“Fantastic Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Penzion Diana

Penzion Diana
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Piestany
Penzion Diana
You added Penzion Diana to your Saves list
Matuskova 21, Piestany SK 921 01, Slovakia   |
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Piestany
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Every thing about this hotel is excellent, I stayed here for four nights in November as I was having dental work dome nearby, I travelled alone and as a female was a little concerned about my trip. I didnt need to worry, The staff at the hotel are very welcoming from reception to bar and waiting staff they all made me feel very comfortable, even eating alone in the reataurant which was a first for me! The food is lovely and very reasonably priced.
Could not fault this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Polish first
Cocentaina, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

I always eat here when in Piestany, ordering the menu of the day for less than 5.00€ you can't go wrong good food at a great price.

Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Waterford, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

A very pleasant hotel, but we did encounter difficulties; because of language differences we asked for a meal in restaurant to be told there is no restaurant, there was a restaurant, but the girl did not understand our enquiry.
We found the safe different to ones encountered in the past in Europe, again because of language difficulties we never got to use safe, it was only when we moved elsewhere we found instructions written clearly in English, then realised what we were doing wrong.
The air conditioning did not work and when we rang the young man on reception he said he thought he was going deaf! Possibly he did not mean to sound rude? Possibly this was another misunderstanding due to language difference. When he knocked on our door I expected Basil Fawlty to burst in, but he was ok, but told us open window instead,unfortunately due, I think, to a nearby river we were inundated with mosquito bites, my face and neck were so badly bitten, there were no plug in repellant, we purchased them ourselves when a local person advised us.
The staff in restaurant were extremely pleasant and the food lovely. In fact I had the nicest creme brulee ever there and the best coffee ever.
The pool was extra cost but cost so little we did not mind; we enjoyed our massages we booked.
A new girl working on reception checked us out and mistakenly did not charge us for breakfast, the manager said as it was her mistake the breakfasts were free compliments from management. This was nice and helped make up for the 'hiccups' in other areas.

Room Tip: our room overlooked back garden where guests drank and chatted so could be a little noisy with windo...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Piestany, Slovakia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

nice pension in a "hunting" style (Diana was greek goddess of hunting)
great food...turkey steak is my favourite here.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Padua, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

I used this hotel many times for business trip and I found it very confortable. Room are cleaned and the kitchen is very well organizhed. Closed to the town center. Wireless free. You have also free spa access.I try many others hotel in the town usually I did not find sach nice organizhation. In the morning breakfast is really full of good and fresh food.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Somerset, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

This is a comfortable home-liked atmosphere situated near various activities like rafting,hiking and other sports.I forgot my purse when we left and the manager returned it to me the following day.The management staff are not only friendly but honest,and it made us feel welcome and safe.

We would like to stay in Penzion Dianna again when we can have the chance to visit this place.

Ms.T &F. Zabala,
Grp 4

• Stayed October 2010

Been to Penzion Diana? Share your experiences!