“A bit out of the centre but great for a stroll around” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 86 Attractions in Bratislava
Type: Gardens, Outdoors
London, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
“A bit out of the centre but great for a stroll around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Small and nicely laid out (a bit unfortunate that is right next to several busy roads, but you'll soon forget that). there's also several hothouses for a tropical weather fix should you need it. Take trams no. 4,5,9,12 from the centre towards Dubravka.

Visited April 2013

Bratislava
“Greenery all around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

a great place to relax and see interesting plants. perfect for a warm sunny, day. it is relatively easy to get to from the city centre. Even for the tourists. they can use any of the trams going to Dubravka or Karlova Ves and get off at the bus stop Botanical Garden. it is not the biggest one you can imagine but a nice green spot near the centre of Bratislava.

London, UK
35 attraction reviews
“Botanical Garden”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

If you want to experience the spirit of Bratislava, go to the Botanical Garden, you'd see plenty of beautiful plants and flowers.

Shame we could not bring any with us. But, if you have some time, explore the garden, the aroma is just magnificent!

My mother certainly enjoyed wandering around, and so did I !

Visited August 2012
“Just faboulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012 via mobile

Two hours of relax pure. A lot of great things to see...

Cornwall
26 attraction reviews
“Amazing... Breathtaking... Wow!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

The University have done a fabulous job in their work with this garden which is open to the public. There are acres upon acres of woodland, rose gardens, lawns, a Japanese Garden, other garden areas, a childrens' play area, ponds, a huge greenhouse reminisce of the Eden Project with different areas but on a smaller scale. There are garden seats everywhere and so much to look at (I forgot to mention they have a couple hundred species of cacti as well. Generally it's my mother (who I was travelling with) who will happily spend a couple hours in a garden and I'm bored after about an hour - if that - but there were so many things to look at and so many different styles etc (there was just something new and different everywhere you looked) that when we left 5 hours later it was because we had to for time reasons and even then there were still things I wish we'd had time to go back and see that we were passing as we left. If only we had time to go back before leaving Bratislava - if and when I go back to the city I'll be allowing a full day!! It cost 3 Euros each to get in, there was a "snack shack" facility with ice creams and very snacky type snacks and some drinks venders so I would receommend a picnic. I've recommended 3 hours plus for a visit, you may not find it takes that long or may want to stay longer like we did, but either way it's certainly a must see!! I took 400 photos of our trip to Bratislava, over a quarter of these were from this garden!!!!!!!!

Visited June 2011