“Much better than it looks” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Falkensteiner Hotel Bratislava

You added Falkensteiner Hotel Bratislava to your Saves list
Falkensteiner Hotel Bratislava
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Pilarikova ulica 5, Bratislava SK-811 03, Slovakia (Staré Mesto)   |
Ranked #20 of 91 Hotels in Bratislava
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Much better than it looks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Location is actually ok even though beside a main road as a pedestrian subway provides easy access to the Old Town. Nespresso machine in rooms is good but room aircon ineffective. We were too warm and slept with an open window on the 5th floor overlooking the main road. Excellent sauna and gym but allow 1 hour for sauna to heat up. Great breakfast with everything you could wish for except fish. Wonderful orange squeezing machine. Nearby is a brew pub Samocky Pivovar which I recommend if you like good beer. It's 20m from the Ibis hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

This very modern hotel is right on the edge of the historic Old City (about five minutes walk to the main Square) and just below Bratislava Castle. We arrived by train from Vienna and walked to the hotel, which took about twenty-five minutes. We later discovered that the 93 bus runs from the station to right outside the hotel for 70 cents.
The reception staff spoke good English and were very efficient and helpful. We wanted to eat at a particular restaurant and the receptionist arranged that for us straight away.
Our room was a good size with a nice bathroom. Everything seemed very new and was very clean. The beds were comfortable and room was quiet. There is a "Chill-Out" area on the top floor with a good steam room and sauna. It is free to use, but you need to ask Reception to switch them on about thirty minutes before you want to use them. (I found that in the afternoon they were already working.)
Breakfast is a buffet with a reasonable choice and there is a chef to cook omelettes and eggs to order. There is a bar and the restaurant is available in the evening.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would happily use the hotel again.

Room Tip: Our room was at the front of the hotel, but was still very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I just got back from Bratislava. I chose this hotel because it was close to the church where I was going to have a wedding. Last minute I decided to go one day earlier and the price was the double of what I paid so I chose other hotel ( Park Inn Danube) and paid even less the my initial booking at the Frankenstein and Park inn even included a breakfast. The location is great but not in front of a busy road while the other hotel was facing the river and had a piazza in front of it with nice bars what for me in nicer. The hotel has sauna but no jacuzzi or pool. We order a glass of wine at the bar and we needed to ask to double it because it was really a very very small drop of wine. As soon as I checked in a lady came to my room to ask to check what I consumed on mini bar. Well, I did not had time even to find the mini bar and she should be aware I was just arriving. Later I was watching TV and a guy got in the room without knock at the door. When he saw me he did apologize but I worked in hotels before...and you never...never get in the room without checking if someone is inside first. Imagine if I was getting dressed. Also when I was leaving the hotel I asked the receptionist to call a taxi for me ( the normal taxis that cost around 12 to get you to the airport) and without telling me she got the hotel driver to take us and the cost was 22 Euros. I am aware of costs in Bratislava so I did not get happy with that but to avoid getting late we just took the car she got us. For the good side I would say Thiago at the reception was super nice and helpful and most of the staff was very friendly despite one lady at the reception that was giving me the feeling I was disturbing her work and even spoke on the phone with someone ( a guest or employee) and told the person so go get something from the bar directly because she was busy ( but said in a not very nice way). The cleaning lady was lovely, internet free access at the lobby was great and also you are super close to old town center and also from Aupark mall, you can walk or the bus takes 2 minutes and leave from hotel front. The room is not big but it is very clean and modern with coffee machine and mini bar. If I visit Bratislava again I will not stay there and will stay at Park Inn. Ah..forgot to mention that if you book a room for 2 people you will have 2 really single beds. I think for the price they charge would be fair to do as most of the hotels and have a larger single bed. For a big man it would be really unconformable to sleep.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

The hotel is situated close to a bus station (just to clarify Rajesh's post, there is no subway in Bratislava), inside the historical centre, just below Bratislava castle.

The furniture is modern, rooms are clean, just a bit overheated when we arrived - same goes for corridors.

The breakfast includes wide range of food to choose from, the staff is friendly.

Overall, I rate the hotel as an average 4*, what makes it attractive is the location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

had 4 nights at the Falkensteiner. its a nice enough looknig hotel in terms of product, and amenities etc , the breakfast is also very good, with hot and cold and an omelette maker etc. However I think the root of the problem is the service .....basically they just dont care.... over the course of four days, we had asked for several things , an exytra duvet, a longer lead for internet as wifi did not work, someone to fix the aircon .... in 4 days we never got a single thing we asked for and gave up after a while. ... we felt like we were inconveniencing them.

We did find generally the service in bratislava was hit and miss but generally well meaning..... not at this place.

If you just want somewhere to put your head for the night in a good location and a nice breakfast then its absolutely fine. but if you have a problem with anything or need assistance then this is probably not for you.

t

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
FalkensteinerCare, General Manager at Falkensteiner Hotel Bratislava, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear nmsouthken,
Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience during your stay.
We value any honest feedback from our guests, be it positive or negative, as it is the only way to ensure continuous growth and development of our services.
I am sorry to learn of your concerns with your recent stay and at the outset would like to offer my sincere apologies for the disappointment you have expressed.
We fully emphasize with your sentiments.
I was concerned to note your comments regarding the level of service you received and I want to apologize that our staff let you down on this occasion.
Action and re-training have been taken already to remedy the lack of service you experienced.
I hope this will not deter you from staying with us again, we would love the opportunity to assure you from our “Welcome Home” philosophy during your next stay with us.
Warm regards,
Gernot Riha, General Manager
Pune, Maharashtra, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I stayed for 4 nights & had good time there.

Nice Hotel at right place. Near to shopping / market area, but no traffic noise. Direct connection via a subway right in front of the hotel.

Variety of buffet breakfast!! It was too much. Many items to choose from.

Only problem faced was with elevator on my last day.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from short stay in Bratislava at the falkensteiner hotel. The hotel is ideally situated, outside the hotel is a subway that takes you straight to the old town. The hotel has recently been refurbished and is very nice and smart inside. The room was lovely and warm, which was much appreciated after spending the day out in the cold. The room had everything you would need a coffee machine, hair dryer, etc. Very clean. The staff were very friendly, especially the girl on reception in the mornings, made us feel very welcome. Had a lovely stay would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Falkensteiner Hotel Bratislava? Share your experiences!