“Awful treatment” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Stockholm, Sweden
“Awful treatment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

you feel like they are counting the time you are drinking your beer.

I sat with 4 friends, had 2 beers each. drank them, we stayed for 15-20 mins more without noticing, enjoying our talking. The manager came and said, either you buy something either you go out, that's the rules. My friend asked the reason. He started swearing. First manager i've seen in my life, swearing to customers. He kind of threw us out.

This manager i guess made money with the only bar rock in centre, and now he is able to swear cause he has enough customers to maintain him wealthy. I hope bratislava to grow, more rock bars will come, so he will have an antagonism and learn his "business" job.

Then he'll probably call you Mr. or Miss!
Unprofessional managers. Totally out of European pubs lvl. Just a bad copy.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
Cairo, Egypt
“Perfect place to sit outside...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I live in Bratislava and come to this place from time to time after work. I wouldn't sit inside only because its pretty dark for me there ( but nicely furnished) , I prefer to sit outside and watch the crowds passing by. This restaurant is located at very busy street in the heart of the old town.
You can see people of all nationalities hanging out there, Service is ok, speaks English and food is nice. I appreciate blankets they offer to customers, if the night air gets colder.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wales
“Barman smirked as he overcharged me”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

We called in late on a Saturday night as it seemed lively. Holding a 20 Euro note I ordered 3 vodka & cokes & was presented with a bill for E23.85. Bearing in mind the relative cost of drinks in Bratislava,(we drank mojito cocktails in the far more upmarket Havanna bar for 6 Euros, & beer in various bars for around a Euro) this seemed a tad excessive!
I paid him E25 and he walked off smugly,not to return! We drank our single measures & left.
I enjoyed the city & hope to return but will avoid this place like the plague.

Brisbane
“Good place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

A good, easy place to have a drink. Possibly the best herb and cheese bread in the world. Not the cheapest, but they sell sparkling wine by the glass :)

Visited April 2012
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Omg”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

What a nice place! A huge, renovated building in the heart of the historical place! Atmosphere is great and decoration rocks!! Even when all bars and restaurants at the city are full I can find a seat there! Food is great and inspired! Also young people hung out there!
To the disadvantages now! Prices are double than the average, but considering the location of Barrock and the decoration its ok! Service could be faster and stuff more polite.. Last time I was there I ordered three shots and the barman listened three drinks so at the end I had to pay 19 euro.. Moreover everytime I am there it seems to play the same list of songs.
But anyway! It's a great place to visit if you are in the city!
P.S Of course the music is most of the times rock :-D

• Visited March 2012