“Arcadia Hotel is a great place to stay in Bratislava” 5 of 5 stars

Arcadia Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Frantiskanska 3, Bratislava SK-811 01, Slovakia   |
Ranked #4 of 89 hotels in Bratislava
Rockville Centre, New York
“Arcadia Hotel is a great place to stay in Bratislava”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

When my son and I arrived in Bratislava last July, we immediately found a taxi, although the area of the train station if a little 'iffy'. Our driver got us near the Arcadia Hotel as we requested, but the entrance street was blocked off. This was because new and very attractive cobblestone was being installed. We got our bags and walked up the small street to the Arcadia Hotel. Once there, we took our bags inside, not expecting much. Usually there is a uniformed person to take your luggage in for you, but he was inside somewhere. No matter, once we got that settled, We had a wonderful stay at this hotel and were thrilled with our accomodations. To our very pleasant surprise, we had a pretty duplex, beautifully and comfortably furnished and were very graciously treated by Peter and the hotel manager, Marta. The bathroom was sumptious and included a shower head as big as a dinner plate, so I felt like I was showering beneath a rain forest. Neither of us have a single complaint about this place, although a mosquito managed to get into the first floor, where my son was sleeping, and dive bombed him four times, before he scurried upstairs and was able to get back to sleep. This may have been because on a rainy night, he opened one of the windows. This in no way spoiled his visit. Peter suggested a restaurant for lunch about five minutes away where we actually had one of the better meals of our stay in Central Europe. The breakfast at Arcadia Hotel is, actually grand. It is served buffet style in a wonderfully decorated dining room, and even at breakfast had linen tablecloth and napkins. Every thing was sparkling and clean. I would say the food was very good, a lot of healthy choices, but also if you wanted something on a small scale that was just good breakfast food, that was available too. There is a wonderful bar/library/tea room just off the lobby, we never got in to, but if we go back I felt like I could have spent the day in there, it was so inviting. We felt completely safe here, and enjoyed walking around the small, old town of Bratislava, which was seconds away. On Marta's suggestion, we took a day trip to Castle Devin, which we may not have done otherwise. This is a very worthy excursion and I'm glad we went. We actually felt sad when our time was up. I would suggest this hotel to anyone visiting Bratislava. They try and succeed at making you welcome and without a lot of fuss are very accomodating.

Room Tip: I don't know what the other rooms were like, but we loved ours. We are still talking about it.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
MartaTeplaGM, General Manager at Arcadia Hotel, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear Honored Guests,

I am glad to hear that you have had an overall enjoyable experience at Arcadia hotel Bratislava. Also I thank you for your constructive feedback. It is always my pleasure to offer our guest the best possible experience so in also out of the hotel. I am truly sorry to hear that the bellboy was not assisting you during your arriaval. Indeed we are entirely committed to our guests satisfaction and I am glad to hear that we have once again achieved our aim. Peter was honored with your personal comment on his assistence. Thank you.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon, I hope.

244 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Buckingham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Just returned from a 2 night stay at the Arcadia Hotel Bratislava. The hotel exceeded our expectations. The hotel itself has been wonderfully decorated and fitted out giving it a most opulent feel as well as keeping historical features. Staff were always attentive and helpful. Breakfast provided an excellent buffet of quality food with hot options like eggs, bacon etc served to you. We dined in the restaurant both nights and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. We also liked the in-room DVD player and a library of DVD's to rent at no charge.
Excellent value for money and definitely one to recommend

Room Tip: Don't think they have a bad room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear valued guests,

I am so pleased that your stay at Hotel Arcadia was worth it and that you liked the decor, ambiente and food. Thank you for nice comment about breakfast and staff, too. We will pay always attention to provided services and quality level to our honored guests.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We arrived in the Old Town of Bratislava and from the time we walked into Hotel Arcadia until the time we checked out we could not fault this hotel or its wonderful staff.

The greeting we received from the staff in Reception and the Customer Relations Manager was exceptional. It was one of the best welcome we have received and we were very impressed when we were personally escorted to our beautiful room and the Customer Relations Manager proceeded to explain features of the room and how things worked. He also gave us a map and pointed out special highlights of this beautiful city.

The room was extremely well appointed and very clean and comfortable, especially the bed and pillows. The bathroom had first class toiletries and was so clean that it dazzled the eyes!

Our breakfasts were plentiful and there was a nice variety of food ... continental items and full English style breakfasts, set out beautifully in the dining room which was lovely.

All of the staff were very friendly and extremely helpful offering very good suggestions to help us enjoy our stay and make the most of our time in Bratislava. We would also like to make mention of the extremely helpful doorman who always had a wonderful smile on his face and nothing was too much trouble.

