“A surprisingly great hotel” 4 of 5 stars

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Trnavska Cesta 27/A, Bratislava 83104, Slovakia   |
Ranked #19 of 89 hotels in Bratislava
Vancouver, Canada
“A surprisingly great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We were blown away by the caliber of this hotel. The room was huge and the amenities terrific. As the others say, the hotel is a little far away from the city center but the hotel is excellent at explaining the transportation options available.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Silvia K, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience of the DoubleTree by Hilton Bratislava.

With great pleasure I read, that you had a great stay with us and that all our facilities and services met your expectations.

Please allow me to mention that city center can be reached in 10 min. by public transportation.

Thank you for staying in our hotel and we will be looking forward to welcoming you back.

189 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Yes, certainly I can agree that this hotel is rather away from the city centre, however by a taxi its 10 minutes and the price you pay is not high. If you get a good rate then this DoubleTree represents one of best possible value for money choices.
Modern hotel, good staff, excellent breakfast.
I have visited hotel in the hottest day of the year and aircon seemed to manage all the heat without a special effort.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for taking the time to share your review about your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Bratislava. I was delighted to read that you had a comfortable stay with us and that you very much enjoyed our services and facilities.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to host you in our hotel during your next visit of Bratislava.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

The hotel was great, as with most Hilton's but the location wasn't ideal for us.

I was very pleased with the hotel, it was very modern and clean and tidy and the rooms were great with very comfortable beds.

The location isn't great though if you're travelling in and out of the old town, but it was a good price, partly due to the location I imagine.

There's not much around the hotel. There is a bus stop a couple of minutes walk from the hotel or a tram stop about 10 minutes walk away. Public transport is cheap and regular, and it's around a 15 minute ride into the old town.

The travelling wasn't too much of a problem but if we visited Bratislava again I think we'd find a more central hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

thank you for staying at DoubleTree by Hilton Bratislava. I was happy to read, that you had a pleasant stay with us.
I was disappointed to read, that you did not find the location of our hotel very convenient.
Please allow me to mention, that by walking, you can reach 2 big shopping malls and the city centre can be reached by public transportation in 10 min.
On behalf of the whole team I am sending you the warmest regards from Bratislava

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

This was a great hotel in a great location. The staff treated us perfectly and the breakfast was excellent for all of us. We were travelling to Slovakia for the first time and really appreciated the hospitality of the staff. This was a great start to our central European vacation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Silvia K, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Bratislava.

I was delighted to read, that you enjoyed your first time visit of Bratislava and that overall you had a great stay with us.
We look forward to seeing you next time you travel to Bratislava area.

Silvia and the DoubleTree Team
bratislava, Slovakia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Staff not helpful at all, the condition of the rooms disappointing. However breakfast was good and there the staff was friendly. Not at all up to Hilton standard. The fact that when changing rooms I had to carry my own bags and run up and down the stairs with the different keys is unheard of.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Silvia K, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are sorry we did not provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical for our hotel and staff. We will work on improvement. We are happy to hear you liked our breakfast and the staff in the restaurant.
Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will give us another opportunity for a better experience.

Bridge of Allan, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

This was my first visit to Bratislava. It's a beautiful city thankfully now free from the embarrassing behaviour it endured from British Stag parties.

Finding the hotel car park was a challenge as the sat nav struggled to cope with the hotel's address. Once I found the parking entrance, it was fine though as it had adequate parking in the basement.

Rooms were modern. I actually ate in the restaurant which is unusual for me as I normally eat by the bar when I travel but I did this because of the choice on the menu coupled with the view of the food that was being served. It was first class.

The only issue I had was it's location to the city center. It's location isn't ideal but not a major issue. It's not really a city centre hotel or an airport hotel based on it's location. I took a taxi to and from the hotel to the centre and it cost me €15 each way using the hotel limousine service. I opted for this as opposed to an external taxi company as it was a fixed rate and I wasn't sure what the metered service would cost me.

I would have given this hotel a full 5 rating if it hadn't been for the location. I would definitely stay here again though.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My wife and I were visiting Vienna and decided to spend some time in the neighbouring capital of the Slovak republic, Bratislava. As Honors members we naturally chose the Bratislava DoubleTree – and it was exceptionally good value.

The hotel is a little way out of town but very easy to reach from the main station. A frequent bus (number 61) goes from outside the train station to virtually outside the hotel (Zimny Stadion) and costs only 0.70E (you get tickets from tobacconist booths or from machines at most stops). The ride takes about 6 minutes and there’s an electronic annunciator which means that you won’t miss your stop.

There’s also a type of sports bar between the bus stop and DoubleTree where you can get a beer and a good snack at a remarkable low price.

The Bratislava DoubleTree is brand new and very attractive. We were upgraded and got a very nice two-roomed suite. The lady who checked us in couldn’t have been more helpful. Incidentally, we were there when the temperature hit 38C (100F) and the room’s air-conditioning had no difficulty coping.

However, the main reason for writing this review is to comment on the breakfast which was buffet-style. It really couldn’t be better. The dining room is beautiful and nicely decorated. We even had a fresh flower on the table. The range of choices was very large (including made-to-order omelettes). There was an excellent selection of local cheeses. The presentation of the food itself on the various counters was quite exquisite (the staff were helpful, cheerful, and efficient without any of the overbearing behaviour that you can get at posh restaurants). Finally, although this was a buffet, the service was immaculate; for example, servers continually ensured that the food presentation remained optimum by tidying up after guests had taken food.

I travel a lot and would like to say that the breakfast experience at the Bratislava DoubleTree is as good as it gets and I can’t think of a better restaurant. If only all hotels were like this.

I also used the gym. It's rather better than average because there are more machines (push/pull/stretch/lift) than usual.

Bratislava itself is a great city and well worth visiting.

Room Tip: We has suite 818. It's at the end of a corridor and very quiet.