“Great steak!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Eastern European
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: In the Stora Antis dined ELO,Eath,Wind&Fire,Mireille Mathieu,Toto Cutugno,Smokie,Tower of Power,Eric Marienthal(Chick Corea Elektric Band),Incognito,Mezzoforte,Candy Dulfer and almost all the stars of Lithuanian music,theater and cinema.
“Great steak!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Atmosphere and service in this cellar restaurant are great. While soup was nothing special, 400g steak was really great, recommended for meat lovers!

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Orebic, Croatia
“Excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Three of us arrived in Stora Antis around 9 P.M. without reservation to try some food. They gave us nice table for dinner. Ambient of restaurant was one of the best where i ever ate. Started with ukrainian borsch (first time borsch in life) followed with homemade honey tasted vodka, excellent combination. For main course I ate 400 g steak, soft and delicious with nice baked potatoes and fresh salad by side (all in price of meal). For dessert i took pie with icecream and fresh fruits. All in all one of the best meals i ever had in restaurants. Highly recommended restaurant.

• Visited November 2013
Vytaly V, Owner at Stora Antis, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very very much for the amazing and detailed comment.
I do respect and like Croatian meat and cheese dishes and every time I am in Zagreb I try to visit as much countryside restaurants as I can.
I do want to explain that in Lithuania it’s forbidden to make homemade vodka and because of it all our so called “homemade” vodka (with honey and pepper, with milk, with brandy and mountain ash, with horseradish, with quail eggs, with pine nuts, with birch and other) are imported from Ukrainian vodka factories.
Thank you very much again for your detailed professional comment.
Best regards, Vytaly, owner.
Villa Rica, Georgia
“Stora Antis Revisited”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

When we lived in Lithuania several years ago, we visited Stora Antis at least once a week and loved each and every meal. Our favorites were the squid, the salmon and the turkey, but also enjoyed the borscht, the meat dumplings and various salads. The presentation of each dish demonstrated the care and artistry taken. The atmosphere was charming and the staff were helpful and attentive. We recently returned to Klaipeda for a short visit and found dining at Stora Antis to be just as enjoyable as it had been on our first visits. Squid was no longer on the menu, but the salmon and turkey were still amazing. I would so love to have the recipe for the turkey and the carrot salad served with the salmon.

My husband and I ate there on our own, but also arranged with the staff to have parties for Lithuanian friends. They took special care to be sure every detail was perfect.

• Visited June 2013
Vilnius, Lithuania
“Delightful and tasty evening in Klaipeda”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

A very enjoyable dinner in a cozy, unique, and friendly atmosphere. The restaurant is located on a side street, down a few brick steps. Mind your head, the restaurant is intimate with a rich a history. Our waitress, as well as the owner, were very attentive and courteous. My wife and I had the flavorful borscht. I had the Ukrainian meat dumplings, which were delicious and my wife had the pear and cheese salad. We felt very welcomed and had a very enjoyable evening. We will return.

• Visited October 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“The best restaurant in the Baltic states so far”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Me, my wife and a bunch of friends were staying in "Stora antis" apartments during our trip through the Baltic states. We used to eat in this restaurant every day, since we could not find a better place in Klaipeda. We really enjoyed the atmosphere: interior here is adorable and cozy, the stuff was attentive.

We especially loved beef steaks. They are huge (I guess 500 grams at least) and really well done. Eggs stuffed with salmon were very delicious as well. Sometimes we were asking to leave some freshly cought fish (I do recommend pike perch, if there is one) for us. They prepare it naturally on grill and it is worth tasting, just not to forget that you are staying on the sea cost.

• Visited August 2013