- the service was rather good, the staff is friendly and helpful: at our request, we were given a kettle. They also helped us to plan our visit to Vilnius: provided us with the train timetable, consulted on the places to have dinner in town
- original rooms design: we were quite surprised to see a blackboard for putting down the time, when we would like to have breakfast
- the breakfast itself was included into the room price and was to our surprise very rich. It consisted of cornflakes, juice, coffee/tea, chocolate, cheese, ham, tomatoes/cucumbers and bread,
- central location
- free wi-fi in the room
- The audibility is rather high: we could hear the noises in the corridor and from the street
- The surroundings of the hotel is unfavourable, maybe, because of the close proximity to the Central Market
- Several ill-considered interior details: lack of hooks and shelves in the bathroom, chest instead of the wardrobe in the room, unsteady table.
To sum it up, I would recommend the Guesthouse to young people as it provides unusual experience for reasonable money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Old Market Guesthouse is situated in an early 20th century Old Town building minutes away from the City Hall, the Gate of Dawn, other tourist hotspots and entertainment places. Decorated according to its name the rooms represent different stalls of the market; the fish, the flower, the chocolate and etc. All bedrooms are en-suite equipped with flat screen satellite TVs and wireless internet. A stay is supplemented with organic breakfast from the local market. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and HostelWorld so you can book your Downtown Market B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.