“Lovely Food” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 383 Restaurants in Vilnius
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Narrow Stikliu street in the old town of Vilnius began it‘s history in XVth century, when merchants and craftsmen, invited by Lithuanian Grand Dukes, here started their businesses - shops, workshops and taverns.The building, where currently restaurant “Lokys” is situated, was build in the end of XVth century for one of the merchants both for living and trading purposes.Over centuries, gothic cellars changed their owners for couple of times. Here have been shops, taverns and beerhouses, until 1972, when it was restored and hunters’ restaurant “Lokys” housed here.
Darlington
“Lovely Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

The food here is wonderful. There were four of us visiting and we all had different meals - including Beaver! and we all enjoyed the food. The services was really good too. Would definately recommend this place but be careful going down the stairs to the cellar seating area as they are very steep.

Visited August 2013

• Polish first
Palermo, Italy
“Tasty Lithuanian food at a good price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I chose this restaurant to try some traditional food in great location. We sat in the courtyard and chose from an excellent and reasonably priced menu. The service was good, with friendly amd attentive staff. Our food was lovely, we chose the wild boar sausages, and our friend branched out with beaver stew, both of which were very tasty. The hot chocolate desert was pure indulgence and overall the meal comes highly recommended.

Visited August 2013
NYC
“Bland food with argumentative waitress”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

So, me and my family were lured into this restaurant by the beautiful medieval look, wooden and cast-iron accents and brick-stone cellars. Waitress was very attentive, her English was fair but I was yet to find out that she certainly was not familiar with the concept of "the client is always right." Our food was presented beautifully on the plate but quite honestly, it was very bland. It had no exciting flavors or character, as someone else has already mentioned. It was also very overpriced for what it was.

When the waitress came to collect our empty glasses, she asked if I wanted another beer, to which I graciously replied "no, thank you". She said "ok." About 10 minutes later, I have a new glass of beer appear in front of me, to which I reacted with a look of utter surprise. Upon seeing my stunned face, the waitress gets all defensive and jabs me with a "yeah, you wanted another one." Shocked, I reply that no, I said "no, thank you". But the feisty blonde is not willing to give up that easy. She gets even more worked up and start arguing with me like a souvenir peddler and says "yeah, I asked you and you said "yes". I decided this is not worth the fight and handed over the extra beer to my grandmother to enjoy.

So, summarizing, this locale does not recognize client's basic rights at a restaurant, because even if you're right, they are ready to battle you to re ground for the right to charge you the additional 7lt instead of preserving their good reputation. So, Lokys, there is some potential in there but seriously time for you to get with the times.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Nice food in a nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Nice lithuanian food in a nice place. We take three large beers, as starter the Lithuanian apetizers (sausages, smoked meat, among others) and the salmon and one chicken plate. Everything was nice, tasty and good, and price is good also! It only costs us 33 euros! I recommend this place to everybody.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vilnius
“excellent location and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

this is a good place to go if you are in the center of Vilnius.worth to visit.there are good variety of dishes and good service.Nice atmposphere.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere