“Great location, average hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ibis Bratislava Centrum
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Zamocka 38, Bratislava 81101, Slovakia (Staré Mesto)   |
Ranked #29 of 89 hotels in Bratislava
London
“Great location, average hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Average hotel but great location to explore the whole city. The breakfast was great, a lot of choice and good quality food. In general, the reception staff was ok but they could do with giving us more honest advice on how to get to the airport rather than trying to book us with a specific taxi company. We finally made our own way using public transport which was quick, easy and saved us a lot of money.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
DOLINSKY, General Manager at Ibis Bratislava Centrum, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Bratislava Centrum. We pride ourselves on our staff training, so this is something I will be looking into personally. I am looking forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards, Peter Dolinsky

777 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Generally I would say this hotel ticks most of the boxes. Good location , only a couple of minutes to the Old Town and close to the bus stop to the main rail station (route 93). Standard basic Ibis rooms , comfy bed , clean and modern but with few amenities. Breakfast was fine , usual continental fair and the staff were efficient and generally pretty helpful.

On the down side the TV reception was poor , not that this bothered me as I wasn't in the room much but it may be of importance to some. Finally the Wi-Fi didn't work on my phone. I was told it must be my device but it seemed to work fine in every other bar restaurant etc in town. This was a pain for me and if I was there on business this would be a big problem.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
DOLINSKY, General Manager at Ibis Bratislava Centrum, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
I am really sorry to hear that your stay at Ibis Bratislava Centrum wasn’t up to expectations. I went through all your comments which I have since addressed even though they are highly impacted by the incident your friend has faced in our hotel. As the incident is under investigation of Slovakian authorities I would wait for their final statement before going to deep into emotions which could misslead other travelers while choosing the right hotel for their future stay. Kind regards, Peter Dolinsky
Cardiff, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Please read this review it will help you make a decision regarding this hotel........

1. DO NOT leave your passport, wallet or any valuables in your room. A member of our party had their wallet and passport stolen from the hotel room while it was being cleaned. The staff didnt show much of an interest until the police were called. This mistake cost this person over £900, money was stolen and the cost of getting a replacement passport was very costly.

I've stayed in 100's of hotels around the world, even in places where you'd expect to get your room broken in to and nothing has ever been touched. We picked the Ibis as it was a chain hotel. Maybe its time that you invested in Safes for the rooms.

2. Make sure you confirm what type of room was reserved for you. I booked 3 twin rooms and a double and ended up with 2 doubles and 2 twins. This resulted in two members of the group sharing a double bed. We were told that the hotel was fully booked and they couldn't rectify this. The hotel was far from fully booked, the breakfast room was dead, but that could be for other reasons...see below.

3. Temperature of the hotel. Everyone we spoke to was complaining about how hot their rooms were. The hotel refused to turn on the air-con as it wasnt hot enough outside. I think they need to realise that customers are paying for this, if they advertise that they have air-con, it should be up to the guest if they want it on or not.

4. Breakfast. Great if you like eating runny, over cooked eggs or un-cooked half boiled eggs. The orange juice was watered down to the point it was like weak squash.

5. Make sure you book your own taxi to get to the airport or around town. The only two options that were offered was an E class Mercedes 25 euros (25 euros) or a C class Merc (27 euros) After the receptionist called the company and realised that they were fully booked we asked her to book a local taxi - 16 euros.

Apart from the above issues, the hotel was clean and very close to the old town. I personally would not stay here again or recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Sofia, Bulgaria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The hotel is situatied literally over the street from the old town of Bratislava and in the slopes of the Bratislava castle. The room are tidy and clean with very good beds, wi-fi access everywhere with normal speed. For those who are travelling with cars you should be ready to pay 16 EUR for parking. There is no restaurant in the hotel and you should pay additionally breakfast on the bar.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your review. I’m glad you had a good stay with us at Ibis Bratislava Centrum and I hope to see you on your next trip. Kind regards, Peter Dolinsky
Novi Sad, Serbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

For a three star hotel it's very nice, not luxury but very clean always something new and everything you need. Location can't be better, it's 300m down from the castle and 200m from old town, with huge underground garage. Breakfast is ok but for lunch and dinner menu doesn't compare to restaurants nearby. Rooms are cute, bathrooms too, they have custom made furniture, cable tv, good heating-cooling, etc. Don't expect mini-bar in the room but prices of beer, coffee, water... down at the bar are okay. Free wi-fi in rooms and free of charge use of computer at the lobby. All in all it's great value for money especially if you catch some of the special offers they usually have, I come every year and will do!

Room Tip: stayed in this hotel 5 to 10 times, every time in diff.room and every room was the same.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Bratislava Centrum. I look forward to your next visit. Kind regards, Peter Dolinsky
Cardiff, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Where do I start?! Seriously disappointing! I've stayed in many Ibis hotels throughout Europe, but this one took the biscuit!
The location is reasonable, near old town, but after walking around, there are many other places in better locations, better standard, and similar price such as the Radisson Carlton! The rooms are cleanish, but when you go into the bathroom and find snot from the previous guests on the shower glass... it makes you wonder.
The breakfast is a typical one, but the only fresh fruit drink is apple, the rest are cordial. The Scrambled eggs were always disgustingly runny, and the sausages were the lowest grade plastic things I've come across.... you try to put your fork into it, and it bends to 90 degrees before it pierces it!
Don't bother putting your "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door.... as they don't bother with them, twice walking in while I was sleeping!
Now the Pièce de résistance!!! While we were out of the hotel, one of our party had his passport and wallet (containing driving licence, bank card and e111 card) stolen! It was stored away heavily in a secret compartment in a bag (as many of us had done as we were going white water rafting). When we discovered this, and informed reception, we were scoffed at basically. The manager tried to blame us, and only when we said phone the police did he realise we weren't messing. When they checked the CCTV footage, he said he could see our party going in and out of rooms, and then a maid once we had left, but he wouldn't sound out the maid. This then meant we all waited in the hotel, while the police and forensics (police process) came and checked, then the police station and then the British Embassy.... 7 hours. However.... whilst at the Embassy, it turns out that the passport, e111 card and bank card turned up dropped in the local square.... at midday (while we were all in the hotel and CCTV can show this) so whodunnit I wonder?!
Needless to say, the rest of the trip we were on edge with anything we left behind in the rooms, and the staff were less than pleasant!
I would like to point out that at no point were we rude to any member of staff, and we didn't have a go at anyone as we just wanted to get everything sorted and give our friend piece of mind that he'd be getting home.
Shocking stay.... avoid if I were you!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Located in the city center very close to the central square. Nice business hotel and very basic. Breakfast not very rich but still very bice. Recommended for business trips but for vacation i would do second thoughts

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Bratislava Centrum. Kind regards, Peter Dolinsky

Been to Ibis Bratislava Centrum? Share your experiences!