“Great food in czech / slovak style” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Czech
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Great food in czech / slovak style”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

If you like the kitchen, do not miss this place. A lot of good food and a nice place to see. Good services, maybe when it's full you need to wait a bit longer (take a appetizer), but the surrounding will take you and you'll forget the waiting time :)

Visited July 2012

57% Recommend
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Great location, good potential but there's always a "But" about food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

This restaurant has great location, its by Danube its always full and has quite nice food although there were some disappointments (we live 3 minutes from this place so we visit often for a lunch or dinner).
They have great beer the Czech Pilsner Urquelle. I did like caesar salad or duck. What I really didnt like last time it was pickled cheese it didnt sit in oil long enough and it was cut into two pieces (for this cheese I would recommend Pilsner Urquelle restaurant near Carlton Hotel downtown on square called - Namestie Ludovita Stura - plus at this place you get BREAD IN PRICE - not paying for something that should automatically come with cheese - at Kolkovna you pay almost 2 euro - I know it's not that bad for tourist but it's principle. Its like you would have hot dog but you would have to pay plus for ketchup and moustar to be able eat it). If I would have not been hungry I would send that cheese back and I told that to service.
Beer is nice, but again a bad manner that used to happen in some slovak restaurants happened here - beer used to be under the line of 0,5 liter after you let it stay and wait for the foam go down. The Wiener shnitzel - you get two pieces but they are really thin - what for I ask? I better get one and not ruin the whole food...and I could continue.
At the begining I did like this restaurant but the older it gets the worse it is.
My first choice of traditional restaurant is Bratislavsky mestiansky pivovar on Dunajska street - there's no better restaurant for a traditional food in town at this time.
The second one I would choose is the one I mentioned above. Service: on workday during lunch it wasnt really full as in the evening but it was slow and the waiter forgot about our beer so I had to remind him..
Hope managers will change this cause after the experience from last week I wont come soon and Im by the river almost daily.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Muenchen
“Good Czech restaurant in Slovakia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

This restaurant is part of the chain offering "Czech food" with "vest Czech beer". They're offering beer from tanks and this is making it special. Prizes are quite ok for this area and you shouldn't care of having your glass empty for long time. Only disadvantage is that it's quite often full. So reservation if you plan to go with more people at prime time is a must. If you stay in hotel in the surrounding, you should go there and taste original "Pilsner".
Personal - very friendly, especially beer tender.

Visited June 2012
Stupava, Slovakia
“Standard quality, but this time forgetful and lazy waiter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Kolkovna is well known place with Pilsner beer from tank, very good kitchen with excellent meals (small, medium, large, served to beer, etc.). We had last time bad luck, because we had there one very lazy and forgetful waiter. We have been waiting for several times for next beer like half an hour. Finaly after complains we got apology from another waiter and from that time we have been satisfied.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

Very nice pub I'd also recommend the pub by the same name down the river they cask condition their own pilsner urquell which is a world beyond the normal largers you get in England & tastes better than the beers I've tried in Hungary or elsewhere in Bratislava. If you're after something different you must come here. The food is also excellent & I can't fault the service as soon as you're glass is empty theyre offering to fill it up! Table service at its best! If Iived here they would both be my locals

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere