“Brilliant hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of LOFT Hotel Bratislava

Save Saved
You added LOFT Hotel Bratislava to your Saves list
LOFT Hotel Bratislava
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Stefanikova 4, Bratislava 811 05, Slovakia (Formerly Abba Bratislava Hotel) (Staré Mesto)   |
Ranked #11 of 90 Hotels in Bratislava
Burnham-On-Sea, United Kingdom
“Brilliant hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed 4nights at this brilliant hotel. Location is great 10 mins to the old town 5 mins to the train station, 15 mins to the castle. Very friendly staff , very clean hotel. We stayed in room 613 which was huge could be described as a suite, top floor with great views of the city. The bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I have slept in for a while, with lovely duvet and soft pillows. The bathroom was well equipped with a powerful shower and fitted containers of shampoo and shower gel, always handy if you run out! The wi fi is free and had no problems with connecting or speed of Internet access. We tried breakfast one morning for 12euros you have a great choice with good coffee, you could eat almost anything so great value I thought we just normally don't eat breakfast so hadn't bothered to include it in our room rate. There is a nice bar serving drinks at reasonable prices, closes at 11, Dimitar was helpful with is knowledge of the town.our room had very good air conditioning which was so welcome given the warm weather. This hotel has been fantastic and I would recommend it to anyone I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rome
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

This is a modern, clean and confortable hotel at a 10 minutes what distance from Bratislava's Stare Mesto and 5 minutes from Slovak Pub and other interesting spots for a good dinner
12 euro in addition for breakfast is absolute non sense.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Recently returned from wonderful visit to Bratislava. This hotel was recommended to me and it certainly exceeded all expectations. Room was large, beds were extremely comfortable. Bathroom was spacious with a lovely large bath. Everywhere was spotlessly clean. Hotel staff were friendly and welcoming and a minor fault with the toilet was dealt with quickly and efficiently. Bratislava, especially the old town, is amazing, and only a short walk from the hotel. Buses and trains are efficient & reasonably priced - Vienna is only a 55 minute train ride away - but walking is the best way to explore the town, see the sights and soak up the atmosphere. Look forward to returning next year.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I have just returned from a wonderful trip to Bratislava and stayed for 4 nights in this hotel. I was very impressed, our standard room was large and spotlessly clean, The beds were comfortable and the pillows were so soft.
The bathroom was spacious with the deepest bath I have ever had.
Only very minor disappointment was that some of the toiletries shown in the pictures were just empty boxes but there was shower gel and shampoo.
The reception staff were very friendly, we arrived earlier than the stated arrival time but our room was ready and we were able to use it straight away.
We had a minor fault whilst we were there but it was dealt with promptly.
We loved the hotel and intend to return again next year.
We ate out as there are plenty of cafes, bars and restaurants close by.
The journey from the airport was easy no 61 bus to Bratislava railway station (20 minutes) then a 15 minute walk to the hotel. You need to buy a 0.90 euro ticket either from the kiosk in the airport or ticket dispenser at bus stop, you need to 'stamp' it in the small machine as you enter the bus.
We went to Vienna for the day by train 13 euros, 1 hour journey.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Please read it in full. First of all, I want to mention, that I am not that demanding traveller and have huge experience around the Globe with hotels, hostels, b&b's etc. I never had such a bad experience with 4* european hotel.

The rooms are as described - that is not a deal. All the furniture is from China, bed is huge and comfy, BUT they are using synthetic pillows and duvet - meaning, if you like to stay under it you will have sauna alike feeling. The A\C was not working as management told me because it is not so hot outside, and it was like 25 in shade and around 29 on direct sun. They agreed to upgrade my room to executive one - fine, room is bigger, you will find bath robes in there, and no robes in standard, neither the slippers. In 4 days they fixed the AC and it was freezing, the thermostat is NOT working as it should be, that is NOT a climate system.

The bed. It is weirdest bed I've even slept on. It has rolling legs in the front, so if you will try wi sit on the bedrest to watch TV or have your laptop morning email checked - you will fall on the ground and bed will slip forward. No stoppers on the wheels. Can't do noting with that. Not a romantic bed for sure. Next thing, is planning of the rooms, since your neighbor bedrest with all the switchers are right on the opposite side of the wall, you will be disturbed with click clack noise if next door guest likes to stay awake late. Dull thing.

Shower - the door is not covering the splashes - you will have wet floor - trust me on that one.

The smoking floor is 4th and the hotel has 6. I addressed the question: Who made a decision to make 4th floor smoking instead of 6th??? I've been smoked up all the time because my neighbor from 4th floor liked to smoke all the time slamming the windows, I woke up one morning because of cigarettes smell.

In the end: good hotel for the ones that cheap, rate is cheap, BUT you will have cheap Chinese furniture, showers, beddings and everything you will see here. Don't expect european quality here. Better spend 10-15Euro more and pick branded hotel in the area.

The last part was trip to airport: I've made little research on taxi rates, regular rate for trip for 7-8km to airport is around 10 Euro, I've asked the hotel staff to call me a REGULAR taxi, they got me a private guy with no license who just came and grabbed my suitcase, I insisted with the receptionist Sofia that average rate should be around 10 Euros and she confirmed. Guess what? The meter showed 18.6 Euro - I was like, why? The guy tried to tell that he is private firm guy(private taxi) and he decides whatever to charge me, I told him that I will give not more than 12 and will stay here and call hotel to see why he is trying to rip me off. He said he has no time and fled.

breakfast is the same every day and not so bad, espresso machine is free to use. but prices in Bratislava is so cheap, that you should not be confused with that little bonus.

Read it all and be smart - don't fall for cheap price.

Room Tip: I had executive room on 5th floor, 513, choose 6th floor if you don't want to me bothered from s...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Krakow, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Modern and comfy hotel with good and central location in Bratislava, very close to all pleces of interest. The staff were helpful and professional, excellent service in all departaments. The room was fresh, celan and modern equiped. There was WiFi in the room but not too fast. A little bit of noise from the corridor (other rooms?). Unfotunatelly the breakfast wasn't included in the rate and it was overpriced (12 pro person) with limited choice of food. Better option is go out and find some cafes. But overall my stay was pleasant there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We spent 1 night at the Abba hotel after spending a few days in Vienna. The hotel is within easy walking distance of the city centre. The hotel and room itself was modern and comfortable. The room was large with lovely decor, huge bed, table and chair and great bathroom with a big bath. The reception staff were very friendly and spoke english. They gave us a map and gave us directions without us even asking. We skipped breakfast as we were flying home early but the restaurant looked good and reasonably priced. My boyfriend booked the room for £50 for the night so overall it was great value.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to LOFT Hotel Bratislava? Share your experiences!