“Really really nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #14 of 91 Hotels in Bratislava
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Glasgow
“Really really nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

This is a nice hotel. I think it has recently been open cause you can still smell fresh paint.

The only time I saw a single other guest was at breakfast. Other than that a ghost hotel

Breakfast is good. They make good omelettes.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We had a very nice suite, everything was perfect as it should be in a Hilton. Only small issue the room has was that there was some light in front of the bathroom window and due to the glassdoor to the bathroom it was never completely dark in the room. Otherwise we had an excellent experience and truly enjoyed the rich breakfast buffet.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Alexandra K, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear guest,
thank you for choosing DoubleTree by Hilton Bratislava. I am happy to hear you was very satisfied with our hotel and service.
We hope to see you again soon!
Alexandra and DoubleTree Team
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I am a regular traveler to Bratislava on business and when I heard that there was a Hilton Double Tree I was delighted. I was always staying at a NH Hotel which was great but the Hilton was closer to the centre and I could collect my HHonors points. The first few times I stayed there is was good. Great restaurant and service but then the issues crept in. They included: bad water pressure in showers, cold shower, brown water coming from the shower and water taps, dirty toilet, missing amenities/toiletries or incomplete, wifi which is hit or miss depending on what room you are in etc. I complained several times but you either get an answer like "the water pressure is bad because we are full up!!!" or the water is brown "because the room hasn't been used in a while" In the end, I gave up and have gone back to the NH Hotel. I will not return unfortunately despite me missing out on my points. I am a business traveler and I expect at least the basics to work.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest,
thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you have faced problem with water pressure in the room. Our technicians were aware of the technical issue and were working on solving it.
I do hope you give us another opportunity for a better experience.
Wroclaw, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Very fancy hotel. As a welcome gift guests are given a delicious chocolate cookie. The room was excelent. Unbelivebaly comfortable bed with additional pillow (you can order it for free during booking the room) made night there very peacefull. In the hotel there is a swimming pool, fitness center and restaurant. I would definitelly come back to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Alexandra K, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Dear guest - Piotr,

thanks for staying here at DoubleTree By Hilton Bratislava. We are glad you had a taste of our warm, caring service.

We look forward to welcoming you back,

Alexandra and DoubleTree team.
Ottenburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This hotel has the feel of being recently built and is thus very clean and functional. It is tastefully decorated in a way that will appeal and be familiar to many travellers  (that might be an issue to some as the ubiquitous clean modern lines lack the charm or quirkiness found in other more 'design' orientated hotels).
The check-in was handled smoothly and efficiently, with the front office kindly upgrading me to a junior suite (corner room). Another nice touch was the warm cookie given at check-in, perfect after a busy day!
My room featured a separate living area, bedroom and bathroom meaning that it would be suitable for small families. Again, the room is modern and functional with good quality bed, furnishings and Crabtree and Evelyn bathroom amenities. It was very nice to see a separate bath and shower in the bathroom.
I had two issues with my room which you should pay attention to if wanting to stay in the same room type. First, being a corner room, it is a long way from the corridor wifi antenna. In fact, I couldn't even get a signal in the bedroom. This is a shame as I couldn't work, though credit must be made to the hotel for offering complimentary throughout the hotel in the first place. Second, the airco unit in the bedroom struggled to keep the room cool (it blew out a lot of air but not much of it was cool).
There are two restaurants in the hotel. The breakfast/lunch one was pretty standard with a reasonably good breakfast on offer. The staff need to be a bit more attentive though. The second restaurant is an Italian one and is excellent. The pasta is made fresh and rolled-out at a station in front of diners. Service is equally good here. My meal was (as was my room) very reasonably priced.
Overall, a very good hotel and one to recommend if staying in Bratislava on business.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest - Simon,

Thank you for choosing DoubleTree by Hilton Bratislava for your stay. Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience.
Come see us again - we have got delicious chocolate cookie waiting for you!

Thanky again,

Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

If you do not like crowds, but like profesional servis, calm hotel, great breakfast and quality gym WITH POOL and sauna, this is the place. Newly built so everything works, rich breakfast with eggs made to order, friendly but profesional staff, free internet.. All you can need for a business trip and maybe even a vacation stay. I go to Bratislava very often and this is my new home hoetl..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Alexandra K, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
Dear guest,
thank you for choosing our hotel - DoubleTree by Hilton in Bratislava. I am happy to hear our team made your stay comfortable.
Hope to see you again soon,
Midwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

The Doubletree may not be centrally located, but the excellent bus system makes it very convenient to get around. There are two bus stops less than a 10-minute walk from the hotel.

We first took a bus from the train station to the hotel. We also took buses to the Old Town and to the waterfront to catch the Twin City Liner back to Vienna. (By the way, although you can take the boat both ways from Vienna to Bratislava and vice versa, you can only buy tickets in Vienna. We traveled one-way from Bratislava to Vienna and were lucky we learned to buy our tickets in advance in Vienna.)

The hotel provides an excellent breakfast. We did not eat any other meals there, but enjoyed several meals in town. The Front Desk staff is very helpful in providing restaurant suggestions and how to get to the restaurants. You can buy bus tickets at any "Trafik" shops and there is one near the closest bus stop.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
thank you for sharing your experience at DoubleTree by Hilton Bratislava. I am happy to hear our Front desk staff was helpful and that our breakfast met all your expectations.
Thanks for choosing DoubleTree.
Alexandra and team.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava? Share your experiences!