“Biker friendly pension” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 20 Trencin B&B and Inns
Teplice, Czech Republic
“Biker friendly pension”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

pension close to town center. Rooms calm, in the attic. Very friendly staff, biker friendly, parking possibility in the yard. Good breakfast. Bathroom OK - see picture. We had three bed apartment, the picture is from the room with one single bed, but we ordered and paid only two beds.

Room Tip: very good for few nights. For holiday less.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Slovak first
Haifa, Israel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Penzión Tiberia was scored 9.2 based on 106 reviewers at booking.com when I made the booking. After staying in the pension for one night I am wondering what the reviewers liked about this hotel, because I did find even one good thing. It is an old hotel, with old furniture and bathroom that should be renovated long time ago. You could not move freely in the room without bumping your head in the roof ceiling. The toilet was dirty and it seems that they forget to clean them after the previous guest. We were a family of four so we required to book two rooms that their price together was relatively high in comparison to other pension we booked.
I will not recommend anyone to stay in this pension.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

This was an excellent penzion. The best accommodation I have stayed in so far. Close to the trainstation, the owners were very friendly and the rooms were huge. The owners were very helpful in recommending restaurants and we were met with a full cooked breakfast in the morning. I couldnt recommend this penzion enough, it was great. They even gave us a ride to the trainstation in the morning because it wa raining.

• Stayed August 2012
The Exotic Orient
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

Stayed here in Sep 2010. The (attic) room which I was given looks nothing like those featured in the booking websites. Furnishings are dated and look cheap and very worn. Room is spacious but due to the really dated and drab-looking furnishings, appear very unappealing and can be a turn-off after coming back from a long, tiring day. The small sofa in the room seems really dirty and ought to be thrown away.... I guess there are better rooms in the pension for double or twin-sharing. Unfortunately, as I booked a single room, I guess the owner did not bother with upgrading those rooms for single travellers.

Breakfast was great though. The owners are friendly enough. Their pension is in a quiet location and very close to the bus-station (10 mins on foot perhaps?).

Room Tip: Ask for newer double rooms. Single rooms can be a turn-off.
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

This is actually my first review on TripAdvisor. The catalyst for the review is a combination of my very positive experiences at Pension Tiberia and my disappointment that the tourist office at Trencin did not even suggest this pension to me, when I asked about possible places to stay.

I had arrived in Trencin and went to the tourist office to inquire about possible rooms. The rather unimpressive staff-member in the office drew about 5-6 'X' marks on a map to indicate places he thought would be in my price range (which I would say was middle-of-the-road). I walked to these places; all of which were either full or which were really disappointing. During this trek, I saw Pension Tiberia and decided to ask about a room. They had one for an acceptable price so I took it. It proved to be a good choice. The owners (I assume husband and wife) were very nice people...really nice. The husband spoke excellent English and was happy to answer various questions I had. The room was clean and well appointed. The WiFi functioned without issue. The breakfast - included in the price - was also very nice...one could choose an item from a small menu in addition to the bread, coffee, marmelades, etc which were available. The hotel is a short walk - maybe 10 minutes) from the "city center" of Trencin. The castle is above this central plaza. The pension also has enclosed parking for your car, which seems to be important because Slovakia has a reputation for car theft (whether it's deserved or not I can't say).

One last comment is that the owner's of the pension are avid touring motorcycle riders, and they love to have other riders as guests.

In summary, my experience in Trencin and at Pension Tiberia were very positive. I would recommend it for consideration if you plan to visit Slovakia.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Been to Pension Tiberia? Share your experiences!