“Still very good, but need to try a bit harder with customer service to be the best in Kosice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Yasmin Kosice

You added Hotel Yasmin Kosice to your Saves list
Hotel Yasmin Kosice
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Tyrsovo nabrezie 1, Kosice 040 01, Slovakia   |
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Kosice
South West London/Surrey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I have visited Kosice many times, have stayed in many different hotels, and have stayed numerous times in the larger hotels (namely the DoubleTree and Bristol). I first stayed in the Yasmin in 2012, and I said at that time that it was up there with the best in Kosice, and it certainly had the opportunity to be number one hotel in the city.

On this occasion (my second stay in the Yasmin), I felt the standards had slipped slightly, which is a shame. The main problem now is the (lack of) friendliness of the staff, maybe there is new management now, because the customer care training is lacking. Staff in the restaurant at breakfast were unfriendly, didnt even smile. One girl working there was just chatting (flirting!) with one of the customers, while tables around her needed cleaning. The reception staff have now stopped smiling, although the lady who checked us out (on sunday morning) was very pleasant. I also found the service in the downstairs late night bar very slow and unfriendly. One final incident that we didnt like was one of the staff coming into our room about an hour after we had checked in, she didnt even knock, she just let herself in, not nice, not professional....either check whether the room you are about to go in (might be) occupied, or knock on the door before entering.

All the other positives from the Yasmin remain...clean and stylish rooms, good location, good value. Please work on that customer service, and you absolutely have a chance to be the very best hotel in Kosice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
KatarinaFabianova, Manager at Hotel Yasmin Kosice, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your detail review.
We’re very sorry that you were disappointed with our services at our Hotel Yasmin. We’re improving our services every day. The next time you’re in Kosice, we hope you’ll come back to see the changes we’ve made and tell us what you think. Thank you for helping us improve!
We are looking forward to your next visit, with best regards, Katarina Fabianova

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Slovak first
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

This hotel is very nice, hotel staff are helpful too. The location is ok however at night it is a bit daunting to walk to. The views from our room were great and the facilities were good too. We stayed here only one night but made the most of the time we had there by venturing into the nearby centre. Breakfast was nice, good selection. There was a wedding on when we were there so it was busy in reception area which was slightly awkward when you arrive back from walking about in the sun all day with shorts and t-shirts on and squeezing by a well dressed wedding party! That couldn't be helped though, I'd say go there if you don't mind a wee walk to things roundabout, if not, opt for closer to centre.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
KatarinaFabianova, Manager at Hotel Yasmin Kosice, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Layne,
thank you very much for your positive feedback, in summer time during weekends we organize weddings party in our banket rooms and garden. Usually we have a really positive feedback from our guests to see a bride. We are looking forward to your next visit.
With best regards
Kiev, Ukraine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We spent only one night in Kosice and we were very impressed with Hotel Yasmin. The hotel facilities were modern and clean. The room spacious and clean with higher-quality toiletries. The staff was friendly and helpful with finding the name of a recommended restaurant. The location is a five minute walk to the town center and all the social activities of Kosice.

I will stay there again on my next visit to Kosice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
KatarinaFabianova, Manager at Hotel Yasmin Kosice, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Stephen, thank you very much for your positive review, we are looking forward to your next visit in hotel Yasmin.
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights while we were visiting with some of his Slovak relatives. We were a little nervous driving up to the hotel because it appears to not be in a nice area of Kosice, but after we walked a few blocks from the hotel we found old town which is very cute. The rooms were nice and we slept really well during our stay. There is free wi-fi throughout the hotel. There is also free parking available. The view from our hotel room was not very pleasant but we spent more time outside of the hotel so it didn't bother us. The staff was friendly and very happy to recommend things to do in Kosice. I would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Madame,
thank you very much for your time to write review of our hotel Yasmin in Kosice. We are happy, that you like our beautiful city center and I am delighted to guantee you room with panoramatic view to old city by your next visit in our hotel.
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I have visited hotel Yasmin because of wedding in family. I have to say that hotel interior is beautiful, everything was very clean and modern. I would say wedding in this hotel was very impressive and unforgettable! Anyway, I think the room was too small for so many guests and I consider that to be the biggest minus. Also waitresses were not really helpful.
If you want to have your wedding here, make sure you keep the eye on organisation and staff. :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Fabrinka,
thank you very much for your review of wedding in September 2012. We are happy, that you enjoyed in our hotel so special festal time with your family. Regarding wedding room - before each wedding we have several meegtings with organizers of party, and it is their decision to choose right room for their guests. We are sorry about our staff, I want you assure, that from last September we have great new team. We are looking forward to see you in hotel Yasmin Kosice again.
With best regards
Norwich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The hotel was easy to find by car and near the centre. The rooms were modern, clean spacious and bright and airy with a view over the town. I know we were a large group but having been told there would be a buffet for us between 20.00 & 22.00 hours we arrived near the end of that to find most of the food had gone. They know how many are in the group so it is not too difficult to keep an approximate tally to see how many have been in to eat and whether they need to put out some more food.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
KatarinaFabianova, Manager at Hotel Yasmin Kosice, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear guest,
thank you very much for your review. We are very sorry for this inconvenience. We have prepared dinner for your large group, but interest for some types of food was bigger than the others. Becauce of that, in the end of the dinner, there were not as many options as at the beginning. Despite experiencing this problem I hope, that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and we are looking forward to see you again.
With best regards,
Langport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Staying here for one night, on the way from Budapest to Krakow. The hotel is situated by a main road but the noise of traffic is not a problem. Unless your car needs to be garaged, dont bother paying the €10. The free parking is fine outside the hotel. Staff on reception were helpful, providing a map and instructions for getting into the city centre. The room is smallish with a designer shower room. My bed wobbled and creaked a lot so I think it's seen a fair bit of activity.
Our only gripe was the staff in the restaurant. We went to dinner about 20.00hrs. After a couple of minutes, we were given a menu but before we could ask for drinks, the waiter walked away! We were then stoically ignored by at least 3 waiters for the next 10 mins. We moved tables as the front door to the hotel was open, making our position draughty. The new table had not been made up since the previous occupants. After another 5 mins, we left & returned to our room. I went to dinner again at 21.50. Again, I had a 10 min wait, having ensured I ordered a drink as soon as I sat down. My main course was not what I expected from the menu description but was tasty and filling. At 22.25, I was asked if I would like anything else so I asked to see the menu. Two mins later, the waiter returned to tell me the kitchen was closed, despite the restaurant time being advertised as open until 23.00hrs. I did not feel welcome in the restaurant at all. Indeed, I felt like an imposition. Peter was the member of staff in the hotel, who stood out for us. His service was impeccable.
Kosice is one of this year's European Capitals of Culture. I'm not sure why. There are some fine buildings but no programme of events taking place during our visit that we could find. In fact, i found nothing advertised between May & August. We did enjoy listening to the music by the dancing fountain in the main square, though.

• Stayed July 2013
KatarinaFabianova, Manager at Hotel Yasmin Kosice, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear Kim,
thank you very much for your time to write your detailed review. We apologize for the problems in our restaurant you mentioned. Immediately we had discusion with our staff in restaurant and we guarantee it will not happen again.
With best regards, Katarina Fabianova

Been to Hotel Yasmin Kosice? Share your experiences!