What a lovely stay we had in this wonderful city. We would also like to recommend the UFO Restaurant .... absolutely wonderful views that cannot be surpassed and the food/wine was excellent, served by a very friendly and helpful waiter.

Many thanks to all the staff at Arcadia Hotel.

Please note that we didn't use the spa facilities as we did not have time.

Room Tip: Our room was number 14. Large, comfortable, clean and well appointed.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
MartaTeplaGM, General Manager at Arcadia Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for a fabulous and detailed review! It is wonderful to be described as beyond 5 stars!!

I am delighted to read that you found the staff to be efficient, professional and attentive during your stay with us.Ondrej in particular was pleased to read your comments and has taken great pride in being personally mentioned.

It is great to hear that you found your room equipped with everything you needed for a first class stay. A goods night' sleep is so important, and I am pleased that our beds and pillows and the room delivered.

As you discovered, an extensive breakfast from our buffet and from the menu card is prepared from fresh local and international products. I believe you will return to us again soon, for another pleasant stay.

Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review.
bojnice
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Hotel Arcadia Bratislava is located right in the historical center of Bratislava. I spent a weekend with my family here and I must recommend this hotel to everyone. From the first moment until the last moment our stay was perfect. We came by car, they don't have their own parking, but don't worry, your car will be taken good care of. The staff at the reception, in the restaurant, the room service and all other things were at highest standards. Very good selection of Slovak wines, very tasty cuisine. Rooms are large and during the night very quiet. We slept well even our 8 month old son slept during the whole night. If you want to pick the best hotel in Bratislava, definitely take hotel Arcadia!

Room Tip: Second floor number 17
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to learn about your experience through TripAdvisor. I am glad that we had contributed to make your aniversary stay in Bratislava memorable. Thank you also for nice comment on Resaurant and wine assortment.

Soblahov, Trencin, Slovakia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

What I like about this hotel, is their personal access to every visitor. You immediately feel like at home. When you come there next time, they treat you as family member. We even already have our room there. When it is available we always get the same room. So, we really feel like at home there. Try also wonderful kitchen and its nice personnel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

thank you for reviewing our hotel among TripAdvisor travelers. I am glad to hear that you appreciate our personal approach and will be glad to offer your favourit room upon your next arrival. The associates and myself like to hear about your recommendation of our menu to other gueast.
I am looking forward to welcome you again in near future
Best regards,
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

from the second we arrived we were welcomed warmly, offered a complimentary drink which we enjoyed while our bags were transported to the room. nothing was too much trouble for the staff.
the room was a little dated in style, but extremely comfortable and very spacious, the bathroom was shinning and the toiletries of very high quality.
the staff had left English guide books for us in the room....it's the small things they did that were appreciated!
we really enjoy the breakfast, really tasty, fresh and homemade...well done!
the spa was spectacular!!! we spent 2 hours there then had a Thai massage!

loved it all! why only 4 out of 5? reason....the hotel was very quiet, no one else around, so it lacked a little atmosphere.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
MartaTeplaGM, General Manager at Arcadia Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

I am pleased to hear that you shared your experience in Arcadia Hotel with other Tripadvisor visitors.
We care about the comfort of distinguished guests, and despite occupancy , guests are not mutually interfered by design and historians thick walls.
Looking forward to your next vist in a busier month.
Northern Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Two friends and I stayed here one night on the way home from a skiing holiday. When we arrived the receptionist welcomed us personally which was very impressive! The lobby was very grand, like a courtyard outside in!
We were offered complimentary prosecco while we waited for the hotel manager to greet us! She also warmly welcomed us and showed us to our rooms, while giving us a brief history of the hotel.
The room was gorgeous, with an upstairs bedroom for the girls! It was very spacious and the bathroom was luxurious!
After a very comfortable nights sleep, we enjoyed a delicious breakfast, and availed of the spa. We didn't really want to leave the jacuzzi, but we felt we should explore the city before we returned home!
Thank you Arcadia for a decadent experience in Bratislava, we will certainly recommend your hotel for those wanting a city break!

• Stayed January 2013
MartaTeplaGM, General Manager at Arcadia Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Guests,

I am so pleased reading your encouraging comment on TripAdvisor. For me it is a personal honor as I was accompaning you to your room. I will pass the information about personalized welcome to the receptionts. I am also happy that you enjoed the Maisonette suite and breakfast, too .
Thank you and I am looking forward to welcome you or your friends here in future.
Best regards,
Marta

Been to Arcadia Hotel? Share your experiences!