“My Kaunas tradition for 14 years now.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 130 Restaurants in Kaunas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“My Kaunas tradition for 14 years now.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I first went here in January of 2000 and was impressed with the beer and food. Every time I go, I have the cheese donuts with garlic sauce. Those things are fantastic! The beer was great as usual. Most of the evening, we were the only table sitting in the dining room. The patio was crowded and noisy. I love the aesthetics of the old brick architecture of the room. Highly recommended for anyone who enjoys a good beer and unique atmosphere.

Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
“Avilys was great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

After a dinner earlier this week with 20 persons that was a great succes (really cooked food, good wine and homemade beers in very friendly and interested atmosphere) we had lunch yesterday. We had soup and 2 caesar salads. In every restaurant a risk but not in Avilys, it was again great meals and top service. Try it and experience. Today back in The Netherlands with good memories to Kanaus and Avilys. We'll visit again.

Visited July 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Not as good as I had expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Dined here on our recent visit to Kaunas. I was not impressed by their beer brewed on the premises, but that is perhaps a matter of personal taste. I was less impressed by the service - typically Lithuanian slow. I was told the pepper steak I ordered was filet - but it was not filet as I know it, although I cannot identify the cut from my Australian knowledge of beef.

Located next door to the Seneji Rusia restoranas, I would recommend trying the beer here then heading next door for the food.

Visited June 2014
London
“Lovely place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Go here every time I'm back home. Lovely staff, lovely environment and food. Love the design and a Old town feel of it.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
virginia
“Very Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We had lunch at this nice place. The waitress was very helpful and spoke very clear English. We had typical Lithuanian food: meat, potatoes, soup, veggie - all tasty.

Very good service.