“Not bad not great” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Oakville
“Not bad not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I have eaten at true Brazilian grills before and having been here some time wanted some "good" beef.
The pork was good but a little dry at times. Chicken was tasty and salad bar was good.
Trouble was the beef..... Seemed it was pretty scarce. After 3-4 rounds of chicken and pork they came with an anorexic looking skewer of beef.
While it was nice beef we never saw it again even though we waited and waited.
Would I recommend this restaurant....Yes because though the beef was scarce everything else was good.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Grill Brazil in Vokieciu was ok, but only ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

+ Meat is tasty and nicely grilled. Juicy.

+ Simple house wine, but we liked it. A weirdness - 0.25 l costs 13 Litas and 0.5 l costs 27 Litas...

+- Interior was not very nice, neither it was "something Brasilian" (I am comparing with the same restaurants in Rio)

- Long waiting for the meat.

- The staff should be more helpful. One of the guys serving meat seemed to be tired and angry, even made bitter comments. It is human, but maybe the restaurant should work on better employee conditions.

- Very poor salad bar. Does not remind of Brasilian salads, more like "adapted" Lithuanian version. Moreover, on Sunday evening they ran out of potatoes and some other main things... :(

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food and Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I dined at Grill Brazil in the Old Town on a Sunday evening.

All of the staff spoke good English and told me the name of each meat. There were around 10 different meats to chose from and each meat I chose tasted great.

The meal and two soft drinks cost around £7.50 GBP, which is substantially less than similiar offerings in the UK.

The decor was good.

The only disappointing element of my expereience was the number of customers duing my stay. There was me and a family of 3. I cannot understand why there were so few customers because all of the ingredients for an affordable, tasty meal are there.

Visited June 2012
Vantaa
“Nice idea but not even close to what churrascaria should be”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Having been to a great churrascaria, I wanted my husband what this is all about and was thrilled that Vilnius offered one. The in your pocket book recommended the place highly so we gave it a go. The place itself was nicely decorated and the air photo of Corcovado was just what this Brasil fanatic wanted to see.

We were greeted fast and given instructions of salad buffet and of course the tags for meat service. I ordered a Caipirinha which according to the IYP book should be the best in town. Felt like being back at Copacabana while sipping it under the Corcovado photo. Felt a little strange that the music they were playing were something of a mixture of a Mexican cowboy song and a cumbia and definitely sang in _Spanish_.

Fine... First we got chicken and knowing how full you usually get in a churrascaria, I was very causious with my portions. At this point I noticed a disclaimer on the menu that the restaurant reserves the right to charge double if something is left on your plate. OK, I added more caucion to my portions which was unnecessary in the end because the meat was served so slowly that all we saw was basically our plates. 10-20 apart, we were mainly served pork?!? We did manage to sit for 1,5 hours but didn't really get what we were expecting.

Not worth the try really even the price is very reasonable and the food is eatable (not really that great but ok anyway).

Side note: There are two Gril Brasils in Vilnius: One in the shopping center Panorama (the original) and a new branch in the old town. We were in the shopping center so I don't know how it is in Old Town.

Definitely not what churrascaria should be!

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Paris, France
“It's not Brazil....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Compares with the poorer churrascerias in Brazil - with one huge difference; the rodizio comes round regularly, but with pork, chicken, pork, turkey, chicken legs, more pork.... When some beef did arrive it was dry and tasteless. Salad bar and vegetables very average. Saving grace - they do a very good Chilean Carmenere by the glass, but two of those and you've doubled the bill, almost. Good value if you're hungry and love pork and chicken.

• Visited July 2012