“Really excellent service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 91 Hotels in Bratislava
Reggio Calabria, Italy
“Really excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

First of all an piece of advice. If you manage anyhow try to organise transfer in advance with help of hotel. The taxi driver from the bus station charged me 14 €, and when I went back by hotel taxi I paied 9 €. 5 € is in my opinion quite a difference on such a short drive.
Check in wasn't soooo fast but Tomaš is a trainee, I wasn't in a hurry and I find positive that you people get occassion to work not just to watch. I booked a junior suite. On the web site doesn't stay that there are no JS for smokers, but Ms. Natalia was so nice and speaks such a good German that you really can't be angry.
My suite is very spacious, nice colurs, lovely tissutes. Specialy paintings on the wall are very nice, but not exagerated in style. Two TVs, separated shower and WC. Pitty that there is not another toillette in the bathroom however so you need continue to walk there and back all the time.
Toilletteries are appropriate for the 4* level.
One more thing regarding the room - is pitty that in such a new hotel (opened 2 years ago) the don't have a digital regulator for heating. Is quite difficult to arrange the apropriate temperature in room. Internet is however very fast and good.
Rooms are clean, only strange thing there is no information map not even some envelopes, just small block of papers and a pen.
The room lady left in my room the old room service menu, so the waiter needed to read me over the phone the offer. I missed some pasta on the menu. I took the burger which was ok, but not my favourite food. Mini bar is very well equiped. Prices both for mini bar as well for room service are very reasonable.Furthermore, what I find really positive is that they don't charge some room service fee.
Bar is nice, modern and ellegant. Also here, moderate prices - 29 € for a bottle of prosecco is more than acceptable for me. Waiter was very attentive, I didn't one single time need to pure vine by myself.
In the morning I ordered breakfast into the room, again without any additional fee. Officialy continental breakfast, but breakfast for one person makes full also 2 people in my opinion. Although there isn't on the service chart, on my wish they brought me also cheese as I requested. Big bowls of fruit, bread, marmalade, butter, everything you need in the morning. Is normal to get some juice, however normaly you get a glass, here I got the whole jar! More or less a litre. Very generous from the hotel. Was also punctualy delivered.
Also the check out was friendly and efficient.
The only thing I regreted is the language knowledge of the hotel staff. They are all fluend in english, however only few of them german. I found this very dissapointing for a city in Mittel Europe.
Anyway, the hotel Mercure was the only bright point of my trip to Bratislava that was in total a big failure.

Room Tip: I paid for JS 130 € with breakfast what in my opinion is not a bargain but a GIFT! You should only a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
place
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

The hotel is very clean and modern. The rooms are comfortable and well maintained with good facilities. There's free Internet in the lobby, and the staff were very helpful. The restaurant offered very good food with excellent presentation, and great Slovak wine. And the prices are very attractive - the Euro goes a long way in Bratislava.

The only downside is that the surrounding area is a bit shabby and it's a 15 minute hike to the historic city centre. And don't take a cab off the street - we got ripped off but it was our fault.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Perfect very clean, brand new, and within a reasonable walk from anything!
The place is 4 star quality I suppose, the bedrooms are spacious and the showers are amazing. There is one thing make sure your close with the person you stay with..There is glass around the shower and you can see right in. There are curtains but they are on the outside and can be moved by the person not showering. But overall I would go back for what I paid

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Noosa, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I chose the Mercure Bratislava for a one night stay based mainly on its location, just a couple of minutes from the train station. I was very pleased, however, with the overall quality of the hotel and would definitely stay again.

I ugpgraded to a club room, and it is definitely worth it. The room had a separate toilet/bathroom, and a bedroom leading to a little reception/study area. The extra room was very welcome.

The room generally is very well fitted out and the bathroom in particular was excellent. Wifi worked well and it had all the TV channels that you'd expect. Sleep quality overall was very nice.

