Very nice hotel located in southers part of Chopok in Bystra valley approx. 7km from Chopok-Juh ski centre. It is newly coinstructed (2011) 3 star hotel with big rooms, very nice welness centre an polite staff. The biggest problem of this 3 floor hotel is missing elevator. Also in a sauna world there is a strange habbit of wearing swimsuits in saunas. Never seen it other countries. Hotel is generally understaffed and it is too obvious that the owner wants to make a lot of money very quickly so quality of services is suffering.
As usual below are pros, cons and useful tips.
- a lot of parking places so you have never a proble to park your car
- very good location relatively near ski center Chopok-Juh (South)
- very friendly staff
- very big rooms for a 3 star hotel (as regards room size it could be even 5 star hotel)
- excellent matraces and sleep quality
- food quality is above average for a 3 star hotel
- Hotel is completely not prepared for disabled or older persons. It is a 3 floor hotel with no elevator. Big problem if you are disabled, old or generally have any locomotion problem or are simply used to use an elevator.
- Small imperfections so typical for Slovakia; like there is a dart board which is not working, spinning machine in fitness which is not spinning, pool bar which is always empty without a barman, etc. The worst is that nobody cares even if you tell them.
- Fitness centre (if it even can be called like that) is poorly equipped with one treadmill, one stationary bicycle (not working), one wall ribstall which is not mounted to the wall, one rowing machine and one multitrainer both of a dismal quality.
- Understuffed. There is not enought waitresses (two persons for restaurant and bar), there is only one person for pool bar, life saving, pool and saunas. Waiting times are extremely long. This is however very typical for Slovakia.
General recommendation (not recommended/ recommended with reservation)
Despite its good location and big rooms, the missing elevator and understaffing does not make it a preferable choice. You may find better hotels nearby like Hotel Myto or Partizan at Tale.
- Wake up at the morning if you want to park good at Ski centre Chopok-Juh. If you go there at 10 o clock it might be a problem to park there.
- Be careful Chopok Juh area is mostly a freeride zone so it is good for freeriders and andrenaline junkies. If ytou want to have a peaceful family skiing with mild slopes do not go there. On the other hand you may hardly find better freeride slopes in Slovakia than in Chopok-Juh.
- While reserving make sure that there is no firm outing or other mass event during your stay (weekend) as it might be crowdy and noisy
- If you want to play table tennis or snooker or darts (once it is repaired), make sure you book it well in advance.
- take a room with balcony (it is worth extra money)
- borrow a bathrobe (around EUR 2 per day) so you may comfortably go from your room to wellness centre
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Wellness Hotel Bystra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wellness Hotel Bystra Slovakia/Brezno