“Very nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Kosice
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Very nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This is the first hotel I stayed in in Slovakia and I am very positively surprised by the service and accommodation. Hotel is located just a few steps from the city center, not far away from the railway station. Staff is really nice and helpful, standard single room I was in is really pretty, cosy and well equipped. the restaurant offers great meals in good prices and I can only recommend to go there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I was in Slovakia on a business trip in December 2012 and had to stay in Kosice twice during the trip because of the international airport. The hotel is located in the 5 minutes walk distance from the main (Hlavna) pedestrian street in the down town which is nice and may help you waste time (I mean have a proper shopping). :) In spite of such location, the hotel is hidden in a small street, so you stay far from the main street noise.

I lived in a standard double room: a nice room for one or two person(s), shower (no bath). The breakfast is good: a typical hotel buffet with local cheese, ham and others. The food is fresh and tasty. Only one problem with the breakfast: they should serve it between 7am and 10am, but when I came at 9:20, I did not find coffee and any hot food (which I had had after the first night), an did not find any of the restaurant (they are a contractor or a partner of the hotel) staff in the room and did call them, they came and I got my coffee but did not get any hot food. You may find some problem with English speaking personnel at the restaurants here, but usually they have an English menu.

But the hotel staff themselves are very polite and properly helpful - my compliments.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed here for two nights Sept. 12-14, 2012. We went to Slovakia with my parents and two sisters to meet a second cousin who my mother met on a geneology website. I can't say enough good things about Kosice. This hotel was recommended by our cousin who lives in Kosice because of it's proximity to the city center and English speaking staff. It was wonderful. We we first arrived our cousin had arranged for a lunch of Garlic Soup in a bread bowl which is a local specialty in the restaurant. It was delicious. The breakfast was also excellent. They even packed us a lunch the day we left since our train was leaving at 6 am and we would miss breakfast. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were huge and very well furnished. The internet was good in the lobby. And we were in walking distance to the city center which is amazing!!!!! We would love to go back!

Room Tip: We had the penthouse on the top floor. It was huge but only had a shower (no tub). It was very qui...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Travelers also viewed these Kosice hotels
Doubletree by Hilton Kosice
Bristol Hotel
Bristol Hotel
#3 of 19 in Kosice
4.5 of 5 stars 82 reviews

Been to Boutique Hotel Maraton? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Boutique Hotel Maraton

Address: Strojarenska 11, Kosice 4001, Slovakia
Location: Slovakia > Kosice Region > Kosice
Bar / Lounge Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Wheelchair access
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Kosice
Hotel Class:4 star — Boutique Hotel Maraton 4*
The hotel with a family-like atmosphere is situated in a silent location of the city centre of Košice -the metropolis of Eastern Slovakia. The historical centre, pedestrian area, sports hall, the Peace Marathon Square and other tourist attractions are placed in the walking distance of a three-minute walk.We offer a comfortable harmonious environment, a summer garden with smoking area, free parking in an enclosed parking lot which is protected by CCTV. Of course there is accommodation at any time of day or night. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Boutique Hotel Maraton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Boutique Hotel Maraton, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.