Service was what you'd expect from Mercure - fast, professional and not terribly welcoming

The only negative feature for me on the hotel was that there are very few restaurants or supermarkets in the area, meaning that you have the choice of the crowded and overpriced hotel restaurant or complete much from the cafes around the station.

Overall though, this is an excellent choice in Bratislava, and I will be back for my next stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Christchurch
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed at the Mercure Bratislava Centrum Hotel in a standard room for three nights while attending a meeting at the nearby university. I chose the hotel due to its proximity to the railway station and because the hotel was new. Although the rail station is about a 5 to 10 minute walk away, I never hear the trains. Buses from the central bus station and the airport go to the train station which adds to the convenience of the location. The old town was about a 15 to 20 minute walk away.

The hotel was built recently and it feels new. My colleagues who also stayed in the hotel also thought that the hotel was nice. The lobby and my room were clean and attractive.

My room was large and clean. I had a queen size bed. There was a small desk, a flat screen TV, a mini bar and large closet. The decor is interesting. Instead of the typical beige colors, the walls were painted in dark red and there was a large, colorful print hanging above the bed. The downside to the dark colors and the dark drapes is that when the drapes were drawn, the room felt dark. I would have preferred that there were more lights available in the bedroom area near the desk.

The bathroom, on the other hand was bright and well lit. The shower had a rain shower head and a huge hand held nozzle which could be removed from its position on the wall. The shower was separated from the rest of the bathroom by a sheet of glass that extended for half of the length of the shower. Since one end was open, I usually wound up sending some water onto the floor of the bathroom, but the bathmat could handle that. The large mirror above the sink was designed not to fog which was a great feature. There is also a smaller, magnifying mirror if you like.

The really odd thing about the bathroom is that the wall between the shower and the bed had a very large window. On one hand, you could stand in the shower and watch the news which was a strange treat. On the other hand, the large window would make things a bit awkward if you were sharing the room. However, there are blinds that can be drawn across the window but they are on the bedroom side.

The breakfast room in the lobby was small with only about 20 tables or so. The staff could open up another section if needed and I saw this happen once. Breakfast was usually busy at 7:30 or so. There were cooked options including pancakes with maple syrup, rolls, meats and cheeses and cereals. Overall, I was pleased with the breakfast. I did not eat lunch or dinner in the hotel, but my colleagues did and they reported that the food was excellent.

The staff were friendly and helpful. My colleagues and I arrived at different times and the staff helped us to connect with each other. They also let me check into my room early when I arrived on a bus from Vienna before noon.

Internet (wired and wireless) is free which is a very nice bonus. I am surprised, however that the hotel didn’t have a fitness center. Although there are a host of TV channels, the only ones in English are the new channels.

Overall, a very good choice in Bratislava. I would certainly stay at the Mercure again when I am next in Bratislava.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I would certainly recommend this hotel - it's clean, nicely styled and very friendly. I think the glass walled bathrooms work particularly well, they are nice and light.

I was a little disappointed with the food on my first night but it's possible that was more about my expectations - the food here was probably better than I had elsewhere In Bratislava but not what I'm used to. The waiter was very friendly though and tried hard to help us with food and wine selections.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bielany Wroclawskie, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I can easily recommend Hotel Mercure in Bratislava. This hotel is new and has very modern design. Rooms are well equipped and there is a tee set in every room. WiFi connection is good all over the place. They also serve very good breakfast and I believe that everyone can fins something for himself/herself. Hotel is located around 15 minutes walking distance form the Old Town of Bratislava and only few minutes from main Railway Station..
They also lock charge 50 Euro per night from your credit card for some security purposes, even though I have down paid for my stay. After few days they unlock this amount from your credit card. So be ready to this surprise. And if you prefer to have decent temperature in your room, you should switch off the central heating and turn on the air conditioning. When I walked into this hotel for the first time I felt like in sauna! In the lobby, elevators and corridors is extremely hot.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Mercure Bratislava Centrum? Share your experiences!