“Just average, far from the town” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel Bankov
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dolny Bankov, Kosice 04001, Slovakia   |
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Kosice
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Just average, far from the town”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Old fully renovated hotel, but I'm dissapointing. Small rooms, small bathrooms, only one double bed, our room had no balcony, AC is charged, for the price I can find better places to stay in Kosice. I didn't like the food here, everything had the same taste, I can't help myslef, that just my own opinion.. :(

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Riga, Riga, Latvia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I can only join with other reviewers and say that this is a gorgeous hotel with a rich history and a special attitude with the client. A very good restaurant. Comfortable rooms. I absolutely recommend that!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Actually spent my wedding night here as we had a wedding at Hotel Bankov. The rooms are beautiful, the hotel has its unique atmosphere and offers all comforts you could wish fore. I also find it much more personal and authentic than design hotels of downtown Kosice. Staff is polite and very very helpful. Restaurant also good. Also, from my experience of organising a wedding I can tell you the management is professional and can accomodate all your requests.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bratislava, Bratislava, Slovakia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We have just celebrated our wedding in hotel Bankov and all we can say is EXCELLENT. Great balance between history, modern comforts, attentive staff, great food and beautiful setting. The event manager was brilliant going the extra mile for every request we had. Highly recommend this hotel for any event, large, small or romantic break for two.... Tinka & Danny

Room Tip: Go for superior or delux
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Bankov, General Manager at Hotel Bankov, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Tinka, dear Danny,

I´m really happy to hear your positive comments to our service during your wedding party in our hotel. The fact you fully enjoyed your stay with us, gives me and my team great satisfaction. I really hope u had excellent experience in our hotel, you´ll never forget.
Let me again wish you a lot of love and happiness in your life.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Adriana Hurová, General Manager
Dunajska Streda, Slovakia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

It was one of my best experiences ever. The hotel is the oldest hotel in Slovakia, 5 munutes from Kosice centre, you have the forest at your feet. The rooms fully reconstructed, the room we had was lovely, an appartmant with great furniture, real paintings on the walls, big bathroom with bathtube.
The food was excellent, they have wines from the one of the best cellars in Slovakia, Karpatská perla.The personal is really great, we had an excellent service.
The wellness has an indoor pool, sauna, inra sauna and you can have the best massage ever.

Room Tip: Choose Nr. 311, you will be delighted!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Madam, dear Sir,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback.
I was so pleased that we met your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I really hope that you visit us once again very soon.
Kind regards, Adriana Hurova, General Manager
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

Beautiful place with very very friendly staff, great food and excelent position in woody area close to city centre.

Room Tip: if it is hot, you make sure you ask for room with aircon!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Bankov, General Manager at Hotel Bankov, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
Dear guest,
I would like to thank you for your kind comment. We will be glad if you will visit us on your next trip to Kosice. With best regards Adriana Hurova- General Manager
Aalsmeer, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

Ended a long days drive, in an oldtimer car, in hotel Bankov. We where the only guests. In the evening a tremendous thunderstormstorm set in. Electricity went down in the half of Kosice city. By candle light the staff off the hotel served us a fantastic cold dish. They really did their best to make us feel at home. I can recommend this hotel to everyone, it really should have 5 stars!! I will certainly visit this hotel again!!
Hendrik, the Netherlands

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Dear Hendrik,
I´m really happy reading the number of your positive comments on the hotel, our service and the staff.
All your comments are very valuable for me and it will be my pleasure to share them with all my team.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back .

Best regards from Košice.
Adriana Hurova- General Manager

Been to Hotel Bankov? Share your experiences!