“Can't beat the location” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Perugia
Zelena 5, Bratislava 811 01, Slovakia (Staré Mesto)   |
Ranked #41 of 92 Hotels in Bratislava
Los Angeles suburbs
“Can't beat the location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

Located on a charming narrow street in the heart of Bratislava Old City, is Hotel Perugia. The hotel's accommodations (high speed Internet, free breakfast at the downstairs cafe, etc.) were a lovely surprise considering the standard European aesthetic. Overall, the hotel was clean, great location, low price and friendly staff.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

I spent here two nights with friends. The room was huge but the extra bed wasn't that comfy. All the rest was nice and smooth. English speaker in reception, helpful and nice. Few choices but abundant continental breakfast. Clean and silent room and hotel in general. Just 20 meters walk from Bratislava old town square.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

The best part of this hotel is the location, it is in the heart of old Bratislava's historic area. Which does mean your taxi can't drive to it and you have a 250m trek with your cases.

The good bit first: The room is clean, warm, spacious, separate modern bathroom and toilet, both spotless. Free Wifi. Our room had an outside terrace which would be lovely in the summer.

The location is perfect if, like us, you are taking one night between Prague and Budapest to see Bratislava (we did that successfully in one night).

Staff were a bit robotic, the lift is too small for two people and two cases. The receptionist's only suggestion as to where we could eat was in the hotels pizzeria.

To be fair, it would have got a higher rating had the room rate been cheaper, but for €100 I want a smile when I arrive and a little bit more than this quite basic hotel.

If I was going again, I would stay in Radisson SAS Carlton, equally good location and their staff were very helpful to us - their taxi was much nicer and cheaper than the one we used from the train station.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Kobe, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2010

I stayed here a while ago and loved it. The location could NOT be any better as you are in the Old Town. I had NO problem with noise at night and I was there during the busy summer season when people were dining outside on the street. I ONLY stayed here for 2 nights but had not planned to stay at all. I went to Bratislava as a day trip from Budapest on my way to Wien/Vienna and ended up loving it after being around angry-faced, unfriendly people in Budapest for an extended time. It was a pleasant treat so I walked into the Perugia and they gave me a fair rate so I decided to stay there for two nights. The inside of the hotel was very nice, the room was clean and it was nice to have cold air conditioning. I will definitely stay here again some day.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
Palermo, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2007

I stayed in Bratislava for the end-of-year holidays for 5 days. I have to say that I have a passion for this mid-european capitals and, even if Bratislava is a small town, is also a good point for Wien visit...
The hotel is inside the pedestrian area of the city, in the historic center, near the main monuments (theaters, museums), attractions (Danube river, casinos, pubs and typical restaurants).
The crew was very efficient, gentle and available to our request. The rooms (we were at first floor) were clean, medium sized with a good bath. Each one have a very big terrace, that we have not so much used, due to low temperatures. There was also a common hall (moreorless used by my group as common area, instead of terraces).
The excellent breakfast was given in a restaurant, in the same building of the hotel, that in the other times is used as typical slovak restaurant.
The only lowlight was the price, in particular remembering what were the pricecs ten years ago...

• Liked — position, restaurant
  • Stayed December 2006
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2006

Stayed here in October. Twin room was smaller than I expected considering my guide book said the place was an old palace. Room was at best equivalent to average 3* UK standard. Beds were two singles separated. For £100 per night, accomodation would be far better than this, and this is Bratislava we're talking about!

Location is perfect, very central but I can imagine the noise could be a factor if you end up going to bed early. Staff are friendly, breakfast was as good as I had in Czech/Slovakia/Hungary - typical cold meats and cheese, with cereal.

I am not aware of any facilities they had, although I didn't spend enough time there to check it out. Could only stay for one night due to the place being booked up.

On conclusion - cheaper than the big name hotels in Bratislava, the best location possible, but not up to London standards - too expensive for what you get, but is secure and compares favourably to other places in the city.

Convenient accomodation in Central/Eastern Europe is expensive!

• Stayed October 2006, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bergen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2006

This hotel IS the city centre. Yet I was pleasantly surprised by the quiet surroundings. My room was nice enough, no view to write home about, but just stepping outside put me in the middle of the small old town of Bratislava.

The staff were were very helpful and semi-smiling which is good enough in a country where service doesn't seem to be priority no. 1.

My only complaint is the breakfast which was poor, not in quality, but in the number of choices.

Bratislava is Prague's boring brother, but if I have to go back I'd check in to Hotel Perugia every time. Yep. That's me.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hotel Perugia? Share your experiences!