“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 89 hotels in Bratislava
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Spent an excellent 3 nights in this hotel recently. All the staff were very friendly from the moment we checked in, room service, porters, club lounge etc etc. Found the staff to be very professional but also genuinely friendly. Maria who checked us in was excellent. Location is very good, right beside a very modern mall and 10 minute walk from centre of town. We found Bratislava to be pretty quiet compared to other European cities I have visited but we still managed a good night out. If you are staying in Bratislava I would happily recommend the Sheraton!

Room Tip: club lounge is a nice perk, need to book in advance for spa treatments
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
SheratonBratislava, General Manager at Sheraton Bratislava Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing these kind words at TripAdvisor, as well as for praising the skills and positive attitude of our associates especially Maria. We will gladly share this positive review and your personal appreciation with her, as well as with the whole Sheraton Bratislava Hotel team.

465 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Polish first
Katy, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Even though I had a first floor room (one above ground level) there was no noise from the promenade outside. As I was staying in a club room, I had lounge access which was very nice with very good snacks and appetizers at dinner time. Because hotel occupancy was lower on the weekend, rather than having breakfast in the lounge, I was offered full buffet breakfast each day - outstanding!

The hotel was spotless throughout and the staff was helpful and courteous. Only the slightest knock that the gym had a weak selection of weights and machines.

If I return to Bratislava - which I hope to - I will absolutely stay at the Sheraton again

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Katy,

Thank you very much for taking some time and submitting this great review on Tripadvisor. It makes me happy to hear that you enjoyed the time at our hotel. We will be more than happy to welcome you back soon.

Milton Keynes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

When the check in process is easy / friendly and service focused the rest just follows. Good modern rooms and great breakfasts as well. Location is within 10 min walk of Old town so very central and 15 min from the train station. Refer my note about taxi;s in the city below as part of tips but cant be faulted as a hotel for the full package.

Dear Milton,

Thank you very much for this nice review of your stay at the Sheraton Bratislava Hotel. Should your travels ever bring you to back to Bratislava, we will be more than happy to welcome you again.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Enjoyed this hotel. Rooms were of good quality. Very Good service from all staff we had contact with. We received great help from the front desk staff and concierge. They provided good answers to our questions and even located shops for special requests we had. Happy two hours at the bar on the nights we were in town provided a relaxing and cheap way to relax before dinner after a days touring. Location to shopping and resturants is excellent. Also a Casino right next door.

Internet Connection is expensive but all local resturants along the river front provide free WiFi. Valet Parking is also expensive being 30 euro per day but with an expensive rental car we had no option than to use it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
SheratonBratislava, General Manager at Sheraton Bratislava Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear guest,

I am glad you enjoyed the time in our hotel. Thank you very much for taking your time and submitting this great review on Tripadvisor, as well as for praising the positive attitude of our associates. I'm glad we helped to make your stay a memorable one and if you ever decide to return to Bratislava, we'll be happy to have you here at the Sheraton Bratislava Hotel.

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

SPG know how to treat their travellers with status well, and this Sheraton is a prime example. The staff are incredibly helpful, polite and competant, and everyone I interacted with during my stay seemed to play their part well.

The location is fantastic, the hotel is very clean and my suite far exceeded my expectations. The lounge is slightly sparse on food choices, but had enough to keep me going for one night.

I definitely plan on staying at this hotel again in the future.

Choose this hotel if you are looking for any of the following things:
- Quiet night's sleep
- A good location to explore Bratislava on your own or with family
- Somewhere close to shops and bars (no noise disturbed me though)
- Close to business district and corporations
- Luxurious example of an SPG property
- Close to the Bratislava concert/opera building

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Square so you can see the fountains and river Danube
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for this fantastic review of your stay at the Sheraton Bratislava Hotel. We continuously strive to meet and exceed our guests expectations and we are delighted when this is achieved. Therefore I am also very glad you fully enjoyed your stay, and we will be more than happy to welcome you back again.

Busan, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Even if just a day stay I can see how staffs are well organized and responsive toward guests. They are always trying to communicate with guests even if it is a small topics.

Very highly trained staffs makes my stay more enjoyable. Really fancy facility including fitness facility and swimming area.

Really quick and efficient check in/out, enough explanation for hotel and my stay.

Valet parking was also well established. Breakfast was excellent compare to other hotel brands.

Overall I'll definitely visit again for not only my visit in Bratislava but also Vienna.

Room Tip: Sign up Starwood prefered guest before visit, then you will get a higher floor
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

I was very pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for letting us know how happy you were with the service you received.
Once again thank you and we hope to be able to welcome you at the Sheraton Bratislava again soon.

Prescott, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton hotel located in Bratislava Slovakia for just one night! We loved it! The location was perfect and the price was reasonable! What made the stay so great was our very helpful and might I add handsome concierge Martin! He helped us make a long distance phone call back home to our Granddaughter who we were missing terribly! He was even going to let us use his phone! Service like that is almost unheard of! Thank you for the great stay Martin!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

I am glad to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us as well of praising the positive attitude of our concierge Martin. Naturally I informed him about your nice review. If your travels ever brings you back to Bratislava, we will be happy to welcome you in Sheraton again.

Simone Dulies

Been to Sheraton Bratislava Hotel? Share your experiences!