“Great service beautiful hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #14 of 91 Hotels in Bratislava
Budapest, Hungary
“Great service beautiful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Crowne Plaza. The staff were incredibly courteous and friendly. the location of the hotel is not the best but Bratislava is not the nicest city around. The rooms were spotless and extremely modern. We would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Roma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Good hotel for quality and position.
Employees are kind and nice,rooms are good.
The hotel is close to downtown,reachable walking in few minutes.
Breakfast is good, room services also.
Enjoy your trip.

• Stayed April 2013
Ware, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed here with a colleague a couple of weeks ago on a business trip.

The reception staff were very welcoming and friendly, check in was very smooth. The rooms were very clean and the amenities were good. There was a coffee/tea point and some complimentary water available. The only problem that I had was that I found the pillows were quite flimsy - It felt as though there wasn't much there and I ended up sleeping on the pillow and the decorative cushion too - there may have been a spare pillow in the cupboard, but in fairness, I didn't check.

I asked for a wake up call when I checked in, and my colleague ordered one after we returned from dinner, my wake up call came as expected but his didn't unfortunately - they were very apologetic over the mishap and were keen to rectify things.

Overall I liked the Crowne Plaza very much and would recommend it to others visiting Bratislava.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Prague
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Generous breakfast, clean spacious rooms, Always smiling and helpful staff, lobby and reception are 5*, lots of pleasantly surprising details, fantastic location right in front of the Presidential Palace etc. The only disappointing thing is a very expensive parking.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Peter P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Bratislava, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Tigran S

Thank you very much we are delighted to hear your satisfaction with the facilities but even more with the level of service our staff is providing. We are performing regular checks of the parking prices in the city to be competitive on the market and we take every opportunity to review it. We do hope to welcome you in our hotel when the travels bring you back to Bratislava again.

Kind Regards,

Chisinau, Moldova
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The hotel itself is fine, the standard amenities that you find in Crowne Plaza hotels. However, this is the noisiest hotel I have ever stayed in! There is a nightclub/bar directly below the hotel, and the sound carries throughout the hotel, making it impossible to sleep on weekend nights. We stayed Saturday through to Wednesday, and the noise went all night on Saturday and Monday (??) nights. Additionally, the staff are not at all friendly, and seem kind of put out or irritated.

There are two positives - location and the pool (which I believe we paid extra for, naturally).

Room Tip: The rooms on the third floor have terrible sound proofing. Perhaps staying on a higher floor would...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Peter P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Bratislava, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Erica S

Thank you for your time to share your recent experience in our hotel. We have taken numerous steps necessary to prevent noise travelling throughout the building however, regrettably,on this occasion we understand that the noise levels have not been appropriate and further investigations are taking place. I will be personally involved and will review the findings. If I can also kindly ask you for more details on your comments regarding our disappointing staff service and forward it to btsha.supervisor@ihg.com, so that we can take further distinct action on that matter too. I can assure you that, as you can read from the many other TripAdvisor postings, this is an isolated incident that we want to address immediately. I hope to hear from you soon.

With Kind Regards,

Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for a business conference for 4 days during the month of February 2013. I had e very early flight arriving in Bratislava at 6 am. I had contacted the hotel prior to my arrival to check for possible early check in, and they were nice enough to allow early check in free of charge. The room was very cozy and nice, the bed was very comfortable and the bedding was perfect, perfect pillows too. I got a very good night sleep there, and I usually have a problem adjusting to new beds. The conference was held in the hotel. All of us had breakfast and lunch there during the whole time. Food was very nice, fresh and tasty. They also provided very tasty snacks and coffee/tea during the coffee breaks. The service was nice and the staff was very pleasant. The location is also pretty nice, since it is right there in the old town, a very charming part of the city. Had a very nice stay in this hotel, no complaints what so ever! I recommend this place to anyone traveling on business or pleasure.

Room Tip: If you have allergies from pillows with feathers, make sure you contact them as they use pillows and...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Peter P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Bratislava, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear MKN-Objective

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with other travellers. It is encouraging to hear you had a successful meeting with us and everything worked well for you from the comfort of the bed to the food at the conference and location of the hotel. We try to accommodate every guest need and I will be pleased to share your comments with entire team. We certainly hope we will have a chance to welcome you back in near future.

Kind Regards,

Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

As a general rule of thumb I try to stay away from Holiday Inn brand hotels because of too many bad experiences. My husband had a conference to go to in Bratislava in which Crowne Plaza was the designated hotel. I joined him on this trip, and was very pleasantly surprised. First, there are several hotels in the area, and Crowne Plaza looked the nicest by far on the outside. Upon entering, the hotel lobby and lounge were nicely decorated and quite spacious. The person checking us in spoke fluent English, but you can also check their website for other languages spoken. For example, the person who took us from the hotel to the train station spoke five languages. Our room was fairly small by American standards, but again, nicely decorated, clean, and suited our needs just fine. If I had any complaints about the hotel at all, it would be the closets are very small, and the mattress on the bed was uncomfortable for me. The mattress was very firm and may be perfect for another person. Additionally, the hotel is located where almost anything is convenient whether it be shopping, dining, or sight seeing. There are some lovely views outside the room we were in and at the elevator banks. I never in my life thought I would be going to Slovakia, but if ever going to Bratislava again, Crowne Plaza is the hotel where I would stay.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the country's presidential residence. There are some lovely views...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Peter P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Bratislava, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Travel5856,

Thank you for your review and recommendations, we are delighted you have enjoyed your recent stay with us. Your comments will definitely assist us in our commitment to continuously deliver high standards of service. I'm disappointed to hear our mattress was not to your liking as quality of sleep is our top priority and our Sleep Advantage program enhances the quality even further. If your travels bring you back to Bratislava it will be our pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel.

Kind Regards

Peter Pottinga

Been to Crowne Plaza Bratislava? Share your experiences!