natural light & direct outdoor access, we tend to agree. They vary from large banquet halls to intimate meeting rooms. In addition to these is our wide range of outdoor facilities also available for banqueting, team building and incentive functions.

Please note that our present refurbishment is part of the ongoing process of scheduled Hotel maintenance to meet the guest’s high standards. Everything has been looked into so I am positive, that where there may be a large gap under a guest door this will be quickly remedied. As you may have seen, most doors go all the way to the ground, resting on the carpeting.. Our aim is to makes sure your stay is perfect!

We take this opportunity to send you our best wishes and hope to welcome you to Le Meridien, soon.

Kind Regards,

112 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

I stayed here in summer 2011 when visiting Vilnius. The hotel is a little out of the city, but runs a shuttle bus to get you backwards and forwards into the city, and also assists with arranging taxis if you want to return late at night. I'd recommend this if you aren't too fussed about spending late nights in Vilnius every night, or want to relax in the countryside in between. Booked a 'presidential suite' with 2 beds and found out that one of the beds was a rollaway, and the hotel kindly gave us the presidential suite next door too. The rooms were huge. The marketing manager (Beata) was very apologetic for the misunderstanding and very eager to assist - seemed to be genuinely very interested in my feedback and asked me to a coffee for a 30 minute chat about the hotel and how it compares to others, and gave me some very helpful advice regarding Vilnius. Thanks for a great stay Beata!

I'd strongly suggest booking a Segway tour of Vilnius - it's great fun and lasts a lot longer than other Segway tours I've taken elsewhere making it great value for money.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

Very good conference venue for around 200 people. Super meeting facilities and great grounds for teambuilding activities. Spa and gym good for the active and well stocked. Very impressed with the operations team, extremely well organised and super responsive during the week. Catering was good quality throughout the week with no complaints. would definitely recommend this venue.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
LMVilnius, Marketing Coordinator at Le Meridien Vilnius, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Thank you for your review which we will make extensive to our team in recognition for their great work. Reviews as yours motivate us all to continue delivering great work up to and beyond expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you again!
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights for a company event. Most of our activities were within the hotel so it was the perfect venue for us.

Location - area is far from the city center, so if you're a tourist who plans to go sightseeing a lot this may not be ideal for you. The place is right next to the highway and not accessible to any public transportation. If you're a tourist your only options out of the hotel are to rent a car or get a taxi every time. The hotel can order a taxi for you but these could be costly and traveling to the city will just take a lot of your time.

If you're aiming for a relaxing and lovely time in the hotel though this is just perfect. I went there in the winter so the hotel grounds (which was huge by the way) were covered with snow, which made a dramatic postcard view. Ask for a room with view of the grounds, not of the highway which is in front of the hotel. My room had a lovely view of the frozen lake and wooden bridges and snow covered forest.

The hotel is also a good venue for business conferences - they have ample halls of different sizes to use for trainings, meetings, gala dinners, etc. The grounds could also be used for team activities like ice hockey, etc.

Rooms - rooms are big, with a very comfortable bed, a wide desk, mini bar, ample spaced cabinet, medium sized bathroom with tub. Most rooms have a great view of the grounds but they also have black out curtains if you opt to shut out the light.

Service - I was expecting bad service after I read some reviews about this hotel but I was surprised that the girls at the reception were very nice and accommodating, room service arrived within 15 minutes as promised, and they printed out my tickets for free at the business center.

Breakfast - there was a lot of choices, though it was almost the same everyday

Spa - after a long flight I had a massage at their spa, the price was very reasonable for a European hotel so I was excited to try it. I was disappointed because the lady hardly touched any of my muscles, all she did was rub oil on my skin over and over!

Pool - adequately sized with a view of the forest, and I think I also saw a jacuzzi right next to it

Dear JenGP,

Thank you for taking your time to share your recent experience while staying with us at Le Meridien Vilnius. Your constructive criticism is most helpful in helping us achieve the best service possible at all times...
As you mentioned, if you are looking for a peaceful surrounding, away from the bustle of the city - you will not find better than our hotel! Regarding getting around, we were very surprised to see that you were not given information on our complimentary shuttle bus, which runs every day six times a day to and from the city center. You are correct in pointing out the city does not offer bus service to our area, but hopefully between the shuttle, taxis and car rental there is an option valid for all.
Our spa has two members for massages, our female therapist who did yours being more specialized on soft, relaxing massages and facials. On your next visit please let us know so we may arrange an appointment for you with our professional masseur...
We look forward to the opportunity to make the experience feel better for you, and look forward to welcoming and seeing you on your next visit!
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

I stayed in this Hotel for 3days while joining a business conference.Everything in the hotel were excellent. From the reception to the rooms and the room service.

