“my favorite place in hometown” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Greek
Dining options: Drinks, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Drinks, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Kaunas, Lithuania
“my favorite place in hometown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

when it comes to deciding where to spend an evening with my friend or on my own i have no doubts choosing Buon Giorno. Staff is always very friendly, food is very delicious. pizzas, salads, sea food are always fresh and carefully prepared. my favorite is mussels in white wine. You can taste snails. The best ones in Kaunas, i would say. if you are a wine - drinker, this place has a huge list of various wines and staff will give you a hand if you need some help in choosing wines. the interior is very cousy. I like sitting on windowsill among cushions, watching through the window and do my daydreaming. If you plan to stop by in the evening you should consider reservation, cause this place is crowdy at evenings.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
BuonGiorno L, Manager at Buon Giorno Taverna, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Buon giorno, Julija_, thanks for your review. You know, it dosnt matter whether you come alone or with friends, its our goal to make you feel good ;) Ciao!! :)

Vilnius, Lithuania
“above the average food, friendly service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

decided to dine here after a truly bad experience with neibourghing La Rouge (my review is posted).

My compliments for the service, but the food is just above average - both tuna and scallop salads are almost identical in ingredient list, canned tuna quality could be better too. Wild salmon tagliatelle were a bit overcooked, all drenched in sauce, almost a soup amount of it. The salmon was superb, though.

A strong 7/10 place.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
BuonGiorno L, Manager at Buon Giorno Taverna, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Buon giorno, Creepinside!! Thanks for your remarks. Both, salmon pasta and Scallop salad, dishes are new in our menu. So we'll try to make it better for the next time! ;)
Kaunas, Lithuania
“A favorite in Kaunas. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Buon Giorno taverna is my favorite place to go in Kaunas on a regular basis. Never have been disappointed in the food in the over three years I've been going. Great tomato soup, artichoke pizza, fantastic panninis (all their pizzas, in fact.) and really good service. If you don't speak Lithuanian, be sure and check out their Lithuanian menu because it has very nice specials on it which are not in the English menu. Get the staff to explain them to you.

Buon giorno, artichoke lover!! :) It's always pleasure to see you in Taverna again and again ;)
London, United Kingdom
“Will be coming back on my next trip to Lthuania :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I had great evening thanks to super friendly English speaking staff and the food was really tasty and arrived relatively quickly. The location of the restaurant is right in the middle of the beautiful old town. If you find your self in Kaunas I recommend you pay them a visit and see for yourself, you will be very pleasantly surprised.

• Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Food and Fantastic service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I went to Buon Giorno Taverna on the off chance when on holiday exploring the streets on Lithuania. I was particularly surprised with the highly attentive service throughout my time there. English speaking staff was a bonus being a tourist myself and the food was fantastic. I was very impressed with the decor of the place also- a warm, friendly and low key establishment that would be perfect for dates, quiet drinks or a meal with friends. Most importantly for me was the extensive selection of vegetarian options on the menu for my partner. Overall i was very impressed and not hugely expensive either. If i was a local this would be my restaurant of choice. Unfortunately I'm not but i will definitely return!

• Visited August 2013