“Radisson/carlton blue Bratislava” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 89 hotels in Bratislava
Dublin, Ireland
“Radisson/carlton blue Bratislava”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

perfect location in heart of Bratislava. Ok price, except the breakfast price! 25€ is too much. Other wise rooms and hotel was nice and relaxing. 10min walk to the train station, where you can get bus to and from airport, which costs 90c, while taxi is rip of 20-25€

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Robert H, General Manager at Radisson Blu Carlton Hotel, Bratislava, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear guest.

Thank you for comments regarding your recent stay with us.
If you are coming back to our lovely city, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will make sure that you will have a super breakfast for a super price.
And, the taxi issue can easily be resolved, as long as you are our guest.

Let me know and we will take good care of you.
robert.holan(at)radissonblu.com (the (at) is changed with @ to avoid potential spam bots.

377 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

This hotel at the entrance to the old city Bratislava was perfect for our stay. We could walk 1 block over to the Presporacik tram & take the ride up to the castle. They also have a tram ride around the old city, but we decided to walk around. The front staff was helpful with a map of the old city & it was very easy to get to everything from the hotel. There was a restaurant around the corner from the hotel which was reasonable & good, also a Billa store that you can pick up water, pastries & anything you might need during your stay. We had a beautiful view of the courtyard in front of the hotel from our window.

Room Tip: I loved the view of the courtyard at the front of the hotel, you could also see the castle; beautifu...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest.

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay with us.
We are grateful that you chose our Hotel to stay in, and we are truly delighted that we were able to provide you with great service and make your stay a memorable one.

We hope to see you back in Bratislava, and of course back to our home.

Bundoran
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I stayed in the Radisson Carlton Hotel in Bratislava on the night of October 3rd checking in early at 10.45 am and this presented no problem whatsoever to the very friendly receptionist. The room was big and airy with plenty of natural light, good sized-bathroom with plenty of accessories and a very nice lemon soap. There was also a good sized desk with its own lamp – the bulb on this blew while I was there but was promptly replaced – and both wired and wireless internet. The Wifi worked at all times on my computer but wouldn’t pick up properly on my smartphone.

The only complaint I would have was that fixing for the shower head was missing so had to hold it in one hand while I showered. I asked about this at reception later and they said it could not be fixed but I was offered another room. Already well settled where I was I declined but suggested maybe they swap the shower fixing from the room they were offering to swap me to my existing room but this was not done.

The breakfast room is nice and bright and looks out onto one of Bratislava’s main squares. The choice is excellent but while the hot food selection looks very appetizing, everything I chose was lukewarm, in fact even cooler than look warm. The breads, fruits and fish were all very good however.

I got the hotel, breakfast included, at an excellent rate, under €80. Given its location (its bang in the centre of the city (not 0-9 km away)), the size and furnishings of the room, free wifi and the breakfast selection it was very very good value. I am back in Bratislava within the next month and if I get the same deal again I would have no hesitation in picking this hotel.

The fitness centre is under renovation at the moment - hence the lower rating

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest.

Thank you for your valuable comments and feedback.
We are delighted that you had a good experience with us and even more happy about the fact that you will return to our lovely city.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your upcoming visit, and I can assist you with you the room booking.

Wish you a nice October and hopefully I will see you back at our Hotel next month.

LI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Well situated in the heart of the city,within easy walking distance to most sites. The hotel rooms were adequate-clean ,well appointed but nothing special. The buffet breakfast was ample and filling .. We were there on a Sunday and it was very quiet We did do a trolley car to view the town and that was fun.

Room Tip: Did not mean to rte spa or swimming pool
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest.

Thank you for your comments and feedback.
We are happy that you had a good experience with us, although we truly want to make your time with us next time a bit more special.
You felt that you were missing something, and this is important for us to take with us and make sure that we can be able to delight all of our guests.

I hope you will return to our Hotel soon and that we will be able to delight you and exceed your expectations.

UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

On our overnight stay we found this to be a comfortable hotel with convenient restaurants nearby in this lovely square. Some of the furnishings are a little tired but the room comfort and service was good.

The breakfasts were included in the room price and had a good variety. We had the omelettes which we really enjoyed.

It was a convenient place to stay for easy walking around the old town and to get to the airport.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest.

Thank you for posting a review regarding your stay.
We are happy that you had a nice experience with us and that breakfast and our staff was mentioned as highlights.

We hope to see you again soon.

Prague, Czech Republic
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

The normally quite reliable Radisson has failed to bring the level of service up to par. The once beautifully restored Savoy is a bit run down, but actually not bad. I had a nice stay although the bar staff was a bit surly at times. But I was refused exit from the parking garage even though my colleagues had brought an attendant down to the gate because they'd had problems a couple days before. The guys behind the desk were calling them stupid in Slovak under their breath. I had lost my card, but showed the attendant my bill for 90 Euros for parking. Still I was made to repark the car, march upstairs and pay 10 more Euros for a lost card. This made me late for my meeting. After 4 days, room service, drinks, etc, you'd think they would let it slide and let me go. Nope. This is my first negative review of a hotel on Trip Advisor. Radisson needs to get their level of service up here. It is 2013, and Bratislava isn't Eastern Europe anymore; sadly, the Radisson Blu still is in certain ways.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Clean, organised. Nothing to complain about. BUT the location is great. During spring the flowers smells wonderful, you don't want to close your windows just to the some more fresh and beautiful weather. Breakfast is the same as you can have in any other Radisson but the bread is poor. They cook some eggs for you but not that good. The rooms that sees the park are good. Wireless speed is above average. If you don't like puffy large pillows, bring your own one. Tv is relatively small but who cares.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Radisson Blu Carlton Hotel, Bratislava? Share your experiences!