Room Tip: ASk for a room in the 4th floor with a view to the lake.
Dear Tharsdim,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. We have shared your message, as we do with all messages, as motivation for them to continue with their great work. Waiting forward to welcoming you on your next trip to Vilnius, Lithuania!
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for a week in December 2011. It is a nice, beautiful hotel, with comfortable rooms but there are some minor negatives.

First of all, it is located next to a highway, in the middle of nowhere. Why they picked this location...? It has a golf course and has huge grounds, so in the summer months it might be nice to walk around outside the hotel, but in the winter there is not much to it. If you want to visit the down town area, you have to take a cab or the hotel's shuttle bus. The shuttle bus does not really run frequently, so be sure not to miss it. If you miss out on one, you'll have to wait like another 2 hours for the next. The pick up is just outside the city center which makes it inconvenient to walk there and back if you miss it, and waiting in the December cold is far from comfortable.

The rooms were well decorated, the mattresses, pillows and covers outstanding! I think one of the nicest I ever had! Bathroom was also good looking, found some hairs in the bath tub the first night that were not ours though. That was a pity.

What I thought was odd, was we asked for 2 keys, since we were there together but my fiancé was on business, so I had a different schedule than he. They asked us to pick the second key up in the afternoon but when we got there later that day, they said they only had one key available. I thought it was odd that they only had one key for a hotel room. That was sometimes inconvenient. I could not always contact my fiancé, so he had to check first if I was in my room, if not, go to the reception to collect the key.

The pool was very nicely located, with views over the Lithuanian forest, but the water was real cold. I tried to use the spa but they didn't always have a beautician available. The fitness room was okay, bit dated with limited machines, but still nice to have the option to work out.

But still, good experience!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

I tagged along with my husband, who was visiting Vilnius for a work conference. By all reports, the conference facilities were wonderful, though I don't know first-hand. However, if you're coming to Vilnius to actually see the city, this hotel, though lovely and quite luxurious, is way too far from town for this to be practical unless you're going to drive yourself (see more below). However, there are spa facilities and a golf course there, and it seems like a lovely destination if that's your focus.

Breakfast is quite good. with lots of selections for a hot or cold breakfast. The couple of meals we had there later in the day were slightly above average. The staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was *huge* - I was able to run to the door from the desk when room service arrived. The bathroom was clean, modern and enormous, and the shower had terrific water pressure. The bed was firm and restful, the pillows were soft, the robes were thick and luxurious, and—maybe a coincidence?—they had a smaller robe laid out for me, so it actually fit. Really, no complaints about the room whatsoever.

The downside of this hotel for me was the downtown shuttle and taxi situation. The hotel does run a free shuttle a few times a day—perhaps more frequently in the summer?—but in December there are only a handful of opportunities per day to get to and from the city this way. (Note: be early for the shuttle; the driver left a couple of minutes early on one day of our trip, leaving us running and waving from across the street as he pulled away from the curb.) Also, the pick-up/drop-off spot in Vilnius isn't particularly convenient.

If you need a taxi, the cost varies considerably based on some criteria I never quite figured out. We paid anywhere from the equivalent of $20 to $55. If you ask the hotel to call for you, the theory is that you get charged a set, previously agreed upon amount (about $25, plus tip). I din't know this ahead of time, so I learned the hard way. Keep in mind that the taxis they call often take a while to get there.

Overall, I'd give this hotel five stars *if* you are there to golf, get massaged and hang out at the pool, but four if you need/want to see Vilnius every day of your trip. The transportation madness alone is enough to make a sightseeing trip difficult. Of course, if you have a car with you, this isn't a problem. They have a huge parking lot, and if you don't have to wait for/pay for a cab or wrangle the hotel shuttle, the city isn't too far away. No idea what parking looks like downtown, though.

Room Tip: The back of the hotel faces a beautiful lake and a golf course, while the front of the hotel faces a...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to Le Meridien Vilnius? Share your experiences!