Not luxurious by any means, but very good value for money. Plenty of little niggles but at about €60 a night you really cannot complain.NB!!
1. The TV does only have 3 English speaking channels and there is only so much CNN anyone can put up with
2. There is a shower head attached to the side of the bath but not a 'tall' clasp or shower curtain - this effecitvely means you either have to sit or kneel and self-shower (or stand and spray the whole bathroom)
3. Aircon works nicely
4. Breakfast is a good selection of cereals, fruits, cooked, yoghurts and eggs - eggs of every possible shape and description (boiled, fried, omlettes, scrambled, poached - eggs and more eggs). The local sausage is quite interesting.
5. Only about a 15-20 minute walk to the old town and close to a mini-supermarket for the essentials
6. Do not try the tea/coffee inroom - truly awful (and no milk)
7. There is a gym apparently - but couldn't make it as sprained ankle of the Bratislave pavements - be especially careful when it is dark, they are well-potholed!
Don't be put off. If you are looking for somewhere to have a good night sleep, nice breakfast and very reasonably priced this is the place.
The Acid-test - would I stay here again - without a doubt, just make sure they have a double room otherwise you're in a twin room (pushed together)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HRS, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotel.de, HotelTravel.com, Expedia and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Hotel Saffron reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.