“Good - Large Portions” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Good - Large Portions”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Restaurant in centre of Bratislava - Food was good - Soup starter was excellent - Main course was big and didnt manage to finish off..after got to know waiter thought i ordered a double portion - English not well spoken this time - Was only asked to pay for 1 and not a double portion - Says it is an Italian Restaurant...but needs to improve to become close to one..:)

Visited December 2012

Sydney, Australia
“Can I have some more please!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Yum!!!
A great place starting with location, wine, food through out the absolute last drink …we were about to go when our waiter suggested that we have a shot after dinner; it was great! Some had limoncello the others had something stronger (still nice). Overall; great experience, nice staff, easy going and at the same time able to prove a good service.
Don’t forget, you can start here and move from here to other places after dinner.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

One of the best I've been to and I've travelled the world
Love the food, atmosphere, doesn't get better than this place !

Milan, Italy
“Gallo Rosso, is Italian for Bratislava”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Having owned over 18 Fine Italian and French restaurants and travelled to over 40 countries, Gallo Rosso is one Fine restaurant, where the Food is sensational, the service enjoys lots of talent and the atmosphere is simply great. For a place to impress anyone from family to friends, don't go past Gallo Rosso! " I mean it. The experience was all about the Food and the service.

Sydney, Australia
“An Italian Jewell in the heart of Bratislava”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We had cravings for a good Italian meal when we stumbed across the Gallo Rosso in the Hotel Carlton in Bratislava. My nose is often the best judge of food and it didn't let me down on this occasion! I knew we were onto something special when we were greeted by a smiling Italian at the door of the picturesque building. As we're both non-smokers and used to Australian restaurants where no smoking is the rule, it was a blessing to offered the choice between smoking and non smoking area, and to be able to enjoy a meal without someone puffing away on a cigarette at the next table. But the best thing about this restaurant is the food. My husband and I shared the chef's suggestion of beef tenderloin with honey piri piri and potatoes and the buffolo mozarella anti pasto plate. For the main, my husband ordered the Ricotta and Spinach Ravioli and I had the delicious tomato and mozarella gnocchi. In retrospect as the serving sizes are generous, we could have shared a pasta. Unfortunately, after all that food, there was no room for dessert so we finished the meal with a cognac. Mmmmm! We're creatures of habit and if we find somewhere good to eat, we always go back. We went back the next day to share a pizza and we were not disappointed. I can recommend the Carmen with salami, pepperoni and olives with a side salad. This time we made sure there was room for dessert - I had the panna cotte and a cappucino, and my husband enjoyed the Tartufo Affogato coffee. The prices were surprisingly reasonable, especially after the inflated prices we experienced in Italy, the service was wonderful and our waiter had the best smile. I wish they'd open a Gallo Rosso in Sydney, and I can recommend this restaurant to those who love good Italian food and service with a smile - without the hefty price tag at the end of the evening.