“Good food, service sometimes less so” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Czech
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Good food, service sometimes less so”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I visited this restaurant several times with friends. The food is good. The service is sometimes slow and waiters are passing by, avoiding eye contact despite empty glasses on the tables. In the summer there is a nice terrace with view of the Danube.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Slovak first
Presov, Slovakia
“Tasty food, prompt servis”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Food was ok, only a few non-meat options, but tasty. Service was promt even the place was busy during hot summer night.
I missed atmosphere, but it is a common problem of the most places in Bratislava.
Drinks were ok, nice presented.
Overall: tasty food, prompt service, but nothing special.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bratislava, Bratislava, Slovakia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What an awful experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Recently i have visited the place with my friends and we have had really bad experience.Not considering the great beer they have there.The service was exceptionally terrible.We also had some food.My friend ordered vegetarian pastas with mozzarella cheese.Once it came to the table it was cold and without the cheese included.Once we realised that there is no cheese we asked waiter if it is alright.His answer was that there certainly is cheese.We kindly asked the waiter to call a manager because we wanted to resolve the problem.But the manager was very aggressive and rud although we where right.We used to like the place but upon this horrible experience we rather change the place.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Dissapointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Pros:
+ good location.
+ decent food.

Cons:
- I made a reservation 36 hours before, and still we got a bad table, right next to the kitchen door, even though THERE WERE other tables not reserved.
- I ordered something from the category of traditional Czech food. The waiter brought me a different plate, about 50% more expensive. I didn't realize at the beginning, only after I ate some of it, and therefore I didn't make any comment about that.
- My wife's desert was in a bad shape; it was a poppyseed cookie with a mousse layer that needs to be kept cold, but it was half-melted and nearly collapsed on itself right after it was brought to us.
- At the end, when we told the waiter that he brought us a non-requested and more expensive plate, he just smiled at us and said "sorry". It was obvious that he hadn't made a mistake, instead he did that on purpose.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Katy, Texas
“delicious and quick”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

had a quick bite -- some wonderful Czech goulash with potato pancakes and dumplings. Along with a dark Master beer my meal was still under 10 euros and the portions were ample. My service was very quick and attentive, unlike some others have experienced.

Visited November 2013